Lower Back Tattoos

Options
JavaSparrow
JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
Can they be cool/interesting/classy? Or are they always "tramp stamps"?

Personally I think it's unfortunate they get such a bad rap, since it's nice place for a tattoo.

But at the same time, I've never seen one in person that gave off a "classy" vibe...

What do you think?

Replies

• FearAndTrembling
    Options
    All tattoos are tacky imo. One of my pet peeves.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    I am a huge fan of tattoos period. I don't care where they are so long as they are well done and have some meaning.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i don't think most people get tattooed in order to come across as classy.

that said, my back is tattooed from my neck to my *kitten* and i am treated graciously and respectfully most everywhere i go.

obviously, i never go to garlicbutter's house. it's rather peevish there.
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

+1 Judgmental Point for you.
    LEVEL UP!
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well it depends. If the tattoo is nice and simple, then no problem for me. But if its one of those huge ones that cover your whole arm or hand or something, then I'd rather stick to simple tattoos.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone <3
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options

You know what else makes people look kind of trashy? Judgmental comments.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am personally a tattoo lover. However, I have yet to see a lower back tattoo/tramp stamp that I like. That said....I also have one myself and well......8 years later I think it looks quite trashy. I have seen really well done pieces, but they still just strike me as.....not the classiest of tattoos. Then again isn't the idea of a tattoo being classy a little backwards? :P Good point to bring up though OP!
  • JavaSparrow
    JavaSparrow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i don't think most people get tattooed in order to come across as classy.

That's true, I guess I'm asking more like, can a lower back tattoo be something other than what the stereotype is.
    I also mean more like if it's by itself, not connected to a larger back tattoo, or one that runs up the whole spine.
    (which would be cool and beautiful :p)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    One day, they will be known as "Granny Stamps", which will make them seen wholesome. I think they are sexy.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love well drawn tattoos. A friend on mine has tattoos over different parts of her body, and not only were they absolutely beautiful, but every single tattoo had a special meaning to her.

Now my personal choice is, I would never get a tattoo. But I can defnitely appreciate them. In a way, a lower back tattoo can be sexy.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Trashy
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Never seen one that isn't trashy...
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I am forever trashy.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I have a lower back tattoo and it is, of course, interesting, artistic, meaningful and classy. :wink:

I don't think a lower back tattoo is inherently trampy. Totally depends on the design. And the woman.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

So I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. This is just her opinion, one that many people share. She shouldn't be criticized for it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have one and I like it.... that's all that really matters..... you should get your tattoo for you.... not for anyone else.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

LOVE. Thanks Luke!!!
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think lower back tattoos tend to look trashy not because of the tattoo but because of the kind of clothing that is often worn in order to show off that tattoo
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

So I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. This is just her opinion, one that many people share. She shouldn't be criticized for it.
    It was just an opinion, one that many people agree with, so why not?
    There is a difference between an opinion and saying someone looks trashy. I have 15 tattoos. I don't think I look trashy one bit and find this opion offensive.