Some people can be super negative when replying to posts...

Options

Replies

• Keebler1976
    Keebler1976 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I Think the majority of ppl here are trying to help, motivate, encourage each other. You'll get some negative comments from ppl no matter what message board you post on, it is the interweb, it happens..Keep focused surround yourself with positive ppl and you'll meet your goals..Cheers (add me if you want)
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    Another question then, to all you regular users...a big complaint seems to be that you guys hate answering the same questions, and repetitiveness. So, keeping that in mind, did all of you read the replies to my post before you replied? Because there seems to be quite a bit of repeptitive info. And if I'm not supposed to be allowed to ask a dumb question in the "introduce yourself" forum that has been beaten to death, why do some of you not go through and read allll the pages on this post so you don't repeat what someone else has already said? Or notice that 2 pages back I said I was sorry and now understood everything alot better? Seems like the same thing to me, but obviously I'm not the brightest crayon in the box or I wouldn't have been the OP. (Just figured out what that meant! See, never been on a forum, sorry for not knowing everything like all you glorious posters.) I do though, appreciate everyones input and comments. It's been entertaining as well as informative. :) (was this too god aweful long and filled with terrible spelling erros? That I do know, is yes. :P)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Is it honest or super negative?... Any post could be read either way.... The mood you are in determines what mood the post will be read.

Good Luck!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I just joined, and I'm liking it so far. But it seems quite a few people are really negative or even mean when replying to other peoples posts. I mean, if someone is asking a question it does no good to reply with a sarcastic comment that insults their intelligence... Just because something is easy for one person doesn't mean it is for another. Right? People ask questions to find answers, not to be ridiculed or insulted. Anyone noticed this???
    You are so right!! I hate to see smart *kitten* answers from people!! Everyone is on here for the same reasons, to learn, get support & help...not to be bashed! Thanks for posting this..I have even seen people post a long comment going on & on about how many people ask the same question (bashing them) but never use that energy to answer the dang question..

I think taking 5 seconds to research a topic oneself and actually reading a few great suggestions is NOT A BIG DEAL. I believe in using the tools at our fingertips first, then, if the answer can't be found through a forum search, ask folks.

People need to be a little more resourceful and proactive. Otherwise, it is laziness, in my opinion.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just joined, and I'm liking it so far. But it seems quite a few people are really negative or even mean when replying to other peoples posts. I mean, if someone is asking a question it does no good to reply with a sarcastic comment that insults their intelligence... Just because something is easy for one person doesn't mean it is for another. Right? People ask questions to find answers, not to be ridiculed or insulted. Anyone noticed this???

I believe a lot of people wouldn't be subjecting themselves to such negative posts if they only took the time to research and read posts similar to the one they're posting.

Having to answer the same question again and again tries the patience of many. Especially when the same stupid topics keep coming up after they've been beaten to death in the forums.
    I understand what you are saying but if people are tired of answering the same questions then move on and dont answer...it`s plenty of people willing to answer that are not tired of it. If someone is new and havent quite figured out the message board then they havent seen previous posts & threads yet..I did the same thing when I first started. Im glad to inform people of the 1200 calorie question that comes up all the time...if im tired then I dont answer & go to bed.
  • cindybpitts
    Options
    You are so right!! I hate to see smart *kitten* answers from people!! Everyone is on here for the same reasons, to learn, get support & help...not to be bashed! Thanks for posting this..I have even seen people post a long comment going on & on about how many people ask the same question (bashing them) but never use that energy to answer the dang question..

I think taking 5 seconds to research a topic oneself and actually reading a few great suggestions is NOT A BIG DEAL. I believe in using the tools at our fingertips first, then, if the answer can't be found through a forum search, ask folks.

People need to be a little more resourceful and proactive. Otherwise, it is laziness, in my opinion.
    Sure you can research it but sometimes it is a little more helpful from people who have been there & done it. That is just how I feel..everyone is different.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The thing that bothers me is that some people are geniunely looking for advice because they are new to weight loss and fitness and whatnot, and some people will reply with something completely ignorant. I admit, I do get tired of all the "I can't lose weight even though I am only eating 400 calories a day", however, I also know that in the past, I have eaten like this many, many times, but I now know better. I was in their shoes at one point, most of us probably were.
    One time I asked a question regarding eating and swallowing difficulties, and if anyone has had experience with this. Not looking for a diagnosis, just making conversation, and of course a bunch of people reply with snotty comments telling me to go to my doctor, etc etc. Not once did I say I needed medical advice, just asking if anyone else had experienced this. Its super irritating sometimes, but then, there are some pretty remarkable posts that can deserve a snotty reply. Some are pretty hilarious and entertaining too.
  • Leeann1979
    Options
    Also, who gives a crap if a topic is posted repeatedly. Don't read it if the topic looks like something that gets posted all the time. It really shouldn't bother people so much. There are millions of members on this site.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I think you should all repost the same topic everyday over and over so I can go in like a pro and tell you every answer you seek only being into my 3rd week. :laugh:

Last time I checked I never respond to a post That is repetitive I look for new ones or ones that want opinions. I am very good at giving opinions. I am sure if you go to my profile and read every single thread I have participated in you will probably think I am the biggest A hole on the site. Does that stop me? No Just a little FYI I happen to know what I am talking about atleast HALF the time :laugh:

Most importantly.........DONT post stupid POSTS!!!! If you do then be ready to be called stupid. If you dont know how to ask a question about a subject to get the answer you are seeking and it implies something totally different have an adult help you post. and last but not least........if you dont know for 100% what you are fixin' to throw out there like the wackadoo in the milk convo DONT SAY ANYTHING, that time could be better spent with you researching to make sure you arent talking out of your backside.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Another question then, to all you regular users...a big complaint seems to be that you guys hate answering the same questions, and repetitiveness. So, keeping that in mind, did all of you read the replies to my post before you replied? Because there seems to be quite a bit of repeptitive info. And if I'm not supposed to be allowed to ask a dumb question in the "introduce yourself" forum that has been beaten to death, why do some of you not go through and read allll the pages on this post so you don't repeat what someone else has already said? Or notice that 2 pages back I said I was sorry and now understood everything alot better? Seems like the same thing to me, but obviously I'm not the brightest crayon in the box or I wouldn't have been the OP. (Just figured out what that meant! See, never been on a forum, sorry for not knowing everything like all you glorious posters.) I do though, appreciate everyones input and comments. It's been entertaining as well as informative. :) (was this too god aweful long and filled with terrible spelling erros? That I do know, is yes. :P)

Sometimes when I browse with my phone, I can only access the first page. That said -- forums tend to happen quickly -- you will sometimes see that lots of people are posting at the same time. Other people just don't read all the responses, say what they want to avoid getting sucked into drama or because lazy.

Thing is, it's not that you can't ask -- I don't think anyone here is being mean to you or negative -- just giving info that will probably be helpful to you at some point. Once you post something, you basically lose ownership of it. I saw you post about getting it now a while back, I continued to talk to others about the topic because essentially what you have done is opened a particular dialog and invited people to talk about your topic. If you want it to be more focused, seriously, check out the groups.
  • Leeann1979
    Options
    when people don't hear (or read) what they want to hear it can certainly come across as uber negative and un-helpful.
    just sayin'
    There are also lots of douches posting on here. It's a mixture of both.
    Just sayin'.

Don't forget there's also a lot of people who perhaps aren't the brightest. It's kind of irritating so it's hard not to act like a douche sometimes. For example this is a website largely devoted to weight loss. Why oh why can people not learn the difference between LOSE and LOOSE. It's so friggin' simple.

And if I was a complete douche I'd have quoted from the person in this thread who doesn't know the difference...

Yes!! Loose and lose drives me insane. Two completely different words. Bugs me more than it should haha!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I hear you 100%... Sometimes I can't believe the crap that some people will say...Aren't we supposed to be here to help each other?

How do you "help" someone who insists that restricting their caloric intake to 1000 calories/day and exercises to burn 800 calories/day is a good, sound, healthy program of weight loss?
  • cindybpitts
    Options
    I hear you 100%... Sometimes I can't believe the crap that some people will say...Aren't we supposed to be here to help each other?

How do you "help" someone who insists that restricting their caloric intake to 1000 calories/day and exercises to burn 800 calories/day is a good, sound, healthy program of weight loss?
    All you can do is inform them of the right way..you cant help their decisions.
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love being on the boards. I ignore the negative and just respond. You see slot of the same questions but I think if you are annoyed by the post you should not answer

I AGREE!!!! I still don't know everything that's on here!!! That's what I don't understand....why do people have to be mean this is a place for encouragement and support...if its a topic that's was already discussed then don't respond!!! or if you do at least be encouraging. there are some of us who has just started and don't know all the in's and out's...( like me! ) just remember you were new at one time too.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    The only time I'm an outright jerk is when someone claims a myth to be true and refuses to see otherwise.

I.e. If you eat carbs after 5pm it will instantly be stored as fat, dietary fat makes you fat, anything to do with meal timing (excluding post work out meal), etc.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Support and motivation doesn't always mean "rainbows and butterflies". Sometimes people need to hear that THEY are responsible for their situation and THEY are the only ones who can do something about it. What irks me is numerous posters starting threads wanting to blame someone else for their condition. "He/She doesn't support my new lifestyle so I think I'll quit." Or just being lazy or impatient, "I've been at this two weeks and only lost 3 lbs., I think I'll quit." "I hate exercise, I think I'll quit.", "I can't stop eating sweets, I think I'll quit." etc., etc., etc. Those people need a kick in the butt...need to be told this is a long and difficult process, need a dose of reality. Sometimes the best thing that can be done is to drag those people to reality...sometimes kicking and screaming. jmho.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

All you can do is inform them of the right way..you cant help their decisions.

Yes, I agree. But many see that as "negativity" and not being supportive.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    there are no stupid questions.

just stupid people that didn't use google first.
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    P.S. You can always DELETE this post if you like!! good luck on your journey!!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I love being on the boards. I ignore the negative and just respond. You see slot of the same questions but I think if you are annoyed by the post you should not answer

I AGREE!!!! I still don't know everything that's on here!!! That's what I don't understand....why do people have to be mean this is a place for encouragement and support...if its a topic that's was already discussed then don't respond!!! or if you do at least be encouraging. there are some of us who has just started and don't know all the in's and out's...( like me! ) just remember you were new at one time too.

It is not rocket science, and some ppl need a good swift kick of truth. Is it worth being called a troll? yes Is it worth being called a bully? yes is it worth being called a fat shamer? yes Truth always wins with me I refuse to walk on egg shells so you dont break, grow some skin. I dont coddle my kids why the hell would I coddle a grown damn adult on a dieting website. If you are fll of excuses and blame you are gonna get ripped by me EVERY time. If you dont like it use the ignore button genii! Encouragement and "Oh its okay tomorrow is a new day" can only go so effin far. Be a real BFFF and tell them to stop making bad choices and get with it they arent fooling no one. Pfft everybody so worried about hurting feelings.