Want to lose 14lbs in 4weeks :-/ any tips?

Options
Ok so :( like the title says I wanto lose roughly 14lbs in 4 weeks. Is this at all possible, and any tips to do this? Iv recently gained a bit of weight....4lbs in a week shocking stuff :-/ it's my own fault eating pure junk n too much of it!

So is it at all possible to get 14lbs off in a month or am I kidding myself. Maybe replacing meals with protein shakes? Iv never tried them before. I want to be fitter and healthier.

Any help ? Thanks ....

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    3.5lb per week, honestly ......I think you are kidding yourself. It might be possible if you were obese just starting out but otherwise I would say no. Nor is it healthy.

Getting fitter and healthier is not going to magically happen over 4 weeks.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Yup. Bad idea.
  • sarahshirah
    Options
    there is the "rice diet" i think thats what its called its been awhile 10 lbs in 3 days its rough though it tells u what to eat for what meal each day. i couldnt do it :(
  • mkuzyk1
    mkuzyk1 Posts: 2
    Options
    It is probably possible but would be unhealthy and not permanent.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh thought yed say that! I just need it gone gained so much weight since Xmas! What's a realistic goal
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I agree - bad idea. Why do you want to do it??
  • brinsy
    Options
    Rice diet? Must google it. Sounds interesting
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh thought yed say that! I just need it gone gained so much weight since Xmas! What's a realistic goal

1/2 to 1lb, don't bother with the "rice diet" or any other for that matter you will only lose water weight and once finished you will gain it straight back. Stop looking for a quick fix.
  • brinsy
    Options
    Holiday and my birthday,, that's the reason I want the weight gone plus I can't fit into any of the clothes I wore per Xmas it's shocking how fast the weight piled out...iv only myself to blame. I kept saying ill eat this today and start tomorrow ahhhh!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Xmas was almost four months ago - why do you want to lose it within a month if it took that long to gain it? 1-2lbs a week is realistic - and if that's all you need to lose, its more realistic to lose .5-1lbs a week...That way it should stay of and you won't gain it back within a month again....
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've lost 7lb in 4 weeks - that is way more realistic.

Start thinking about lifting weights, and doing exercise like the 30 Day Shred to change your body shape as well as drop some pounds!
  • brinsy
    Options
    Yeah have 30ds. Starting back tomorrow. And gonna try to walk 40 min walk a day. Eat just protein veg and fruit. Cut out the junk completely. I'm thinking all those weight loss supplements are no good..ill only end up losing weight from my purse!? ;)
  • brinsy
    Options

Xmas was almost four months ago - why do you want to lose it within a month if it took that long to gain it? 1-2lbs a week is realistic - and if that's all you need to lose, its more realistic to lose .5-1lbs a week...That way it should stay of and you won't gain it back within a month again....
    I know I'm probably been stupid
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    there's a saying 'moment on the lips, lifetime on the hips'

point is: it's easy to put weight on, much harder to lose it. a stone in a month is ridiculous and you're setting yourself up for a fall.

1 - 1/2lbs per week is steady and attainable with a sensible calorie deficit and exercise.
  • brinsy
    Options
    there's a saying 'moment on the lips, lifetime on the hips'

point is: it's easy to put weight on, much harder to lose it. a stone in a month is ridiculous and you're setting yourself up for a fall.

1 - 1/2lbs per week is steady and attainable with a sensible calorie deficit and exercise.

I never realised how quick it would add up though like4/5 pounds in a week...so wrong!!! How could I. So so easy to put it on. All ,y hard work from before Xmas gone!
  • happymom2013
    Options
    You can eat healthy foods:
    Lean Protein
    Vegetables
    Low-sugar fruits
    Natural carbs
    Probiotics
    Friendly fats

These foods work together to improve your digestion and metabolism.

Drinking water is vital for weight loss; so is drinking green tea.
  • brinsy
    Options
    Lean Protein
    Vegetables
    Low-sugar fruits
    Natural carbs
    Probiotics
    Friendly fats

Chocolates my problem especially the last week cut out all the crap and excess food from recent weeks and hope for the best I suppose :-/ what would friendly fats be
  • brinsy
    Options
    Going from my very high calorie intake of the last few weeks to 1200 calorie intake will that help shift the pounds quicker or does it make any major difference ?
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Lean Protein
    Vegetables
    Low-sugar fruits
    Natural carbs
    Probiotics
    Friendly fats

Eat healthier foods - yes
    Cut out the chocolate - yes
    Drink water - I never hit the 8 glasses and still lose
    Green tea?? I would wager that a significant number of people on MFP don't go near it, me included.

In short, make sensible choices to reduce your calorie intake and use the tools available to you.
  • brinsy
    Options
    Lean Protein
    Vegetables
    Low-sugar fruits
    Natural carbs
    Probiotics
    Friendly fats

Eat healthier foods - yes
    Cut out the chocolate - yes
    Drink water - I never hit the 8 glasses and still lose
    Green tea?? I would wager that a significant number of people on MFP don't go near it, me included.

In short, make sensible choices to reduce your calorie intake and use the tools available to you.
    I like green tea anyways I find it curbs my appetite. I try to drink roughly a litre of water a day ill increase that. Any tips to ward of the chocolate cravings in the beginning ? I would be a chocoholic !