Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Maybe a smaller weapon that will be easier to carry might work better?
    tiny-gun-2.jpg

Couldn't resist! :laugh:

In all seriousness, this is a real weapon!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_mini_gun
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am permitted to conceal, but we ARE allowed to open carry where I live. Either or would work. I never thought of a fanny pack holster.

And yes folks, I am trained, it's not my first rodeo. And it is "secured" when I run.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A great friend of mine who lives in Texas, in a rural area, where she runs long distances...like 15 milers...she has carried hers..not sure of holster. Usually she carries a powerful pepper spray though. She has been attacked by random dogs on 2 occasions. One resulting in a bad bite. The last one she sprayed. A woman running alone should be allowed to protect herself. Pepper spray won't stop every thing...
  • phangirl8
    phangirl8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I run with a gun in each hand and a serious look on my face.

21375941-21375943-large.jpg

*Not really, I live in England. I don't even own a gun :laugh:
  • devilwhiterose
    Options
    tiny-gun-2.jpg

That's awesome. :laugh:
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When you get abducted while running because you tried to pepper spray your attacker and he proceeded to attack you, let us know...
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if it's rural. Someone said something about a deer mugging...funny. I know when I lived way out in the boonies, there were people around trying to steal gasoline, and also anhydrous ammonia from farmers so they could go make meth. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't want to be running in the dark and come up on meth heads.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If you have a concealed carry permit, get the holster fanny pack and carry it there. Make sure you have the permit with you when you do. If you DO NOT have a permit, but your state allows open carry, I'd recommend a well fitted ankle holster, with padding.
  • ksb1957
    ksb1957 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Years ago I used to carry a shoulder holster...maybe you could look into something like that? I"m sure if you look on line the possibilities are endless.......and alot of new stuff since I carried a shoulder holster. I also have a carry license......but don't run at nite........I too live in rural area........but I'm more concerned about coyotes, wild hogs and bob cats..........than people out in my end of the world...lol......good luck!
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I did a quick goggle search for "gun holsters for runners" and the first site was http://www.pistolwear.com/. Their holsters are $38-$42.

Hope this helps and stay safe.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ankle holster strap just ditch it if you get rolled up on by a cop, concealing at night while running wouldn't be my biggest concern.

I was assuming that the poster had a legal permit to carry concealed if one is necessary. Open carry is legal in my home state so I don't worry too much about it, but do keep my permit with me.

Frankly ditching a gun is probably more a crime than carry the gun, what if it ended up in the hands of the wrong person. Be responsible, carry legally please.

actually I live in an open carry state too, but I wasn't saying to leave the gun, just unstrap it toss it a few feet away then wait for the cop who if he stops is just checking on you, to drive away, retrieve and keep going, but you are probably right, the cop probably wouldn't even care if you have your permit on you.
  • Tomhoffman84
    Options
    Fully support you, I know some female runners who don't run trails if they are running alone, joggers and walkers are easy targets.

Even when I've been running on days the trails are empty, that thought exists in the back of my head, should someone decide they want my shoes/cell phone.

Stop giving her a hard time, its a personal choice, if you disagree, politely keep it to yourself and move on with your day.
  • devilwhiterose
    Options
    I saw a guy the other night run through my neighboorhood while carrying his gun in his hand. He was also carrying a bag of something, probably weights, over his shoulder.

So if you're just running with your gun in your waistband you're probably not working hard enough to get a good burn.

I had compression shorts that are still a tad too tight...it worked perfect. :tongue:
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    tiny-gun-2.jpg

That's awesome. :laugh:

No way. That's an invitation to a serious finger injury. Same with those Cricket guns. :huh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The fanny pack holster. My husband has one of these.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Couldn't you just run a little faster?:flowerforyou:
  • nharder1
    Options
    I have little tiny hands, I have a Diamond Back .38. Perfect little gun, looks like a baby Glock
  • nharder1
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

This is what I was thinking!
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy the other night run through my neighboorhood while carrying his gun in his hand. He was also carrying a bag of something, probably weights, over his shoulder.

So if you're just running with your gun in your waistband you're probably not working hard enough to get a good burn.

armed robbery anyone?
This discussion has been closed.