Movies that made you feel awful

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The Lovely Bones. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Agreed. Totally effed up movie.

I completely agree and can Why would you come back from the dead, a. not stop the killer from dumping your body so he could get caught, b. come back just to have your first kiss. I mean couldn't you go hey stop that guy then have your kiss.

In the book she takes over someone's body and has sex. It's double WTF.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Repo Men
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    What dreams may come
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nowhere- not many people have seen it, but it was truly awful. Generation Doom was actually worse, I flat out walked out on that movie.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Any of the Saw movies. I've banned them from ever being shown in my home.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Yeah, I am with you on that. I've only seen it in bits and pieces and know that I have no interest in seeing those movies, whatsoever!
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    P.S. I Love You
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Seeing the title of this thread, I thought of Requiem for a Dream immediately, haha. That movie was... it was something, all right.

The Shining - I watched that one alone in the middle of the night... mistake!
    Bug - I saw this alone at the theater and felt uncomfortable for the rest of the evening
    I Am Legend - also saw this alone and was afraid of the dark for months
    127 Hours - ****ing intense, and based off a true story
    Hotel Rwanda - so, so sad and violent, and worse because it's real
    City of God - also very violent and sad because it's pretty true too
    A Clockwork Orange - the "singin in the rain" scene

But all of these were movies I enjoyed overall and have/would watch again.

Hell, even Dead Poets Society had me bawling when Neil shot himself. I felt empty inside after watching that, even though the rest of the movie is so inspirational and uplifting.

I would just like to thank the OP for starting such an interesting thread-- it's not often that you get to talk about movies that make you uncomfortable.

A Clockwork Orange...didn't even think of that one! Probably because I've blocked it...haha. I had to watch it as part of a book/movie report for grade 11. Why my teacher agreed to let me do my report on this book/movie still baffles me.

I would have to agree with you on Hotel Rwanda too! So sad...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Yeah, I am with you on that. I've only seen it in bits and pieces and know that I have no interest in seeing those movies, whatsoever!

lol - bits and pieces. See what you did there. :laugh:
  • audreys03
    audreys03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As a general rule I do not watch movies where the entire title isn in large red font. There are some exceptions of course :) My husband took me to see Mr. Brooks. I was so angry at him after that. It still bothers me.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I think the movie that made me feel the worst was 'Requiem for a Dream.' I was not okay for weeks after that movie.

The Last House on the Left- I nearly walked out. I can't handle rape scenes too well especially in this one where the victim was only 17 years old.
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The Hills Have Eyes (he rented the unrated version)
    Event Horizon (mom said hey, wanna go see a sci-fi movie? damn you, woman!)
    Nightmare on Elm Street or anything Freddy Krueger (I've seen it as an adult. Its corny. Still gives me nightmares.)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Schindler's List

Seven

Natural Born Killers

Silence of the Lambs (the only move that has ever given me a nightmare)
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The Crying Game...WTF!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... American or Swedish version?

The American version with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

I haven't seen that one yet. I saw the Swedish version before the American version came out. I heard the American version was graphic, but the Swedish version was pretty bad. I think I have been reluctant because in my mind Noomi Rapace will always be Lizbeth.

Noomi Rapace is a much better Lizbeth. I do like Daniel Craig as Mikael though.
  • stephy1824
    stephy1824 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Grave of the Fireflies

This ^^^^^ I couldn't stop crying!!!

Also....aftershock :(
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Last House on the Left
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Both had viciously-accurate rape scenes. I had to shut my eyes or fast forward through those parts. I've never been assaulted before, but those scenes just seemed so realistic.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... American or Swedish version?

The American version with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

I haven't seen that one yet. I saw the Swedish version before the American version came out. I heard the American version was graphic, but the Swedish version was pretty bad. I think I have been reluctant because in my mind Noomi Rapace will always be Lizbeth.

Noomi Rapace is a much better Lizbeth. I do like Daniel Craig as Mikael though.

I like Daniel Craig too. :grumble:
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My Sister's Keeper. That was so emotionally and psychologically draining. I feel like it killed my soul a little.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    THE COVE!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cove_(film)
    Horrible have no respect for people that make a living out of that stuff.
    Sickening.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I think the movie that made me feel the worst was 'Requiem for a Dream.' I was not okay for weeks after that movie.

Mine is the same as yours! This movie is truly awful! Scarred for life. I just sat staring at the screen and crying for like an hour when it was over.