Do I look like I need to lose weight?

Options
My husband automatically says what all husbands say...(at least the nice ones) "NO. You'e fine, babe, just the way you are."

I want an honest answer.

I have some pictures posted and they should be viewable...granted they're not the most body-concealing...I'm looking for honest (but kind and polite) feedback.

I'm 5'7", 142 lbs and a size 6 pant/dress and size small-medium top (depending on the store). Goal weight is 135, but sometimes it seems unattainable.

Look at my diary if you want. most days I'm under...lately I haven't been as good at logging at the end of the day because we have a new puppy in the house and I also work another part time job...

The feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• sclaibo
    sclaibo Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your body, then who cares what people think? Being happy and healthy is all that matters
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Do you want MY opinion? Cause my 2 cents don't really mean much. ;)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with your body, then who cares what people think? Being happy and healthy is all that matters

Well the main reason I joined was to try to get back to 135 lbs...I felt prettier at that weight and more comfortable in my own skin...I just haven't been able to get past 139 and I wasn't able to maintain that...I was starving when I was maintaining that weight.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    The above post is spot on. But if you place your self worth in others hands by asking their opinions, then here you go..............

You don't really look fat per say, but you could def use some lifting to gain some muscle mass and look like a super uber hottie.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Maybe I'll clarify...do I look overweight?

Since I put this weight on, I've FELT overweight...Just want to know if my perception is skewed or if other people see it too.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    figure out what your bodyfat% is and go from there. Maybe you would benefit from doing some heavy lifting in the gym. Concentrate on body composition rather than the number on the scale.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    The above post is spot on. But if you place youe self worth in others hands by asking their opinions, then here you go..............

You don't really look fat per say, but you could def use some lifting to gain some muscle mass and look like a super uber hottie.

I agree with the need to add weights. I've been adding more in lately but I know I can do better...I feel better after cardio than after weight lifting-but I know I need more resistance training/strength training to lean up a bit.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    You dont look overweight to me at all.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Since I put this weight on, I've FELT overweight...Just want to know if my perception is skewed or if other people see it too.

You look like you have a high percentage of body fat. I'll say that. Overweight? Probably not. A high percentage of body fat? Yes.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

You could use some lean muscle do it now as you get older you will appreciate it and guess what? If you choose to do so you get to eat more because you will need that fuel to make your muscles :drinker:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

No.

If you want to be smaller, pick up some weights. 135 is just a number. Focus on how you feel rather than what you weigh.
  • ochubbycheekso
    Options
    i honestly think you are fine as you are but thats just my opinion and im sure your husband is telling the truth and thinks you look great too
  • MSeel1984
    Options

You look like you have a high percentage of body fat. I'll say that. Overweight? Probably not. A high percentage of body fat? Yes.

Thank you! I've got such a hard time getting past the calorie aspect of things which is why I do SO MUCH cardio.

I know I'm not doing enough weight training...Next time at the gym I'll only do strength training instead of focusing on cardio so much.

Thank you for the frank and kind advice.
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is a loaded question. I'd suggest not looking at your pictures and try and figure out what you want out of your life. If 100 people tell you you don't need to lose weight, will you believe them or will it take 500 people, or more before you believe them. The issue isn't with your weight. It's about your self confidence, self-worth. No matter how many people tell you you are perfect you won't believe them. So stop. Spend time on figuring out who you are. You are way more than a number on a scale or my opinion of you. You are worth much more than the opinions of thousands of anonymous people on the Internet.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't look like you need to lose weight, and definitely not over-weight. That being said if you're not happy where you are then by all means, do what will make you feel better in your own skin!
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hon, I am shorter than you by 5 inches and I wear a size 6... I think you look great! :smile:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Do as you wish, but if I looked that good I'd call it goal.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i think you are the perfect size. However i think you would be happier with your body if you focused on strength training to give you that nice, tight, sculpted look.
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look like you could lose weight, not like you need to. You definitely don't look overweight. We're just random people sitting behind computer screens. If you're not happy, do something about it! I'm sure your husband isn't lying.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think you look great the way you are... But your dog should limit the Peanut Butter. :wink: Thanks for sharing your awesome pictures.