Do I look like I need to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful, healthy, and NO you don't look like you need to lose weight, because you also look rather slim and trim.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that our body stops building new bone after age 30. After then, we can only try to maintain the bone we have. So if this is true, then now is the time for you to get into some strength training to build up your bones to help prevent bone loss later in life. Your metabolism will also increase when you build some muscle mass. So go lift! and don't worry about the scale number!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful, healthy and happy!

I'll also add that I don't think you look like you have a high percentage of body fat, either (despite what another poster said). I think your body fat is likely in the healthy range. Maybe not lean like an athlete or a figure competitor, but healthy and normal.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    You look like you are at a perfectly healthy weight and body fat (I'd guess 25% which is perfectly healthy, not "high").

However, if you'd like to improve go for it. But starving and doing a lot of cardio probably isn't going to give you want you want. I'm guessing what you want is to lower your body fat while maintaining muscle, giving you a "toned", "lean" look? If this is what you want you need to get a good weight lifting program (New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women, Starting Strength or Strong Lifts 5x5). Calculate your TDEE. Eat 10-20% less than that. Slowly this will give you the results you want.
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    You are classically n naturally beautiful. Great waist line especially in that wedding gown. Im not being weird or hitting on you !!! But you really look healthy. Dont be obsessive about ur size. I let myself obsess and it spiraled in a bad way. Just stay healthy and eat and excersize in moderation. Journaling has helping keep me in check.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that our body stops building new bone after age 30. After then, we can only try to maintain the bone we have. So if this is true, then now is the time for you to get into some strength training to build up your bones to help prevent bone loss later in life. Your metabolism will also increase when you build some muscle mass. So go lift! and don't worry about the scale number!

What you say is very true...good point.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    No.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think you are absolutely adorable! If you're interested in weights, I suggest StrongLifts 5x5. Totally changed my body composition. I went from being skinny to being fit and healthy looking. I'm 5'6" and weigh 120 lbs, so 135 should be achievable for you. I eat about 2000 cals/day.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My dear - your stats are exactly like mine, except you're two inches taller than me. We both look fabulous and not anywhere near fat. :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I think you look very attractive. But more important is health and self image. As long as your goal is in a healthy range, then go for it. Just realize that most people will perceive you as slim already.

What you may find the end is a compromise--what is easily maintainable for you, plus something healthy, and something you like. You'll find the sweet spot! You may also find that as you get older your perception changes.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll clarify...do I look overweight?

Since I put this weight on, I've FELT overweight...Just want to know if my perception is skewed or if other people see it too.

You do not look overweight, nor are you by BMI standards. Your waist doesn't look big from what can be seen in the pics. Do you know your waist measurement or BF%?

My guess is that you are not overweight, you are just heavier than you've been in the past. I can relate. Unfortunately, most of us get used to the extra weight. Too used to it for our own good.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think u look great. Definitely not overweight. We can all use some toning up here and there, but you, my dear are not overweight.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it sounds like you have some serious self-esteem issues. You shouldn't be asking this online, if you feel bloated and terrible with your weight, eat healthier, if not keep doing what you are doing.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    No.

This! ^^^^

I think your hubby is just telling the truth, not being "nice"!
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Post a photo if you can handle honest opinions, mind you one persons fat is another persons skinny, its all about the eye of the beholder!

You cant really tell that much from stating your weight etc.

Regards
  • estellem75
    estellem75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my target weight is 150lbs so I think you look slim and healthy. I peeked at your food diary and you eat healthily. Don't obsess over a few pounds unless your normal clothes (not new ones) are getting too tight.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    figure out what your bodyfat% is and go from there. Maybe you would benefit from doing some heavy lifting in the gym. Concentrate on body composition rather than the number on the scale.

This. I think you'd look amazing with a little more definition. concentrate on that rather than the # on the scale
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I can't tell from the pictures on your profile. I would recommend posting fitness pictures if you want a true assessment!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    You definitely do not look overweight. Like another has said, you may have a higher body fat percentage, but you're not overweight. Keep in mine at 135 is a number. If you start lifting weight, you may get down to that weight, you may stay where you are now, you may even gain some weight, but you'll get more toned and defined and be a similar size to what you were before.
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My husband automatically says what all husbands say...(at least the nice ones) "NO. You'e fine, babe, just the way you are."

I want an honest answer.

I have some pictures posted and they should be viewable...granted they're not the most body-concealing...I'm looking for honest (but kind and polite) feedback.

I'm 5'7", 142 lbs and a size 6 pant/dress and size small-medium top (depending on the store). Goal weight is 135, but sometimes it seems unattainable.

Look at my diary if you want. most days I'm under...lately I haven't been as good at logging at the end of the day because we have a new puppy in the house and I also work another part time job...

The feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

5/7 142 pounds...you are basically at MY goal weight haha :) I looked at your pics & I don't think you look overweight at all. If you are doing lots of cardio & feel you are missing something, I agree with the others & would suggest trying weights...but looks wise, you look great!