What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    to look like my normal self again.
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    To look super hot in a bikini this summer!!
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    many reason

1. show others how great I can look

2.show MYSELF how great I can look

3. cute bathing suit

4. wear a form fitting dress

5. be healthy
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Probably equal parts vanity and health. I am watching my mother die slowly, because she has never properly taken care of her health, and it terrible. I niether want to go through that, nor do I want to put anybody else through it.

Also, I don't want to be the fat friend, the girl with the pretty face, the one who would look so great if she would just lose the weight. I'm tired of feeling like I have to settle, because no one worthwhile would have me because of my weight. I'm tired of feeling self-conscious all the time. I'm tired of feeling like all people see of me is my weight, and conversly being invisible because of it.

So...yeah.
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I want to be around for my kids. I would also like to have more energy which working night shift I do not have a lot of right now. Also it is partly vanity, I want to be able to wear cute clothes and not have to shop in the plus size section.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 38. I would like to get a good start to my 40's with some good habits. I look back and just eating whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted was not good. It is time to grow up and become responsible.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    I come from a *large* family, in more ways than one. xD I'd like to break the cycle. It's hard, seeing as there's years of bad habits I still need to work off, but I'm sticking to it so that I can (finally) be the skinny sister. & to (hopefully) inspire others to see that they can do it, too. No more excuses!
  • Victoria252012
    Options
    My True reasons forwanting to get in shape are to be healthy and slim, to get my ovulation back and to be able to start a family with my fiance.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Maximize my life expectancy
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Better clothes, to be proud of myself again and, hopefully, a better love life.
  • BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    To be a fit and healthy mom.
  • alsuna
    alsuna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    To have my ex drop dead of envy and self doubts when he sees me again in a month, when I go to pick up my stuff from his place.
  • cacleghorn
    cacleghorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I study Environmental Engineering. Being an overeater makes me feel like such a hypocrite when I spend all day thinking about preventing waste.
  • PrajnaFaux
    Options
    I have an eating disorder, and this is part of my recovery program. I'm working on relying on God to fill the emptiness inside, rather than food. I gave up sugar four months ago, but found I was compensating with other types of food. I'm using MFP as an accountability tool to help me be honest with myself and to avoid the cycle of overeating/undereating. It's also helping me find balance with food and exercise. I'm hoping to be able to start running again as well because I really miss it. It would be nice to be fit enough to do another half marathon while eating in a healthy manner.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good while naked. :drinker:

This!! Though I am sexy and I know it!!:blushing:
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked
  • Ginariffix
    Options
    Vanity. I really really want to feel confident when I go out. I want to stop feeling limited, and I want to be super strong. I want to spend my twenties the way I should have spent my teens.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    To be healthy. And also to look good.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of back and knee pain, looking terrible in photos, being too hot hot in the summertime, and breathing too hard when I walk up stairs, run or do other simple things.
    I want to be strong again.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I want to be the strongest version of myself. I was in a very bad car accident 4 years ago that has given me a plethora of health problems and at 20 years old I want to be the healthiest person I can be so that I don't look back on my life with regret at age 60 with arthritis or osteoporosis.