1 tsp Salt
    1 tsp Cumin
    1/2 tsp Paprika
    1/4 tsp, ground Oregano
    1/4 tsp Onion Powder
    1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
    1.5 tbsp Chili Powder
    6 serving (serving = 4 oz) Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
    6 serving (serving = 1 tortilla) La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb & Low Fat Tortillas
    2 serving (serving = 1/4 cup) Borden Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 serving (serving = 1 1/2 cups) Dole Shredded Lettuce
    1 cup, chopped or sliced Tomatoes

In a large non-stick pan, cook turkey meat on medium heat until brown. In a small bowl, mix together all the spices for the taco seasoning and add to turkey in the pan. Spoon turkey into your tortillas and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese!

* If you’d like your tacos to have a hard shell, place the tortillas in the oven so they drape from two bars of your oven rack. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown!

per 1 serving size (Recipe makes 6 servings)
    Calories 222 :: Calories from Fat 63
    Total Fat 7.00 :: 10.77%
    -Saturated Fat 2.25 :: 11.25%
    -Polyunsaturated Fat 0.22
    -Monounsaturated Fat 0.14
    Cholesterol 65.00 :: 21.67%
    Sodium 749.83 :: 31.24%
    Potassium 125.42
    Total Carbohydrate 13.48 :: 4.49%
    -Dietary Fiber 8.35 :: 33.40%
    -Sugars 1.19
    Protein 34.07
    Vitamin A 15.75% :: Vitamin C 9.17%
    Calcium 14.33% :: Iron 12.42%
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    chicken fajitas "lite" at el torito has around 500 cals. copy their ingredients at home.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This recipe is amazing! Bubble Up Enchilada Cassarole...

http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/recipe-makeover-bubble-up-enchilada.html

It's kinda an odd combo using refridgerator biscuits... but trust me the result is amazing! Only 307 Calroies for a pretty huge serving, and I like to top it off with a little fat free greek yogurt, avocado and salsa! The recipe calls for ground turkey, but you could probably sub out ground beef for a few extra calories. although... I honestly don't think your boyfriend will know the difference!
  • krislyn84
    krislyn84 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste has the BEST recipes. One of my favorites is the Cilantro Lime Shrimp. It is absolutely amazing and super easy to make!!! Add a little avocado, some black beans and a whole wheat tortilla and it's a super tasty meal!
  • KajunQtie
    KajunQtie Posts: 4
    Options
    That sounds really good! Thanks for sharing
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Leaner meats, no lard in your beans, reduce fat cheeses, higher fiber tortillas.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Taco "pizzas" really hit the spot for me. I use the La Banderita low cal/low carb wraps that are 50 calories each. Use taco sauce, taco seasoned meat, onions and light cheese. Delicious, simple and fits both Mexican and pizza cravings!

That does sound yummy!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I was Trisha Yearwood's cooking show and she was making Mexican food--she had a chicken tortilla lasagna that looked delish. I've been craving Mexican all week.
    Will make some dishes, so thanks for posting recipes.

We have lots of tomato plants--just wanting for the tomatoes to turn red--I plan on making my own salsa!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas;-)
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    SKINNYTASTE.COM...recipes that use lighter ingredients and taste delicious. The creator has a whole section on Mexican food and other Latin delicacies.

Cannot recommend skinnytaste.com more enough! my absolute favourite low calorie website and she really does have TONS of delicious south/central american recipes - my boyfriend hates low calorie foods yet he wolfs down these low calorie delicious meals and cannot tell the difference!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I make BBQ chicken in my crock pot (chicken breasts, bbq sauce of choice, chopped onion) and use it as the meat in my enchiladas. I mix it with fat free greek yogurt (2/3 meat, 1/3 yogurt) and spread it on high fiber tortillas on top of a layer of fat free refried beans. Sprinkle some cheese on it, roll it up and repeat until there are 8-10 in a 9x13 pan (my rolling skills vary). I pour enchilada sauce on top, sprinkle with cheese and black olives and bake at 350 until it's melty. I love the mix of BBQ with the red sauce.
  • walkee
    walkee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!! Loving me some mexican food!!
  • katrien_girl
    Options
    Bump