Some people can be super negative when replying to posts...

Options

Replies

• mel3491
    mel3491 Posts: 31
    Options
    Agreed. To each their own opinion, but remember mom's advice 'if you don't have something nice to say..'
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Take for example the person who just called people lazy because they write in the forum for help instead of looking for help in old forum topics. So now we need to research before writing in our own forum?

Are you referring to me -- because I did suggest that ... the answer is and has always been YES. It's basic forum etiquette, if you are asking a general question that could be answered by a simple search -- yes, you should do that rather than ask. If you have a specific question about how something general applies to you, that's different -- but even so, your question can usually be answered by reading the replies to others.I don't know what you mean by "own forum" if you mean profile or blog -- you aren't bound by forum rules there. But the message boards are a collective and accessible to all members, so posting there is completely different.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Take for example the person who just called people lazy because they write in the forum for help instead of looking for help in old forum topics. So now we need to research before writing in our own forum?

So we should all take the time to answer you because you don't feel like taking the time to look it up for yourself. :huh:

And let's just ignore the fact that research leads to new information and go by the old information that comes up in searches.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Agreed. To each their own opinion, but remember mom's advice 'if you don't have something nice to say..'

say it behind the person's back?
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    My MFP life has become so much more peaceful since I discovered the ignore feature. Click the drop-down arrow next to the offender's user name, then choose "ignore user". Easy-peasy. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    See I didn't even know there was an ignore feature. Gosh I feel pretty dumb right now. Thanks again to everyone commenting, I get it now and will be sure to check into stuff before posting. I don't want to be one of the "annoying" people who repost things that have been asked a million times, this will be my last offense. (hopefully, lmao) Thanks for taking the time to show your side and opinions to us newbies, I appreciate it. And I do enjoy sarcasm. :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I love being on the boards. I ignore the negative and just respond. You see slot of the same questions but I think if you are annoyed by the post you should not answer.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    And let's just ignore the fact that research leads to new information and go by the old information that comes up in searches.

Asking people to tell you what to think is not research. Researching existing information is research.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My MFP life has become so much more peaceful since I discovered the ignore feature. Click the drop-down arrow next to the offender's user name, then choose "ignore user". Easy-peasy. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    See I didn't even know there was an ignore feature. Gosh I feel pretty dumb right now. Thanks again to everyone commenting, I get it now and will be sure to check into stuff before posting. I don't want to be one of the "annoying" people who repost things that have been asked a million times, this will be my last offense. (hopefully, lmao) Thanks for taking the time to show your side and opinions to us newbies, I appreciate it. And I do enjoy sarcasm. :)

Don't feel dumb.If your new to the site,then you don't know what the features are.And those who say someone is too lazy to use the search or feels compelled to answer rudely need to just remember,nobody is forcing you to answer anything.If they don't want to reply,they just don't have to.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

My mother never told me that, but it was in Bambi. Maybe I should genuflect to Walt Disney every time I keep my big mouth shut.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I noticed that most people are really positive.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options

You know, I disagree with you.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hear you 100%... Sometimes I can't believe the crap that some people will say...Aren't we supposed to be here to help each other?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

Positively.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I figure the people that post like douches are usually the ones that feel about 1" tall because of their life situation. Crappy job, crappy marriage, no money etc. People that are miserable need to be rude to feel better about themselves and they loooooooove the cheap thrill of other *kitten*' virtual backslapping. It's like "regular trolling" Just use the Ignore feature.

And this.

Displaced anger in a safe enviorment.Most of us will never meet so it's safe to mistreat people.Picked up on that fast.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options

Positively.

No, seriously, I question your lineage. This is an outrage.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

So we should all take the time to answer you because you don't feel like taking the time to look it up for yourself. :huh:

Yeah but there are a lot of things that are universal like "should I eat below 1,200" or "why I am not losing weight, I net 800 calories a day"? If OP was really curious to know if she was the only person who finds the forums to be super negative, a search of the forums will tell her that she is definitely not alone. There is not new info to add here. I am not saying OP is like the worst or anything -- she's new. But you are only new for so long. I am not being negative here AT ALL. Just saying that there actually ARE forum rules and they can be helpful if you want to avoid jerks.

And somebody really hit the nail on the head -- a lot of the negativity are friends joking.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Are anyone's breasts shrinking as they lose weight?
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

You gain weight during TOM?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I hear you 100%... Sometimes I can't believe the crap that some people will say...Aren't we supposed to be here to help each other?

Actually, I think we are all here to help ourselves...just saying