Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Well...my original OP was more of a "haha, It was so uncomfortable that I felt like just holding it." No...I wouldn't actually run with it in my hand waving it around like a lunatic. I can understand how that was taken out of context.

Also...I don't own a big dog, I have an old dog that can't run..and she would give me the sideeye if I asked her to get up from her spot on the couch. I'm not buying a new dog just to run with... I have no friends in the area to run with (since my closest is a single mom that has her son at 9pm...nor should I depend on her as a running buddy). My husband stays home because someone has to be home with the 3 kids...and I am not in the market to buy pepper spray, a taser, take kungfu, or anything else...as I already legally own, and am trained, with my personal firearm. Husband goes to the gym in the am and leaves for work before I get up with the kids. I work until 6:00-6:30pm...supper/kids, and then by 9-ish...I can do my workout. It works for us...and there isn't any other great time to get a run in.

BUT....I did get alot of really good comments and suggestions. I will look into wearing a fanny-type pack, an ankle holster, or shorts with a built-in holster. Thanks for the great tips and I saw that others were also looking for the same type of info so I hope I helped!
  • sck2008
    sck2008 Posts: 79
    Options
    Are people really going there about her carrying? Obviously if she carrying CONCEALED she has her CCW card and is a RESPONSIBLE gun owner. Get a life people....

In reply to your post, I would go with an ankle holster or a weapon fanny pack. :)
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is how you know the site you use is mainly used by Americans! Nothing wrong with it, just when i first read i automatically assumed this woman was from the UK and asking for advice on how to break the law!

I had the same thought. This will seem very odd to people from Canada and the UK.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you would be better off with a Caucasian Shepherd.

tumblr_lw8itjcPSQ1qfst7co1_400.jpg

Caucasian+Shepherd+Dog+28.jpg
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You know when the zombie apocalypse happens and she's the only one to be able to run and shoot you'll be wishing you had thought of this too. Oh wait it wont matter you'll be a rotting blood hungry corpse.

Good for you girl! I live in a rural area too and where there are coyotes there are mountain lions and bears. I wish I had eye hand coordination you can bet I would be carrying one.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    *than, then is for after "I want to go to the store, then to the mall :D
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Where do YOU put it??? I kept mine on my waistband at 8 o'clock (I'm a lefty) but I had to keep adjusting it as it was sliding around.

undertech_compression_short1sm.jpg

http://www.undertechundercover.com/
  • Westerngal88
    Options
    I have a belly band that I love to use. It holds my small gun pretty securely. You can find them online or at an army navy store.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Shoulder holster.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I run with a gun in each hand and a serious look on my face.

21375941-21375943-large.jpg

*Not really, I live in England. I don't even own a gun :laugh:

probably the best response yet

as far as a deer mugging, think of the benefits of carrying pepper spray.....you can season that sum***** right there. just think if they made MrsDash Lemon Pepper spray or a Honey Mustard Spray. id freaking invite deer to attack me
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a concealed carry belly band?

Nope. Last night was my first night-time run. I enjoyed it though, and want to continue...just looking for options on where to conceal.

May look into this too! Thanks
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Why concealed? Better if they know you're packing so you never have to shoot anybody.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Oh COME ON. Some people carry pepper spray, some people carry pocket knives, some people carry guns. Sheesh.

It's pitch-black out where I live. I know I'm not the only person that carries something.
    I carry a knife but if I had a conceal and carry I would carry. Sometimes we can't get out to run during the light hours and carrying something could be the difference between our life or being raped...or not. I am opting for the NOT! I support your decision and can't wait to hear the responses so when I do later (because I will) I will have some great ideas!
    We don't live in a world where a woman is safe out running at night by herself, city or rural! Good for you for taking control of your safety!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    are you for real ??

do you live in iran ???

Do you carry a jack and spare tire in your car? Do you live in Utopia?

To the OP. You dont owe any explanations for your personal decisions. Im glad you carry.

When seconds count, a policeman is only minutes away.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

tumblr_lw8itjcPSQ1qfst7co1_400.jpg

I dunno, I know some mean Labradoodles.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options

this dog looks like he needs to be on here lol (is that still body shaming? :bigsmile: )
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Only in the United States of America! ;)

This! So glad I live in Canada where I don't have to worry about encountering people carrying guns while just out and about.....
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    Since you live in a rural area I'm sure you could also run some very unfriendly wildlife like I have. Luckily I was with someone who had a gun or we would had both been hurt or killed by coyotes.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    You know when the zombie apocalypse happens and she's the only one to be able to run and shoot you'll be wishing you had thought of this too. Oh wait it wont matter you'll be a rotting blood hungry corpse.

Good for you girl! I live in a rural area too and where there are coyotes there are mountain lions and bears. I wish I had eye hand coordination you can bet I would be carrying one.
    Zombies are totally real.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

this dog looks like he needs to be on here lol (is that still body shaming? :bigsmile: )

He probably lifts.
This discussion has been closed.