whats a great 0 calorie drink you found?

Options

Replies

• ddarold
    ddarold Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been using True Lemon Lemonade. It is sweetened with Stevia instead of aspartame. it is very sweet so I don't use the whole packet.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Uhm..... Water.
  • bextalee
    bextalee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    coconut water is really low in calories, 1 cup is about 46 calories plus it hydrates you!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Water .... it's AMAZING! :wink:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    nothing butt w ater, a nd iced tea . and coffee is close yto 0 almost all th e other 0 calerie drinks have fake sugar which is really bad
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Water
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I want something different then plain old water, I put ice that has either mint leaves or blueberries in it. Gives it some flavoring, some antioxidants, and low calories (whatever is in the blueberries), also I put a few drops of lemon juice in some. Hope this helps.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I've been using True Lemon Lemonade. It is sweetened with Stevia instead of aspartame. it is very sweet so I don't use the whole packet.

I LOVE the True Lemon Lemonade and the raspberry one also! I have the same problem about it being too sweet so I make a full pitcher...I use 5 packets and add water to fill up my pitcher and it's perfect! I'm sorry I can't remember the exact size, but it's one of those Pampered Chef pitchers with the stirer built in...it's the smaller one of the two they have. If I use it in a water bottle I use it with a 33.8 fl oz Smart Water and it's better that way too...not so sweet!

Edited to add: Forgot to mention I also like the Glaceau Vitamin Water Zeros too, but while they are zero calories zero sugar (sweetened with Truvia) and zero sodium they do add 4-5 carbs...so be warned if you are watching your carbs.
    I quit drinking all carbonated beverages and am not a coffee drinker or much of a tea drinker, so I usually have one in the morning because it has those Viatamin B's in it that give me a lil' morning boost like Caffeine used to do.
  • Grabbit5
    Grabbit5 Posts: 9
    Options
    water with apple slices and cinnamon sticks. yum.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I've recently become obsessed with soda or seltzer water. Plain, or with a little lime juice.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ice water with slices of lemon, orange or cucumber. I don't drink much else (except wine in the evenings.)
  • joannemgregory74
    Options
    Herbal teas or water for me.

Most 0 or low calorie drinks have Aspartame or other nasty artificial sweeteners that are SO bad for you.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sparkling ice, but yes the artificial sweeteners are something to be wary of. Plain water is the best!
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I drink water almost exclusively... HOWEVER, I sometimes crave a sweet drink. In those cases, I LOVE the Diet Lemonade from Chick fil A. It tastes so much like the regular lemonade that sometimes I wonder if they got it mixed up. It's not 0 cal, but it is only like 30 calories for a large.

I also have HATED diet soda my entire life, but people kept telling me to try Coke Zero. Yesterday, I was in a training session at work and was literally about to fall asleep. I knew I needed caffeine, but my caffeine of choice is Dr. Pepper which is 150 cals for a 12 oz serving. So, I decided to try the Coke Zero. It does not have nearly the horrible after taste as Diet Coke. I'll probably drink one again sometime.

Also, Red Diamond makes a Sugar Free Sweet Tea that is 0 calories. It's not as good as the regular sweet tea, but it's pretty good.

Now that I said all that, I will say I try to not to make any of these drinks a daily thing. I try to drink only water or skim milk. However, once every few days I like to have something sweet to drink without blowing my diet.

Hope this helps! :)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    water and tea , even coffee has almost zero if you use low fat milk or no milk at 15mls it's only 8 calories tops..
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone who said water. If I want sweet I add a chunk of pineapple or a strawberry to it.

OTher than some hot tea that's all I drink (or the occasional swig of milk out of the carton :laugh: )
  • SmilinLadybug
    SmilinLadybug Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually drink water....and for something different I will put some fruit in the water. I really like adding lemon, or lemon and strawberries!!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Herbal teas or water for me.

Most 0 or low calorie drinks have Aspartame or other nasty artificial sweeteners that are SO bad for you.

Thats not entirely true, they are better then having a pure sugar diet, the bad bit is they make u crave sweeter things it's not the aspartame that is the bad thing it's the concentration they make it in.

Equal/Splendor are good sweeteners they are only slightly sweeter then sugar and are 0 calories.

or better yet just use regular sugar in much smaller doses. the body needs sugar, fat and salt
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    Water! :) Also if I am in the need for something sweet I'll had a packet of crystal light PURE to my gallon of water so it's still pretty watered down
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Local craft brews not in MFP database = 0 calories. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.