What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Health #1. Working a desk job and being overweight/out of shape would take years off my life and the older I get the more I feel it creeping up.
  • isitsummer
    Options
    Want to be hot in my 40's!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I've had too many family, friends, and colleagues have heart attacks, be immobile, be sickly, or up and die becuase of their lack of health, stress from life, and such. Obivously, death is inevitble and certain aligments will come no matter what, but I am all about the quality of life I have until that time. It is important to me to be here for my wife and kids just as long as God see's fit to keep me on this earth.
  • lillady93
    lillady93 Posts: 18
    Options
    Getting married in September and I don't want my fiance to be embarrassed when I start walking down the aisle.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I was getting Electric Shock Like Migraines where it would shock my temple and it was mostly like when you went to try to go to sleep and it felt like you were falling when you were stationary when this would happen and then it would feel numb to touch and all around the bk of my head and one Dr thought it was Neuritis and I had nerve problems in my neck and another Dr thought it was a wierd kinda migraine. I had to take a big survey thing and see a Neurologist and they were pretty certain I was having a wierd kinda migraine so I was put on Gabapentin and Sumatriptan as needed which pretty much stopped the headaches but then I felt lack of energy super tired, hungry all the time and I gained like 45lbs in 3 months which is really common. My clothes were getting tight on me and it bothered me I wasn't about to go out and buy all new clothes so I talked to my Dr she tried switching it to Topomax cuz you can lose weight on that one but that one I had a really bad reaction to and I got a rash,throwing up,pretty much all that could go wrong with it...so then she switched it to Verapamil which I am on now and thats a wonder drug for me. I feel great,more energy, its actually a heart drug-blood pressure drug but it doesn't cause weight gain or loss and so now am just trying really hard to get bk down to the weight I was before I was on that other med and I would like to lose even a bit more than that. And also would like to just build more muscle and tone up more cuz my prior job I had done quite a bit of lifting at and I haven't been doing that kinda lifting for about a yr now and I feel alot more out of shape and so just wanna get more toned up and also lose the weight that one med had caused me to gain.
  • curlywurly1977
    curlywurly1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    - My Health
    - My Family - i do not want my kids to be ashamed of me and I want my husband to be proud of me (not that they have ever said they are not but I am ashamed of myself!)
    - Vanity - I WANT to look good, I want to look in the mirror and say "yeah your not bad you know" LOL
  • zdreamer
    zdreamer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Simple: More energy, better health.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    The little bones in my feet and ankles hate carrying this much weight around. And I'm sick of the clothes available in my size - mostly shapeless and often with big splashy prints. Yuck!
  • danamarieburton89
    danamarieburton89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I want to look at myself everyday and say..."WOW I look GREAT". lol...not only that, but I feel that a healthy lifestyle and a healthy life is a direct reflection of your own health.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    So I can live longer.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am moving to Tampa in the summer and want to look good for the beach. Plain and simple. :smile:
    Yours?
    actually , moving to miami... you know the home of "south beach"..
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    uhm...
    because I wanna look freaking hot.

that's the truth.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I got hit with an array of health issues back in Sept/Oct of 2012...I was basically heading towards being very sick in my 50s and 60s or worst case, just being dead. I've lost about 32 Lbs and I'm down to a healthy (but still on the high end of healthy) BF%. I've completely reversed my bad blood and I look and feel about 20 years younger than I did 6 months ago.

My first goal was just to get and be healthy...now that I've shed some fat my goals are centered more on my fitness goals and regaining at least some of what I used to have as a once upon a time athlete. Plus, now that I'm looking better, I want to look even better...and better...and better.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel sexy and hopefully through the journey become more confident.
  • StrongerKelly
    StrongerKelly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    uhm...
    because I wanna look freaking hot.

that's the truth.

Amen.

I want to be hot. I want to wear cute clothes. I want to make other gals jealous and make my husband even prouder to have me with him.
  • MotivatedinCalifornia
    Options
    I want to maintain good health. I want to set a good example for my kids. I want to be around to see my children mature and
    become adults, I want to see what path's they choose to follow in life. I want my husband to be proud of me. I want to be
    proud of me.
  • elsbbels
    elsbbels Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    cause I want to be the hot one.. and feel amazing about myself :love:
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I want to look amazing naked :)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Being able to do activities with my son and not have him tire me out!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of my ugly stomach...I would love to fit into jeans and not be uncomfortable.
    and the main reason, is health, my dad died when he was 46 and brother died at 41.(heart-attack and they weren't overweight either)..so I need to give my heart a fighting chance to be strong...