Want to lose 14lbs in 4weeks :-/ any tips?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Military Diet. Its a three day diet. Follow it and it works! Just lost 7 pounds in 3 days!!

Don't do this OP. It's water, muscle, and a little fat. The water part will come right back, and the muscle part is very difficult to rebuild.
  • likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just start to watch what your eating right now... whatever you lose by then is positive.. Any loss is a good loss.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Military Diet. Its a three day diet. Follow it and it works! Just lost 7 pounds in 3 days!!

I suspect OP is trying to lose and keep off actual body fat, not lose almost no body fat, maybe some muscle, and a bunch of water weight.

If your "weight loss" isn't still lost in a few months, then it wasn't really the kind of weight loss 98.44% of the people here want.

ETA: Whoops...AAL said it before I did.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I suspect OP is trying to lose and keep off actual body fat, not lose almost no body fat, maybe some muscle, and a bunch of water weight.

If your "weight loss" isn't still lost in a few months, then it wasn't really the kind of weight loss 98.44% of the people here want.

Because I'm awesome. You forgot that part. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Because I'm awesome. You forgot that part. :flowerforyou:

I thought that was implied.

But yeah, you're right, I should have said it...

...but once again, you said it before I did...

...because you're awesome...

...(or at least fast)...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

It's called "instant gratification" and a bad case of the "I WANT IT NOW!!!"s. Most commonly found among the younger generation who have lost any and all ability to wait and/or work hard for their rewards. Common symptoms include, but are not limited to: whining, pleading, begging, eye rolling,

Hey I resemble that remark! How else am I to stay young? :laugh:
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My biggest loss in a month is 9 lb but I'm like a whale so but still that only puts me at a little over 2lb loss a week, which is what I'm trying for.
  • GiveTheGeniusACookie
    Options
    That's the bottom line I guess healthy eating..cut out all the junk.. Try drink 2 litres of water everyday, exercise everyday and 30ds. And see how much comes off

Actually thats just a guideline for success in order for it to work it will require self control, dedication, and accountability on your part. Good Luck!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    OP, this may get me crushed, but do a low carb day (under 100, try to do 50 g) for just one or two days to shed some water weight you may be storing from overdoing it on food,

TO SHED SOME WATER WEIGHT.... She wants to lose fat - not water and then gain it back when she eats a slice of bread again...... NO, not a good idea....
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I once lost 7 lbs and 8 ozs in 6 hours one day in July. Then, a few years later, I lost another 7 lbs 6 ozs in 6.5 hours one day in April.

That weight is STILL hanging around, but now those pounds have pretty much taken on lives of their own.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

OP, this may get me crushed, but do a low carb day (under 100, try to do 50 g) for just one or two days to shed some water weight you may be storing from overdoing it on food,
    TO SHED SOME WATER WEIGHT.... She wants to lose fat - not water and then gain it back when she eats a slice of bread again...... NO, not a good idea....

One day of low carb isn't going to kill her, and sometimes people benefit from seeing a scale drop to get them back in the game. Plus, overeating for a period of time can lead to some excess storage that might help her feel more comfortable in her own skin. If she doesn't want to do it, no big deal either. (It's not a magic trick, OP, that's why I specified water weight, it's not a trick to lose tons of fat or anything overnight. It does help me when I'm bloated.)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options

1200-1500 calories a day, to lose 2 pounds a week tops. That's not even that slow actually. That would be considered aggressive weight loss for most people. It would take you 7 weeks to lose the 14 pounds - that's only 3 weeks longer than you want now. AND you have much higher chances of keeping it off. :)

Will someone please tell me why, if this is the case, I have been stuck at my current weight, with some slight fluctuating (usually upwards), for about 11 weeks.
    I want to lose 10lb before the end of July and am despairing right now.
    I always eat less than 1500, usually just hit 1200, and am sick of not going down.
    And before someone suggests that I take measurements, they are not going down either.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options

1200-1500 calories a day, to lose 2 pounds a week tops. That's not even that slow actually. That would be considered aggressive weight loss for most people. It would take you 7 weeks to lose the 14 pounds - that's only 3 weeks longer than you want now. AND you have much higher chances of keeping it off. :)

Will someone please tell me why, if this is the case, I have been stuck at my current weight, with some slight fluctuating (usually upwards), for about 11 weeks.
    I want to lose 10lb before the end of July and am despairing right now.
    I always eat less than 1500, usually just hit 1200, and am sick of not going down.
    And before someone suggests that I take measurements, they are not going down either.
    Maybe you're not eating enough and have slowed down your metabolism
  • brinsy
    Options
    How to beat the healthy eatin headache?
  • brinsy
    Options
    My bodies craving junk though like chocolate or take away food.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    How to beat the healthy eatin headache?

You shouldn't have a headache. What's your calorie plan today? Make sure you eat enough. If you are trying the low carb and getting a headache, just stop, it's not worth it for you. You'll end up binging from the pain and desperation. Have you had enough fat today?
  • brinsy
    Options
    Today I'd whheetabix, oat crackers, small tin of tuna, mixed fruit salad, few slices of ham, veg soup, a chicken breast and tonight I had to have an aero hot chocolate. I know it's a mad mixture of everything
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ok so :( like the title says I wanto lose roughly 14lbs in 4 weeks. Is this at all possible, and any tips to do this? Iv recently gained a bit of weight....4lbs in a week shocking stuff :-/ it's my own fault eating pure junk n too much of it!

So is it at all possible to get 14lbs off in a month or am I kidding myself. Maybe replacing meals with protein shakes? Iv never tried them before. I want to be fitter and healthier.

Any help ? Thanks ....

Fasting, laxatives and diuretics will make you drop 14 lbs in the next 24 hrs but it will put your health in danger and you will most certainly gain some, if not all the wait back once you resume a normal life. Take your time and do it right.
  • marryBr
    marryBr Posts: 1
    Options
    It is probably possible but not recommended. you would need some weight loss products which are not usually good for health and won't let you to keep results http://www.pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/weight-loss-programs.html
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Today I'd whheetabix, oat crackers, small tin of tuna, mixed fruit salad, few slices of ham, veg soup, a chicken breast and tonight I had to have an aero hot chocolate. I know it's a mad mixture of everything

I'm a veggie, how much fat is in the meat? Do you usually drink caffeine?

If you got enough fat and aren't in caffeine withdrawal, I think you just have a headache unrelated to eating. :flowerforyou: