Want to lose 14lbs in 4weeks :-/ any tips?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Going from my very high calorie intake of the last few weeks to 1200 calorie intake will that help shift the pounds quicker or does it make any major difference ?
    why not use a legit calorie calculator and eating at a moderate deficit forever, instead of going form NOM ALL OF THE THINGS to EAT ALMOST NOTHING AND HATE LIFE?

Extremes are, well, ridiculous. If you want to be able to LOSE the weight and KEEP it off, figure out your BMR... eat at least that much... move some... more, etc.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

go there. do your thing.
  • brent_woods
    Options
    It is difficult to lose weight that quickly when you are near your ideal weight and not advised. Honestly, you do not look fat in your photo. Do it gradually at 1-2 lbs per week as recommended by this site. If you try a crash diet or any of the fad diets, you will likely lose lean muscle mass and gain body fat when you stop.

My recommendation is to eat the calories recommended, include all food groups, and combine it with weight training and cardio exercise.
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Going from my very high calorie intake of the last few weeks to 1200 calorie intake will that help shift the pounds quicker or does it make any major difference ?
    why not use a legit calorie calculator and eating at a moderate deficit forever, instead of going form NOM ALL OF THE THINGS to EAT ALMOST NOTHING AND HATE LIFE?

Extremes are, well, ridiculous. If you want to be able to LOSE the weight and KEEP it off, figure out your BMR... eat at least that much... move some... more, etc.

go there. do your thing.

I wish I'd a magic wand and could wake up in the morning with the weight gone. Eating healthy and cutting out the crap while exercising and eating enough calories
  • trogalicious
    Options

go there. do your thing.

I wish I'd a magic wand and could wake up in the morning with the weight gone. Eating healthy and cutting out the crap while exercising and eating enough calories

yeah, except that magic wand isn't going to happen. If it existed, this site wouldn't exist. So. Take the advice given, stop putting ridiculous goals and trying to stress your body to lose a lot of weight quickly... since it only took 4 months to put it on.

Seriously.

Go to the link I gave, be honest, put in your numbers. Eat at least your BMR. Don't just insta-jump into a mindset where you think you have to dive into a 1200 calorie hate-yourself diet.
  • brinsy
    Options
    It is difficult to lose weight that quickly when you are near your ideal weight and not advised. Honestly, you do not look fat in your photo. Do it gradually at 1-2 lbs per week as recommended by this site. If you try a crash diet or any of the fad diets, you will likely lose lean muscle mass and gain body fat when you stop.

My recommendation is to eat the calories recommended, include all food groups, and combine it with weight training and cardio exercise.

That pic is from pre Xmas before the weight pile on :( I know what everybody is saying though makes sense and is the sensible thing to do and I'd probably be right bak to the beginning again in two months if I crash diet like I'm planning
  • brinsy
    Options

go there. do your thing.

yeah, except that magic wand isn't going to happen. If it existed, this site wouldn't exist. So. Take the advice given, stop putting ridiculous goals and trying to stress your body to lose a lot of weight quickly... since it only took 4 months to put it on.

Seriously.

Go to the link I gave, be honest, put in your numbers. Eat at least your BMR. Don't just insta-jump into a mindset where you think you have to dive into a 1200 calorie hate-yourself diet.

By that site if I eat my bmr I will lose .7lbs a week... .7!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Almost a pound a week, and you're complaining? Seriously?
  • brinsy
    Options
    Half a pound a week...
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Half a pound a week...
    ....? I don't follow.
  • brinsy
    Options
    Seems like a weak troll.
    ?
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    3.5lb per week, honestly ......I think you are kidding yourself. It might be possible if you were obese just starting out but otherwise I would say no. Nor is it healthy.

Getting fitter and healthier is not going to magically happen over 4 weeks.

Absolutely agree! I started out weighing 290 and lost 14 pounds in the first 3 weeks. No way I could do that now!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    By that site if I eat my bmr I will lose .7lbs a week... .7!
    I'm reminded of what my aunt said to my mother when Mom was contemplating going back to school in her 40s...

Mom: But if I go to school now, I'll be 47 when I graduate in 4 years!

Aunt: And how old are you going to be in 4 years if you DON'T go to school?

Your choice. You can try one of the extreme methods of losing weight, give up because it's too ha-ard, or lose the weight and gain it back because you don't learn anything about healthy eating...or you can try losing it at a slower, more comfortable rate that you can stick with, and which is close enough to your maintenance calories that when you're done losing weight it's a painless transition to keeping at your new weight.

Losing slower isn't just easier to sustain without being hungry--sometimes feeling so deprived that you go on binges that undo days of "being good"--but it keeps your body, brain, hair, nails, and skin all healthier along the way, and won't lead to the loss of too much muscle tissue along with fat (something that often happens with crash diets).

Like I said, your choice. Say it takes you 4 or 5 months to take off the weight healthily. How much are you going to weigh in 4 or 5 months if you crash diet and fail?
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hon, don't do it. It's not healthy, and you won't be able to maintain it. Aim for a pound a week, no more than two. 14 pounds lost in three months is more realistic than in one month. And it will take some effort.
  • CoachTommyB
    Options
    I think its totall legit to lose 14 lbs in 4 weeks. You need a plan though, and you need to stick with it. Ive lost 30lbs in 2months, and i want another 15 in four weeks for my last weigh in. I have a 3 attack plan that has been working fantastic for me.
  • brinsy
    Options
    3.5lb per week, honestly ......I think you are kidding yourself. It might be possible if you were obese just starting out but otherwise I would say no. Nor is it healthy.

Getting fitter and healthier is not going to magically happen over 4 weeks.

Absolutely agree! I started out weighing 290 and lost 14 pounds in the first 3 weeks. No way I could do that now!
    Ok so I'm dreaming. Ill try 1.5lbs a week while exercising I suppose to tone and an apple instead of chocolate
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    Rice diet? Must google it. Sounds interesting

sounds BAD!!

c'mon! be realistic. eat veg, fruits, beans, lean meats, whole grains, and lots of water. then you will lose, and it will be fat instead of water and muscle.

be SMART! :flowerforyou:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    30 Day shred, everyday 100% effort, and good diet, no cheating 100% meeting goals.

I lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks doing that, but I think I had a lot more to lose than you. Details are on my profile page if you are interested.
  • brinsy
    Options
    Holiday and my birthday,, that's the reason I want the weight gone plus I can't fit into any of the clothes I wore per Xmas it's shocking how fast the weight piled out...iv only myself to blame. I kept saying ill eat this today and start tomorrow ahhhh!

Rice diet, don't. Just some stupid crap someone came up with to lose weight. I will invent a diet for you now. It's caled the M&M diet, you can eat 2 bag of M&M's a day, and nothing more. If it has the word "diet" in it, stay away.

Now about your bday, no one cares how much you weigh. There have been many times i wanted to be a specific weight for a special day. On Christmas, I wanted to weigh 250lbs. I wanted that for about 6 months. I thought, "yeah everyone is going to tell me i look good and all this stuff, I am gong to be happy."I walked in the door, first thing my uncle said was "you lost your stomach, what have you been doing?" i told him "eating right and exercising" he said, "okay, want a beer?" I waited 6 months to get that... no one cares how much you weigh, 14lbs probably won't even show on you. So stop stressing that.

Shoot for 1-2lbs a week and call it a day, you can't tell your body how much to lose or by when.
    It would be so much easier if u could just tell your body how much u want to lose though by a certain time and from specific parts :) I know nobody else will probably care or notice its a me thing I guess. But ye all make sense on here
  • happymom2013
    Options
    Chocolates my problem especially the last week cut out all the crap and excess food from recent weeks and hope for the best I suppose :-/ what would friendly fats be
    [/quote]

Friendly Fats:

Olive Oil
    Nuts
    Avocados, etc

you can enjoy Dark Chocolate.