Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

I read the whole thread and this is still the winner for me...it's just so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Definitely the winner. Kinda craving bees and hair now though. Just say'n
  • jxchambe
    jxchambe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A few years ago a friend and I were at a long john silvers when this guy that was there went to the front and started yelling that he found a tooth in his food....a human tooth to be exact. He was irate towards the teenager working the register and going off about a human tooth being in his fish. All she could say is "sir, maybe its your tooth" to which he said "I THINK I WOULD KNOW IF IT WAS MY TOOTH...........nevermind........its my tooth". LOL
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This page is now being bookmarked for whenever I want to eat anything bad...

Worst thing I found was a lumpy raisin thing in my toffee yogurt. Hair in some pancakes... nothing like a bug!

I used to work in McDonalds, and some greasy teenager was trying to claim that there was a black hair in the bottom of his McFlurry. I knew that he was trying it on (he had a spoonful left) and told him that I would not refund it as I was the only person serving from the counter and I have red hair.

He huffed off when the manager told him the same thing... he was blatantly just trying it on to see if he could get some freebies!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    This page is now being bookmarked for whenever I want to eat anything bad...

Worst thing I found was a lumpy raisin thing in my toffee yogurt. Hair in some pancakes... nothing like a bug!

I used to work in McDonalds, and some greasy teenager was trying to claim that there was a black hair in the bottom of his McFlurry. I knew that he was trying it on (he had a spoonful left) and told him that I would not refund it as I was the only person serving from the counter and I have red hair.

He huffed off when the manager told him the same thing... he was blatantly just trying it on to see if he could get some freebies!

LOL, this reminds me of the time my husband and I were served a rack of ribs with the longest, gnarliest black hair I've ever seen draped across the top like a garnish. When we asked for a new one the manager came out and told us no one working had long black hair while eyeballing us suspiciously. I'm blond and my husband is a redhead. I guess he thought we carry hair around to restaurants?!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Should not have read this while eating. YUCK.

I found a spider in a prepared salad once at the college cafeteria. They gave me a new one, but I was pretty much done after that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

I read the whole thread and this is still the winner for me...it's just so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Definitely the winner. Kinda craving bees and hair now though. Just say'n

:smile:
  • meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    MY ELDERLY NEIGHBOR HAD GLASS FRAGMENTS (ALOT OF BIG PIECES) IN A NAME BRAND OF PEANUT BUTTER. IT CUT HER MOUTH AND ALL SHE GOT WAS FREE COUPONS ALSO. ITS NOT JUST THE SMALL CHEAP COMPANIES.......... :( SADLY
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    One time in a Lunchable meal I found a shard of bone in one of the turkey pieces. I wrote to the people who make them and they sent me a coupon for a free Lunchable. I'm glad it was me though and not some young kid who might've just eaten it.

And then once at Olive Garden I saw something in my pasta that I thought was a big gooey piece of mozzarella - nope, it was paper. It was one of the tickets they put up to let the kitchen staff know about orders (they've since gone electronic) - I let the waitress know who told the manager. The manager thanked me for being nice about it and comped my meal.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My daughter bought a bag of Baked Lay's potato chips in the lunch line at school last year. There was a hair in the bag. It was baked right in. It connected 2 chips together. She brought the bag home and we called the company. We had to mail them the bag with the chips (I don't know why because I'm sure they were crumbled to dust by the time they got there) and then they mailed us coupons for free chips.
  • Dreamyriver
    Dreamyriver Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'd just finished drinking a cup of tea (made at home) - fortunately I never drink all of it (too many memories of getting a mouthful of loose tea when I was a child)

Handed the cup to Middlechild to take away, noticed something floating in the cup...

a huge dead spider. AND IT WAS MISSING A LEG.

If I only knew how to post photos, I'd show ya.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we forgot a SEALED package of lunch ham (Oscar Mayer or similar) in a cooler and put the cooler away. Some few weeks later we opened the cooler and found the SEALED, UNOPENED package in it.

It was by then a sealed plastic ball of tapeworms.

It's been 16 years and I still can't touch precooked ham.

This is THE grossest thing ever. WIN for the gross award. :sick:
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Uh... I am eating a smart ones at my desk in my office when I crunch down on something hard. I spit it out to find a pebble. A 4mm x 3mm pebble (not quite 1/4 inch x 1/8 inch). And yes - I measured it. LOL. I'm not so much disgusted as I am appauled. How the hell does a rock get into a frozen meal???

I DID call the Smart Ones/Heinz North America customer services number on the box and they were apologetic, and they took some info and want me to mail it into them. They are sending me a postage paid envelope and coupons for "free" products to try to make it up to me

So - I'm wondering what strange things have you found in your food? And what happened when/if you addressed it?

Did your meal have beans in it, perchance? It seems it's highly more likely to find pebbles in food when beans are involved, something about the preparation of them. My friend also found a pebble in his food when eating a burrito at Chipotle.