Question for the ladies...

Options
13»

Replies

• sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm single currently but when I was dating the guys knew. HAHAHAHHA. I mean, I'm REALLY upfront about my weight and if somehow it came up in conversation (which as soon as they find out Im running and watching what I eat they want to know why and it leads to the weight loss discussion which leads to; oh come ON! You don't weigh that much! comment which leads to me revealing my weight).

I think there is a stigma that says women should never reveal their weight OR age but that's silly really. The 'mystique' of women isn't REALLY necessary to 'trap' a man... or to keep him interested, like the women before us believed. Heh.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ha... my fiance laughs at me when I'm standing on the Wii getting a lecture from the scale, so yep, he knows my "BMI" (not sure that figure is accurate on the Wii) and my weight.

...and hey, it's all good because I get to laugh at him when he gets the same lecture on the Wii!
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do your hubby or boyfriend know how much you weigh?

Yes my boyfriend knows it.. Actually since my tummy is too big to see the sliders of the scale he is the one who reads it while i stand on it. And i can say for myself i like that he knows it.. he sees my progress and can cheer for me.. and if i go up he can support and encourage me to make it better the next week. :)
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't, and I prefer to keep it that way. 8yrs ago when we started dating I weighed 20lbs less than him, now I weigh 12lbs more, even after I have lost 13lbs, and he has even gained around 20! I am sure he has a general idea, when I was in the hospital in 2006 I had to say my weight in front of him, and I am heavier now, so I am sure he has an idea.....if he even thinks about it, which I doubt he does. He says I am perfect the way I am!!! Silly man, I am 41lbs above my weight goal, and thats not even the range the world thinks I should weigh! However, if he asked I would tell truthfully.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Even still he tells me that would be too much weight to lose and I'm gonna look like a stick. He has some serious love goggles on.

Sounds like my husband! I love the 'love goggles'! That is great. Its great that our men love us the way we are. :)
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes. I told him. I think he was shocked:noway: We have a great relationship and a long marriage so it was o.k. I know he still loves me:heart: