What is your TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• letthisbethebest22
    Options
    So that I can look amazing for a Bruno Mars concert coming up in the summer!
    And mexico vaca! And feel good about myself.
    That's the most important!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Initially the reason was extrinsic. Once I achieved my initial goal, I've stayed in shape since, so now it's more intrinsic. Being able to still physically play sports I enjoy keeps me going the most.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I used to be really fit and sporty when I was a kid so I want to be like that again.
    I want to be able to run 5k
    I'd like not to struggle to open jars (and seeing as I don't have a man around the house this can be a big issue lol)
    I'd also love to look good enough for a guy to actually tell me I look hot and maybe even ask me out.
    I'd like to fit back into some of the clothes I bought when I lost weight last year.
    I possibly have thyroid issues but I can usually keep the symptoms under control with a healthy diet and exercise so I'd like to try and avoid meds as long as possible
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've never felt like I was sexy or a girl guys wanted. And I want to be HOT when I get married and before I start having kids.
    are you kidding? coz in your profile pic, you look HOT!
  • norrishbex
    norrishbex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would say 60% vanity, 30% to be able to compete in my chosen sport better (being fit isn't necessary, but it helps) and 10% health.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    for me it started when i had lower backpain every morning so much that i was screaming in pain, and kept having a harder and harder time putting on shoes and socks i wore socks maybe once a month and it was a struggle to put them on. When i had to ask my boyfriend one day to help me put my socks on that was it for me! We went and got a crosstrainer and i went once again to the doctor to find out what was wrong with me (was only ovulating once a year and was growing a beard). Doc sugjested right away a low carb diet and found out i got insulin resistent pcos and a slow thyroid. I am on meds now lost 20 lbs since feb. and now i keep going to finally
    not feel ashamed anymore when i meet friends and family from my boyfriend.
    Be able to go in a regular store and find cloths that fit
    I dont ever want to be so big that i have to rely on others to get dressed and to wipe me
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I want to get in shape for energy! I feel that my energy levels have been way down recently. I am a teacher and I need the energy for my students. I also want to travel more in the near future, so I need the energy for that.
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Vanity, self esteem, being able to run around after my (3) boys as they grow & set a good example by being fearless ! ;-)
  • Stephanie_marquez
    Stephanie_marquez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1. I want to be able to wear a bikini and be confident
    2. I'm getting married next year and don't want to be flabby
    3. My family has a history of diabetes, so I want to prevent that as much as I can! My mom is in her 40s and she has diabetes.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    I want ABS. ^^V
  • shazskywalker
    Options
    I want to look good naked. Boyfriend says I do and I believe that he really thinks that, but I don't think so and I'd like to.
    I also have posture issues that I need to fix and I'd like to be stronger in general :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    To be able to escape zombies. The zombie Apocalypse is coming people! *cough* And look good naked.
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Firstly I want to improve my health. I had a kidney transplant 2 years ago and I want to prolong it as long as possible. I've also got heart failure - the left ventricle is weakened and I have a bit of a heart murmur. My resting pulse at the moment is between 90 and 105. I really want to bring this down as it is worrying me although my doctors don't seem too concerned.
    Secondly I want to feel comfortable in my skin and be slim and toned.
  • CandyAshes
    CandyAshes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My TRUE reasons for wanting to get in shape...
    - looking in the mirror, I want to be able to look at myself without being upset with my double chin, belly and rubbing thighs (my Grandma puts her hands on my face hinting at how chubby I've got, she doesn't have to say a thing for it to hurt)
    - my health (my mom was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, shes lost a lot of weight due to her thyroid, blood pressure and diabetes... i don't want to have to experience that)
    - clothing... I absolutely HATE shopping for clothing due to the fact that nothing ever fits me, I try on bigger sizes and then I get frustrated... rather go shopping for truck stuff or makeup.
    - adventures... I want to be able to hike this one trail that leads up to a glacier, just so I can see the view and do it without having to gasp for air. (My bf smokes and can breathe better than I can at the end of a hike)

Most of all, I want to do it for me, myself and I
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    To look good naked, and to stop comparing myself to my boyfriends perfectly-figured ex. I'm tired of comparing myself to her and feeling like a whale. It's a damn petty and silly reason i know, when i could put 'to be healthier' or 'to gain more confidence' but it's true.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    my mom passed away in july at the age of 45 to several health issues , and i knew if i havent change i would be able to see my 30th birthday . so life it self inspired me !
  • Caaja
    Caaja Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good while naked. :drinker:

ditto
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I had to type 2 diabetes, high heart rate and blood pressure. I was miserable, constantly either eating or sleeping, my fybromyalgia was horrendous. I had no life. I suddenly realised I wanted one and wanted to get my healthpproblems under control. Now I've reversed my Type 2 diabetes, my blood pressure and heart rate are excellent. Fybeomyalgia is still there but sooooooo much better than before

I'm less depressed, and doing what's best for me is finally following through in other areas. At 27 I'm finally standing my ground andfighting for my happiness instead of being walked all over, I'm a totally ddifferent person to whom I was. Still mild mannered, loving, kind, etc.. But I'm losing the bad qualities... Door mat, not doing what's right for me, allowing people to treat me badly etc.

There's no way I will go back to the old Zara psychologically or physically. Also don't p people around me doing what I was to myself at one time is a stark reminder to not go back there

Yes I'd like to feel prettier, feel sexy, look good etc, but there's so much more to it than that. I've gone from 301-209. Another 50/60 to go!

Zara
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I want what I had and didnt appreciate my sexy body back the wolf whistles when I walked down the street heads turning
    oh and good health and world peace lol
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I WAS obese. Now I'm not. MY reason for getting into the shape I am now is because I was fat. No other reason.