What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy and STRONG
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I want to be around to annoy people longer
  • jenbilly17
    Options
    I want to feel good about myself again and be ready for my swim suit not ready to hide behind my towel !
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I want to feel and look hot, for the first time in a long time.
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have never been bothered about my weight until this year.
    I booked my first girly holiday with my friends for October, they are all really skinny and then theres me. I want to look good on holiday and wear a bikini.
    I am also going to prom in May, I want to wear a nice dress and look good.
    I want to have a good change and a new start for university in September.
    I want to look in a mirror and not want to burst in to tears.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I really really miss running.....it is the closest I have gotten to the feeling of flight. If I only had wings :ohwell:
  • DWHSr
    DWHSr Posts: 5
    Options
    I am just tired of being "that guy". The one who is the biggest in the room, the one who has to struggle with their PT test, the one who has everyone look at him out the corner of their eye and say "is he in shape".
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    1- To be able to wear anything that I like. I have an amazing taste in fashion but none of it seems to come in my size!
    2- To be confident without "being fat" in the back of my mind all the time.
    3- To stop comparing myself to everyone- especially my in laws who are all extremely beautiful and fit.
    4- To look/feel sexy
    5- Yes it's last on my list but energy important to me as a mother.
  • Haiir0
    Haiir0 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    To hate myself a little less.
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Vanity-Is it bad that I secretly want to look more in shape then my husbands ex-wife?? LOL

But the number one reason is...so when I look in the mirror I am confident and happy about what I see,
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Vanity.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    Options
    Self approval? Not really sure It's like a fix, I'm an addict.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    To not feel trapped in my own body anymore and to not be the typical "fat American" when I move to Australia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,359 Member
    Options
    All my clothes were tight, even my knickers and my pyjama pants split! I wanted to hide when I went to a family party and I refused to wear fancy dress. I was aching in every limb and no bit of me was working right.
    I wanted to wear great clothes, not think 'that will look horrible on me' . Yes, clothes, at the time, were the real reason, but since I have lost 40 lbs I realise the health benefits have been outstanding. And I look great as well. I am wearing skinny jeans for the first time in 25 years. I am 63.
  • myb4242
    myb4242 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For my health .. I want to continue to age gracefully. Be able to move when I reach 65 -- in 4.5 years
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    The Truth?
    To stop feeling ashamed of what I did to my own body. :frown:
    I've treated it horribly, and it in turn, treated me horrible back. :embarassed:
    I was always tired, out of energy, and either sleeping or eating all the time in my past at 300+ pounds.
    One of my reaons to get in shape, is to be able to jump into my boyfriend's arms in the rain like they do in the movies and have him be able to twirl me around. :love:
    Another is to look amazing in my dream wedding dress! Hoping for a Jessica Rabbit figure, since I'm just a huge hourglass right now, I want to shrink it. :laugh:
    Another, to be able to live long enough to see not only my kids, but grandkids, and hopefully great grandkids grow-up.
    And ultimately, for my future, I'm 22 years young for crying out loud! I want to FEEL 22 years old and have FUN in life, to go dancing, hiking, running, swimming, jumping, camping with no worries if I'm fit enough for any of those activities. How could I have let it get this bad? I want to look sexy as heck, butt neekid, so I can go hours and hours with my boyfriend doing.. *ahem* certain activites... :blushing:
  • Gonewithdoubt_
    Gonewithdoubt_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stop getting called fat. Feel better about myself.
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    I am so afraid of diabetes and all the health problems that come with being over weight. Plus i want to spite all the people who have made fun of my weight :P
  • Kghaines
    Kghaines Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To glorify God with my body, not pride, envy, or gluttony...but so that I can be as effective for Him as possible! God's love is SOOO much deeper than the temporary comfort food gives me anyway!
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It started as vanity. I've always thought of myself as overweight (even when i wasn't!). I've said for years i was gonna lose weight and never did. A few years back i walked past a group of ppl who made a comment about how i was twice the size of the girl they were with. It upset me but not enough to make me do anything about it. I began last feb and have lost over 5 stone now. Now i keep up the exercise purely for fitness reasons.