Ladies Bra Sizes - How much have you lost?

Options

Replies

• vmart1989
    vmart1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went from a DD to a small C in 40 lbs...I am very afraid of the future... But its ok because I am meant to have small tatas.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    I am definitely a member of the "Itty Bitty Titty Committee" for sure now! I went from a "full" D to a "small" C. :tongue:
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    See this is where I'm weird... started as a 42C.... now I'm a 36D..... *shrugs*

It looks like you just lost from your rib cage and not the cup size. I am hoping that I lose both rib cage and some cup size as I really hate being a 42G.
  • ngressman
    Options
    I was a 36DD (maybe could've gone up a cup size, not sure, and one of my boobs is almost a cup bigger than the other), now I'm a 32DD which is damn near impossible to find anywhere but Victoria Secret, so I'm often buying 34Ds and hoping they don't stretch much!
    I feel your pain! Try finding a 28DD! Luckily a few shops have opened here in the past year.

Can't help with a 28DD, but Essential Bodywear has sizes from 32A-44H. They are high quality bras, and have a guarantee with them. They don't have DD, it's just an E. I used to sell them, and still like them. Just check out essentialbodywear.com.
  • ngressman
    Options
    Where do you ladies find your bras? I think the last I was fitted I was a F or something like that but can't ever find a bra that size so I shove them into the largest I can find which if I am lucky is a DDD. I am hoping that I will lose in that area so this will not continue to be a problem.:smile:

Mine are available either in expensive local specialty shops or online. Brands like Freya, Chantelle, Prima Donna, Ewa Michalak, and Curvy Kate carry my small band-big cup combination (28G...a little insane). Online shops like Bare Necessities, Figleaves, and Bravissimo are options if you're a crazy size like me.
    I thought a 42G was hard to find. A 42G sounds like it would be close to impossible. I buy mine online at essentialbodywear.com
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Still a 32B, and I'm happy about it.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    No, she did lose from her cup. A C cup on a 42 inch band is bigger than a D cup on a 36 inch band. Cup sizes change with the band size. A C cup isn't always a C cup and so on.
    See this is where I'm weird... started as a 42C.... now I'm a 36D..... *shrugs*

It looks like you just lost from your rib cage and not the cup size. I am hoping that I lose both rib cage and some cup size as I really hate being a 42G.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    went from 44DD to 40D so far hope not to lose to much more there....
  • Butterflyblue_
    Butterflyblue_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I went up from a 38B to a 36C quite strange
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    42DDD to a 36DD, but I'm starting to get sad about the boob loss. I never thought that would happen.
  • ngressman
    Options
    I have been very curious about this. I am a DD but would like to end up a full C. How do you know if they will shrink or not? Some ppl say they are the same,some bigger, some smaller. Is there ANY way to know this for certain.And what about a breast lift? Anyone doing that?
    Don't know if there is anyway to know what will happen to your boobs when you lose weight. For me as soon as I get down to my goal weight, I am having a breast lift and a tummy tuck and whatever else needs to be done. I never thought I would want it, but I am tired of my boobs sagging and my stomach has never looked the same since my c-section.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My details aren't necessary because my feeling on this is that I'd rather be slim with smaller boobs than fat with fat boobs. :smile:
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    tons last time i was a 42GG ( huge) when i was 16 stone i got married my wedding bra was 36E im now 14 stone and havent got measured yet ... when i lean forwards my boobs fall out lol ..im in kenya and its so difficult here and expensive back to the uk in june for a measure and a whole new set of bras =D yay!
  • Karadol
    Karadol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    At my biggest ( but also breast feeding 36 F at my smallest I was a 32C..... It's all been porpotional to my body though. I have a very small waist... I am over weight currently a 36d to dd ( 189 with a 33 waist.... My bottom half is what gives me trouble!)
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It has to be that as you loose weight your chest is lifted making them seem bigger and fuller. That's my assumption.
  • fordfalconz
    Options
    I was an 18D/DD six months ago Im now a 16 D
  • ahammer77
    ahammer77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions on where to buy larger sized bras. I'm glad to know I am not the only one our there with large boobs because sometimes it sure feels like I'm the only one.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    lost lots in the rib cage but not as much in the cup, still a C/D before was a D. So a little, more lost after nursing my daughter for 2.5 years more than anything. Need a perky bra now :-)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I went up from a 38B to a 36C quite strange

That's not strange at all. You lost weight in the ribcage, but not the cup. Those are actually sister sizes. The volume of the cup is exactly the same in both bras.

So many women have the misconception that a B is always smaller than a C no matter what, but they are definitely NOT. The cup size is proportional to the band. A 32C is teeny tiny compared to a 36C, not just because the ribcage of the lady wearing the 36C is larger, but the cup size that corresponds to a 32C in a 36 band is an A cup. A 36A and a 32C have the same cup volume.

But this also goes to show that many women don't really know how to measure, and way too many of us are wearing the wrong size and don't even know it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    no idea.. there's some extra room there in the cups, guess I'm back to a full B then.

also, if you go down in band size shouldn't you go up a cup? O.o atleast I was always told that if you can't fit 32B then try 30C etc..

This is true depending on how and where from you lost the weight. If you lost weight around the ribcage but not across the bust, then the band goes down and the cup goes up because the cup size in a 32C is NOT the same cup size as a 34C. A lot of women don't realize this. However, when losing weight, it might come off the ribcage OR the bust, OR both, depending on the person. You just have to know how to measure!

And never ever EVER get measured at Victoria's Secret! Those jokers want me to wear a 36C. My ribcage measures 30 inches and my bust measures 36.5 inches. Clearly NOT a 36 band unless I wear the band across my boobs instead of under them, lol!!!

agrees with this ^^^^
    however it is impossible to get most women to understand that because they went from a 40DD to a 32DDD that their boobs did NOT get larger.

that said, looking at your previous post and your measurements, you should not wear a 34E in any brand, and probably should try a 30FF at some point.

Actually I tried those. The 30 band cuts off circulation. 32 is mostly what I wear, but I can wear some 34 bands. I try everything on before leaving the store. :flowerforyou: