31 dead and over 200 injured in bombings today

Options

Replies

• VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    while you have a good point, I feel it would have been in better taste to save this post for tomorrow.

Why? It happened today. Its a tragic event like what happened in Boston. I find it offensive to say wait until tomorrow. It deserves the same attention as anything else

Thank you!
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    while you have a good point, I feel it would have been in better taste to save this post for tomorrow.

Why? It happened today. Its a tragic event like what happened in Boston. I find it offensive to say wait until tomorrow. It deserves the same attention as anything else

1) Would this have been posted if the Boston bombing didn't happen? Nope
    2) That being said the article was only posted to make a point, which would have been better served tomorrow.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

And she likely never would have posted it on any other day....
    You can be offended. I still say the OP's post is ill timed and speaks volumes about her.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

I agree.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

You can be offended. I still say the OP's post is ill timed and speaks volumes about her.
    why? does it make you feel uncomfortable that whats happened in the OP will get maybe 5% of the press?
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

What the **** kind of thing is this to say ! ... people in iraq are just that same as people in the us !!!

what a ignorant **** !
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I am in agreement. It is offensive that we can't discuss/be upset about more than one bombing at the same time. Thanks for posting OP
  • babydiego87
    Options

What the **** kind of thing is this to say ! ... people in iraq are just that same as people in the us !!!

what a ignorant **** !
    lol... american tragedy >>>

didn't you know that?
  • TheWinman
    Options

why? does it make you feel uncomfortable that whats happened in the OP will get maybe 5% of the press?

Make a point another day! I'm not disagreeing with the point being made as it's very true.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

agreed. we are all adults here, a big event happens, why wait until the next day to discuss it? when 9/11 happen, did everyone wait until the next day to discuss it? better taste to wait until tomorrow? why, will what happen today be any better tomorrow? will the fatalities go away, will the injuries go away... will we all wake up to this being a bad dream? why wait until tomorrow? it happen today...
  • babydiego87
    Options
    sigh. i hope for a day when this isn't a common occurrence..anywhere.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    terrible and of course it would have come out of the BBC. Here in America our news is totally sanitized and American-centric. Not that the Boston bombing wasnt terrible, but theres other tragic events also going on in the world.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    are your numbers correct because 5 minutes ago it said 2 dead....
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Are you for real????
  • babydiego87
    Options
    are your numbers correct because 5 minutes ago it said 2 dead....
    exactly the OPs point.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't care where a victim lives, what their nationality is, or their religion, or even their politics. Killing innocent civilians is and always will be wrong. And sick. And sad. No need to wait until the next day, MFP is international.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

what a ignorant **** !
    Thanks for this. Your post is exactly why this thread is ill timed.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    beech bum - thanks for posting this. You are brave but tot totally right to show this
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    How is it in poor taste? I find it in poorer taste to suggest that these 31 not be remembered until tomorrow because the American tragedy is more important today
  • TheWinman
    Options
    Are you for real????

The bad taste is in the reason it was posted which was too only make a point. Yes, I get the point being made and I agree with it, just not the time to make that point.
This discussion has been closed.