Running at night with a concealed carry.

Options

Replies

• RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the carrying a gun on a night run in a rural area. If I was in good enough shape to run, and I ran at night, I would absolutely be carrying a pistol of some sort. I also live in a rural area, and it's not the people that I'm worried about. The fact that I've seen a mountain lion within an half mile of where I live. That is what worries me. That and the fact that there are large packs of coyotes, and the county that I live in is know for the wild hogs. People are the least of my concerns around here.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Murrica!
    **** YEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!!!!

LMAO My very first thought upon reading this thread.

I am sorry that you do not feel safe in your community.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I saw on Pinterest a pair of compression shorts with a holster. You might look into something like that. Also, I'm sure there are of concealed carry holsters that you might look into.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    rapewhistle_zps95168f53.jpg
    AWESOME!!!
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    They make compression shorts that have a holster built into them. I have a Glock 19 so it's way too big for me to carry on my person comfortably (bad foresight on my part) so if I'm running at night, I put it in my Camelback backpack.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the stats are on justifiable homicides/shootings. You always hear gun nuts saying how they need to carry guns but never hear much about them actually using them to protect themselves.

You'd have to ask the press/media about that.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Why concealed? Better if they know you're packing so you never have to shoot anybody.

Lol, you can tell we're from Philadelphia because I totally agree.
    If I was running around here at night, I would make sure people know not to mess with me.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Need it for what? A deer mugging? :huh:

Put your gun away before you hurt someone

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

Playing devil's advocate here...

Wasn't Trayvon Martin murdered by a responsible gun owner?

He didn't have ANY criminal record!

Travon Martin was not a victim of murder.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    One of the difficulties with carrying while running is that so much adrenalin is coursing through your body, you would not be able to hold the weapon still enough to get off a good shot. Also, if someone jumps out of a bush to tackle you, I doubt you'll be able to get to your gun, esp. if it's well-holstered, unless you are highly trained in fighting techniques. I don't see how a gun will really protect you from a mugging as you run. Pepper spray might be a better option - it's quicker, easier to conceal, and less risk the weapon will be taken from you in a mugging.
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Only in the United States of America! ;)

This! So glad I live in Canada where I don't have to worry about encountering people carrying guns while just out and about.....

Yeah right.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Assault Victims
    Can .... 2.3% .... US.... 1.2% .... **DOUBLE**
    Ranked 5th. 92% more than United States Ranked 11th.

Rape Victims Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Rape victims Can .... 0.8% .... US 0.4% .... **DOUBLE**
    Ranked 8th. 100% more than United States Ranked 13th.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Total crime victims Can....23.8%.... US.... 21.1%
    Ranked 7th. 13% more than United States Ranked 15th.

http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime

Seeing it's a topic about carrying guns wouldn't this stat from that site be more fitting? :huh:

Murders with firearms
    Canada -144 Ranked 9th
    USA - 9,369 Ranked 1st. 64 times more than Canada
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    haha I don't think liberals are going to come near this thread with a 10 foot pole. It fact I think they are all hiding in a cave right about now smoking a joint. I hope you didn't scare off 47% of the Americans on MyFitnessPal.

Is this all it takes to keep liberals away? :drinker:

said my bit , its like you re in the dark ages and just imagine putting a gun in the hands of someone who cant control their weight !!!!!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    OMG...WTF i totally want to stay in america - that is f***ing nuts =D =D =D
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

Yes because responsible, law-abiding gun owners are the ones hurting people ... :ohwell:

In case you're wondering, criminals love people who think like you.

Playing devil's advocate here...

Wasn't Trayvon Martin murdered by a responsible gun owner?

He didn't have ANY criminal record!

Not really. He was playing vigilante-- I know few who would consider that responsible.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ankle holster strap just ditch it if you get rolled up on by a cop, concealing at night while running wouldn't be my biggest concern.

Agree, use an ankle holster.

This country is not safe anymore people. With all these shootings and bombings and stabbings, I wouldn't go anywhere alone without protection.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Only in the United States of America! ;)

This! So glad I live in Canada where I don't have to worry about encountering people carrying guns while just out and about.....

Yeah right.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Assault Victims
    Can .... 2.3% .... US.... 1.2% .... **DOUBLE**
    Ranked 5th. 92% more than United States Ranked 11th.

Rape Victims Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Rape victims Can .... 0.8% .... US 0.4% .... **DOUBLE**
    Ranked 8th. 100% more than United States Ranked 13th.

Canada VS US Crime Stats
    Total crime victims Can....23.8%.... US.... 21.1%
    Ranked 7th. 13% more than United States Ranked 15th.

http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/Canada/United-States/Crime

I like that you left out the Murder with firearms, you know, the one that probably matters most here :p

Can : 144
    US : 9639
    64 times Can

But yeah, that doesn't matter :p

Why does it matter most here? Cuz you say it does or is there logic behind what you just stated? If so, explain how you arrived at your conclusion. I know, silly ole logic...but that is how I roll.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    haha I don't think liberals are going to come near this thread with a 10 foot pole. It fact I think they are all hiding in a cave right about now smoking a joint. I hope you didn't scare off 47% of the Americans on MyFitnessPal.

said my bit , its like you re in the dark ages and just imagine putting a gun in the hands of someone who cant control their weight !!!!!

i agree with the gun bit but the weight thing is unecessary.... keep it light, americans love their guns, they don't care about killing each other as long as they do it first, it wont change let it go
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    There are some awesome undershirt, compression shorts, and even bras that have built in holsters.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I didn't get why any woman would want to run @ 9:00 @ night alone in the pitch dark? I don't care what you're carrying with you for protection, common sense kicks in and it's just not the brightest of ideas, especially being that you think you need a gun to protect yourself. Sell the gun and buy a treadmill or rearrange your schedule so you can run at a time of day that makes more sense.

would you feel different if it was a man?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Hey some of us joint smoking social liberals are hanging out because not all of us believe that firearms are evil. I wouldn't want to be mauled by a rabid dog either or attacked by a mountain lion because her cubs were near either.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

Is this girl serious?? OP is PROTECTING HERSELF!

from WHO?? Bambi???????
This discussion has been closed.