Questions for American folks...

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Some might surprise you. Like Harrisburg, PA, instead of Philadelphia.

I'm always shocked when people get the capital of New York correct :wink:

Albany!

:noway: :laugh: YAY!! Technically the 6th largest city in NY :P (NYC, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse, Albany)
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had to... States and capitals. I don't think they do it anymore.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I still remember the 50 States song I learned in 5th grade. The problem now is that, if I want to remember all of them, I have to sing it to myself and I feel like a dork. :laugh:

"fifty nifty united states from 13 original colonies" --- same one???

Shout 'em! Scout 'em! Tell all about 'em! One by one, 'til you've given a name to every state...in the USAAAAA.....
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I still remember the 50 States song I learned in 5th grade. The problem now is that, if I want to remember all of them, I have to sing it to myself and I feel like a dork. :laugh:

THIS! Me too! Haha!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    325 seconds, 46 perfect, and score of 90.1 with average error of 23 miles.

Weird, because I don't teach or study geography or maps that much. I did just to the earlier quiz, where you name the states and it fills them in, so maybe I'd been looking at it enough to have it fresh.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I know them.. and I knew all the capitals too.. but I can't for the life of me remember WHERE most states are! =p
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Aww I want to have a go at the USA states quiz, my iPad wont let me :laugh:
  • SailorJas
    SailorJas Posts: 25
    Options
    I knew all my States, and Capitals by fresh man year, and knew most of American History...Lol I knew so many State Capitals my Jr. soon the class just let me answer for them...until the teacher said I couldn't name off any more and have been to the following States. California (Live here haha) Oregon, Washington,and Washington DC Arizona, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana Colorado, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas, Nevada That's 14 States, and the Capital
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I know all the states and capitals as well as all the South American countries and their capitals. Aaaaannnnddd most former Soviet states and where they are located. Yeah, that's what I get for being a social science/political science major.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Alphabetical Order in grade school. My kids have a song CD that teaches all the States and Capitals. We sing them all the time :)
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i'm british too (now living in the use) and i couldn't even put the southern counties on the right side of a map...
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If you're ever bored, and want to practice, try this game. It can be challenging even for us Yanks ;-)
    http://www.addictinggames.com/puzzle-games/50states.jsp

Not so good at putting them where they go,,,
    38 perfect
    score:74.50
    79 miles
    310 sec
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I know them in alphabetical order. I don't think I know all the capitals to be honest. I never had to learn capitals in school.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I was in 3rd grade we had to learn them and say them in alphabetical order plus the Capitals.?.. LoL .... Then in high school we had to sing the alphabet in french and spanish to our teachers...
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    If you're ever bored, and want to practice, try this game. It can be challenging even for us Yanks ;-)

http://www.addictinggames.com/puzzle-games/50states.jsp
    If you're interested in foreigner stats:
    Score: 76.47
    Avg Error: 138 miles (haha, whoops)
    Time: 439 seconds

Being Australian, we only have 6 states and 2 territories to learn, so I like the challenge.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'm Dutch and I remember that in primary school we had a separate subject called "topography".
    We had to learn all the countries in the world + their capitals + main languages, all the US states + their capitals, all oceans and seas and all the provinces, rivers, lakes, highways and cities of our own country and of the EU countries.

No songs to help us though :(.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know them all, and have visited them all except one (Alaska).
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Of course !!!! And the capitals of each state.

Guess I'm totally baffled why someone wouldn't know about their country .......
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

I just did quiz 2. I got all except 4. I ran out of time because I was having trouble with the spelling on some of them.