Lower Back Tattoos

Options

Replies

• rachjenn
    rachjenn Posts: 87
    Options
    I love tattoos but don't have any. My boyfriend has got a few but they're all silly ones he got with his mates when he was in his teens :-) They make us laugh & I don't think they look trashy, although now they're nearly 10 years old they've turned into a grey colour rather than the original black.

My dad's got loads all over his arms & back. I don't even notice them anymore, although I know he regrets most. The ones he doesn't are mine and my mum's name on his arm, arhh :-)

I don't think the 'tramp stamp' is deserved to be honest - it can look really nice
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have one. Nobody can see it because I don't wear clothing that shows it off. It's a heart with a banner running through it that has my husband's name on it and he's the only one who can see it. If that makes me trampy, so be it.

I also have a butterfly tattoo on my shoulder that I've had for 30 years. Just got it recolored in November. I don't care if people see that and I do wear clothing that reveals it. It doesn't bother me either way. Though a lot of people who see it are surprised that I have a tattoo because I apparently put out the wholesome girl next door vibe.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I have one on my penis that says Tiny.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think all tattoos are eyesores. They make attractive people look kind of trashy. Just my humble opinion.

+1 Judgmental Point for you.
    LEVEL UP!
    How is that judgmental? I said it makes people LOOK trashy. Nit that tattoos MAKE them trashy. There is a difference. Also, it is called an opinion. Let me guess, it's okay to think it but not okay to say it if you don't agree. LOL.....
  • bubba42511
    Options
    God Bless all the tramp stamps. I love them ladies and keep them coming.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    This thread makes me angry :explode:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Posting this so my friends can see my real response....
  • NutellaAddict
    Options

Why? Do you have a target tat?
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I read a nice article about laser tattoo removal that had an interview with a dermatologist. He mentioned his favorite regret story was of an older lady who had a tattoo on her lower abdomen. It had an arrow pointing down and the words "DINNER IS SERVED".
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I never understood why someone wants to look like a walking comic book.

Not a fan of any tattoos.

My opinion, and I respect other's opinions as well.
  • NutellaAddict
    Options

I read a nice article about laser tattoo removal that had an interview with a dermatologist. He mentioned his favorite regret story was of an older lady who had a tattoo on her lower abdomen. It had an arrow pointing down and the words "DINNER IS SERVED".

I actually have one above mine which means "to give love." No joke.
  • ChiefsChick4Life
    Options
    It's all a matter of opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. They are like @ssholes, everyone's got one. I have 7 tattoos including my eyeliner, but they are all hidden if I want them to be, so I like tattoos but since they can be frowned upon, I put them in places that can be covered up (for like an interview and such). I have the "tramp stamp" back before it was called that, and it has meaning to me, so I don't really care what anyone thinks.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have seen some lovely tattoos that I wouldn't have minded having myself (except I'm way too indecisive to put permanent art of any kind on my carcass). Most that I've seen don't move me either way, and some (anything cleverly using the bellybutton to portray an arsehole for example) that just make me shake my head.

The location of the tattoo (other than the bellybutton-t-arsehole bit) means nothing at all to me as far as whether I think it's tasteful, though.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    Tattoo's are NOT trashy, at all. Tattoo's are a form of art. If it was a picture drawn on a piece of paper or a painting it wouldn't be trashy, JUST because it's on your skin, it's trashy? How that works, I don't know.

"The only difference between tattooed people and non tattooed is tattooed people don't care if your not tattooed."

Tattooing is an odd and beautiful form of art; very interesting and more expressive sentiment than any other thing. It is more fascinating than costly jewelry and can't be lost, stolen or borrowed. It is a memento we can keep through life and retain after death.
  • bumblebums
    Options

No point in getting angry. In about 10 years, it will be impossible to discriminate in hiring or make fun of people's tattoos--the trend is just not going away. Forty-somethings have tribal tats, Chinese characters, arm sleeves from the 1990's. Nowadays, 20-year-olds like writing out quotes in black ink on their arms and torsos. Do we have a tattooed congressman or senator yet? If not, it's just a matter of time before we do. I am personally rooting for a woman senator with a tramp stamp--that would be awesome. Although we may already have one and just not know it.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

Why? Do you have a target tat?

Because people who don't have a tattoo CONSTANTLY label those who do... People who are tattooed never say anything bad about those who don't. :laugh:
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

No point in getting angry. In about 10 years, it will be impossible to discriminate in hiring or make fun of people's tattoos--the trend is just not going away. Forty-somethings have tribal tats, Chinese characters, arm sleeves from the 1990's. Nowadays, 20-year-olds like writing out quotes in black ink on their arms and torsos. Do we have a tattooed congressman or senator yet? If not, it's just a matter of time before we do. I am personally rooting for a woman senator with a tramp stamp--that would be awesome. Although we may already have one and just not know it.

I sure hope it will be impossible to discriminate against those with tattoo's. The percentage of people with tattoo's is probably higher than those without x
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love all my tattoo :) I even have a "tramp stamp" not a lower back one tho..... wouldnt change any, mine were all done by very good artists and I think that make a difference in it. If you pay cheap it looks cheap ((most of the time))
  • bumblebums
    Options
    I never understood why someone wants to look like a walking comic book.

Not a fan of any tattoos.

My opinion, and I respect other's opinions as well.

The reason you do not understand, sir, is probably related to your age.

When my generation retires, there is going to be a lot of inked, pierced saggy skin on display in Florida.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think it will forever be known as a tramp stamp but it really depends on you and why you got it. I have one and it has a story behind it. I wouldn't change it for anything.