Some people can be super negative when replying to posts...

Options
I just joined, and I'm liking it so far. But it seems quite a few people are really negative or even mean when replying to other peoples posts. I mean, if someone is asking a question it does no good to reply with a sarcastic comment that insults their intelligence... Just because something is easy for one person doesn't mean it is for another. Right? People ask questions to find answers, not to be ridiculed or insulted. Anyone noticed this???

Replies

• Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that with some but I wouldn't worry about it so much just stay focused on what you are doing.....if you'd like you can add me I love sarcasm!!!!!! :laugh:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    They're just trying to be cool on the interwebz. Ignore them.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just joined, and I'm liking it so far. But it seems quite a few people are really negative or even mean when replying to other peoples posts. I mean, if someone is asking a question it does no good to reply with a sarcastic comment that insults their intelligence... Just because something is easy for one person doesn't mean it is for another. Right? People ask questions to find answers, not to be ridiculed or insulted. Anyone noticed this???

Yes there are people like that here, but there are people like that everywhere. I'm sure in the "real" world, you, yourself are not 100% nice. Not being a *****, just stating a fact of life.

And sometimes if you look at some of the answers given, they aren't really all that rude, it's just that people don't want to hear the truth, they just want to hear what they want.
  • teena2421
    Options
    You're right.its hard enough to loose weight. We need encouragement.not negativity..
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just try to ignore them!! Some people are just plain jerks!!! :laugh:
    If you need a friend you can add me!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yup. I once got yelled at for 4 pages of responses...but I do not care. I needed to ask the question even if they thought it was stupid. I will never treat someone that way.
  • pollka
    pollka Posts: 1
    Options
    thats why this is my first post :) im just looking to keep track of what i eat. that being said i only read what others post and watch people reply.
  • emilylovesnsn
    Options
    totally:) .. if i see that on my newsfeed and im friends with the person i just unfriend them.. dont need people like that in your lifee;*
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have the greatest MFP friends there are, but I am rarely on the message board because of mean/negative people. This message board is not for the faint of heart! =)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I think there are two things everyone should do before they post:

1) It's ALWAYS a good idea for people to use the search feature to see if what they are going to post has been asked and answered. If you then continue with asking something that has been posted about many times, you can at least acknowledge that. For instance did you know this very topic is posted weekly, if not daily?

2) If you aren't really familiar, check the out the guidelines for posting. Lots and lots of people think they should be allowed to post about whatever because it's their opinion and whomever doesn't like it and go away -- that's not how it works.

I think as a general rule people need to cultivate friend's lists of people they trust and ask there first.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options

Yes there are people like that here, but there are people like that everywhere. I'm sure in the "real" world, you, yourself are not 100% nice. Not being a *****, just stating a fact of life.

And sometimes if you look at some of the answers given, they aren't really all that rude, it's just that people don't want to hear the truth, they just want to hear what they want.

Of course I'm not nice 100% of the time. But I sure don't go around putting people down on a site thats meant to support people. If someone is asking about how to increase their water intake because they don't like drinking water, a bunch of people responding with "grow the f up you big baby and drink it, just do it its not a big deal, get over it " etc is not going to help. OBVIOUSLY if they could just drink the water they wouldn't have posted asking for advice.
  • athyraslove
    Options
    I have the greatest MFP friends there are, but I am rarely on the message board because of mean/negative people. This message board is not for the faint of heart! =)

Haha maybe I should just stay off the boards. I'm "oversensitive" I've been told. Scuze me for having a heart and not wanting to take my personal frustrations out on strangers on the internet! XD
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    NO
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Most of the time people are kidding. They don't mean any harm. Personally, I enjoy a joke at my own expense, but I do realise that not everyone is like that.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    when people don't hear (or read) what they want to hear it can certainly come across as uber negative and un-helpful.

just sayin'
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options

So far I have noticed it only on some forums....
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Most of the time people are kidding. They don't mean any harm.
    I think this is true.

My personal rule is that if I wouldn't say it to someone's face, I don't say it on the Interwebz.
  • athyraslove
    Options
    I think there are two things everyone should do before they post:

1) It's ALWAYS a good idea for people to use the search feature to see if what they are going to post has been asked and answered. If you then continue with asking something that has been posted about many times, you can at least acknowledge that. For instance did you know this very topic is posted weekly, if not daily?

2) If you aren't really familiar, check the out the guidelines for posting. Lots and lots of people think they should be allowed to post about whatever because it's their opinion and whomever doesn't like it and go away -- that's not how it works.

I think as a general rule people need to cultivate friend's lists of people they trust and ask there first.

Nope, I def did not check before I posted, I will from now on! The only reason I was on the boards was to try to get friends to add. :)
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    when people don't hear (or read) what they want to hear it can certainly come across as uber negative and un-helpful.

just sayin'

There are also lots of douches posting on here. It's a mixture of both.

Just sayin'.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

just sayin'

There are also lots of douches posting on here. It's a mixture of both.

Just sayin'.

iseewutudidthere