Eating after 8 pm? Do you as I try not too?

Options
124»

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You don't stop digesting your food in your sleep and your metabolism keeps working while you're sleeping too. I stop eating when I hit my colorie goal, no matter what time that is. Studies show that meal timing has no bearing on weight loss.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat a minute after you go to sleep but any time before that is perfectly fine. Skip breakfast, eat at midnight, eat bacon if you like. Just make sure you're hitting your macros for the day (Carbs, protein, fat) and staying within your calorie goal. Nothing else really matters. Your body doesn't shut down when you sleep.

EDIT: Don't eat in the shower either. That makes your food soggy.

Perfect response. I agree completely
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Well when I am working days I don't eat dinner till 21:30 or 22:00, when I work nights I eat dinner at 17:00, when I'm off I usually eat dinner around 18:00.

I don't usually snack after my late meal but do on other days.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Why are some people hungry before bed? Don't they socialize during the day, haha? But seriously, why? If you work 9-5 and it's a preference to eat up until bedtime, what's the reasoning? Do you eat more frequently? Is part of it stress or boredom? What would happen if you didn't keep your mouth going? In the past people didn't snack. In say Europe people don't snack.

I eat more frequently. Smaller meals and snacks more often. Why? because I like snacking and because I have a problem with boredom "hunger." I learned that when I'm bored I feel the "need" to eat so I work snacks in to give me what I want. Planning to every three or so hours means that i know what I'm going to eat next so I'm not tempted by random junk food snacks.

I generally eat dinner at around 8:30 pm but I don't get to bed until around midnight (work full time and Grad school) so I have an evening snack of some sort during the gap between dinner and sleeping. I refuse to go to bed hunger - I won't sleep well if I do.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If I'm eating past 8pm, I'm eating past my calorie goal. I never have calories left, never. So for me, eating at night isn't a great thing!