What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I want to spend a LONG fulfilling life with my wonderful husband (and look hot for him :wink: and only him! )!! I want to run and play with my 3 beautiful children and teach them how to live healthy! I want to be in control of my life not just let life happen to me! I am only gonna get older from here (I'm only 34), I don't want to wait til I'm older (when it will be much more difficult) to finally get healthy. I want to be the best me I can be! Good luck to all! :flowerforyou:
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    uhm...
    because I wanna look freaking hot.

that's the truth.

Amen.

I want to be hot. I want to wear cute clothes. I want to make other gals jealous and make my husband even prouder to have me with him.

^^ this. And I'm sick of being miserable every time I get dressed. :noway:
  • kxlly
    kxlly Posts: 21
    Options
    100% vanity--looking hot in a bikini, looking hot in sundresses, looking hot naked.
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I want to live life to the fullest. Be healthy and not living on HBP, Cholesterol Meds..(I am off all meds now). I was widowed at 45 and thought my life was over....I lost my husband to kidney cancer at 46. My children do not need to lose another parent anytime soon. I want to dance at my Grandsons weddings someday and the weight spells trouble as we age. I want to be the woman every man wants but none can have---my heart still belongs to my husband forever.:heart:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    For wanting to lose some more fat:
    Vanity
    Look good naked
    Feel more confident

For wanting to get in good cardio shape, and stronger:
    So I can mountain bike better,
    Snowboard better
    hike when I want
    Carry my kids around easier
    It's fun to get stronger.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Vanity, vanity and vanity

Oh, and to be healthy and etc.
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My true reason is because I'm tired of feeling fat, I want to feel good about me as well as look good... I also want to be around for and with my son he's 21 yrs old, so whenever he decides to have a family I want to be a Grandmother - who can play w/her Grandbabies and not feel and look helpless, you feel me!!!
  • midwesternwind
    midwesternwind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hate the way I look and to be honest I hate my double chin, I hate not being able to fit into cute clothes, to ride rides at amusement parks, I hate being laughed at and stared at. I want to find a husband one day and I know a lot of guys don't dig heavy set woman....seems like all of them in my town don't atleast.
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter 4 years ago and I want to lose all the baby fat she gave me.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i want to be in shape so running away from the police is easier....
  • sophiedalton22
    sophiedalton22 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I admit, to begin with i was like many others and wanting to look good. Now, i just want to get back on the track again and tear it up... I look at it now like this now.... if i am good to my body, and good to my mind, my body will me good to me. The shape i want to be in will come eventually. But thats a bonus to getting back into racing!!
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I had a full physical and my results were horrific. Since I've lost everything I wanted and more. Now, my true reason is pure vanity. I want to see what I look like covered in muscle instead of fat.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good, look good, have more energy and to live a longer healthier life with the love of my life
  • jumpingsparrow
    Options
    I like to be :smokin:
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A few reasons:
    1. I want to have better control over my fibromyalgia flares. Chronic pain sucks and is much worse when overweight. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired!
    2. I want to feel bad *kitten*. I have a long way to go but I'm determined. I remember in high school I was hot as hell. I wasn't just thin, I was strong. I miss that feeling.
    3. To shrink my boobs. I know this is weird, but mine are huge (especially since I'm breastfeeding.) It's very difficult to find a well fitted, supportive bra without forking over $150 for a single garment. I see so many beautiful, affordable bras in the stores and wish I could wear them without looking ridiculous.
  • maggiep51
    Options
    hi there! my reasons: health! well-being! I have lost 20 lbs. so far in my local hospitals "National Diabetes Prevention Program," which is exciting. our weekly class, which includes weigh-in and turning in a weekly food and exercise journal, will end in about four weeks. I am concerned about it ending, and am looking for a way to continue being accountable for my fat gram consumption, exercise, and calorie consumption. so I thought I would try this. My need to lose weight is quite serious, that's all I'm going to say, LOL!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Simply put...I want to lose weight, because I don't want to be fat.
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If I were to be perfectly honest, my main reason for wanting to lose weight is because I want to be able to walk around without a shirt on. I have pretty low self-esteem as a result of always being chunky, and I believe that If I can take that excuse away, I'll be able to look at myself more honestly.
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I want to walk beside my husband feel pride in that I am small not embarrassed that I weigh more than he does. He would never say anything but I know how I look. To not embarrass my sons and grandsons when we meet their friends.

To feel like having wild and crazy sex again:laugh:
  • MinnieLou92
    MinnieLou92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    To be objectified.

Haha that made me laugh :)

I want to feel confident, so that I can get my mind into a healthy place too! If I look good and feel like I am fit and strong, then I generally tend to be happier and a bit more carefree...young I suppose!