they got him!

Options
124»

Replies

• sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes it's great they got him. But.....,in a massive search why did they not search the boats??? The helicopters had heat seeking thero on them so how was he missed? For heaven sake the neighborhood was just advised they could leave their houses.... Soooo how about this "oversight".

Sorry but this is really perplexing to me. Doesn't appear to be such terrific work by authorities to me. I love Boston and haven nothing but respect for officers ans responders but duh....how can u say come out people the search was unsuccessful finding him....it's safe to come out n SURPRISE.....he's in the backyard. Thank god the home owner was observant n no one else got killed.

In fact I've just read a report in the UK Daily Mail Online that says he wasn't found by the Police but by the owner of the boat he was hiding in. The boat was in the owner's garden. Owner ventured out after the curfew was lifted, saw some blood on the boat, and found a wounded man inside. He rushed back into his house and alerted the police who came and caught the guy.

I agree absolutely that it is not so easy to catch an escapee who has fled on foot. He could be hiding anywhere. I would not criticise the police in any way. They must rely on reports from citizens and everyone should be vigilant.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about America...if you kill us, we will kill you back. Of course there is still a chance he could not pull through in hospital, but I'm hoping he does. And I don't want him to have the death penalty either. I want him to have to spend the rest of his miserable life rotting in a jail cell living with all those lives on his conscience. "Only" three may have died, but countless others' lives are ruined.

Four deaths... 3 bombing victims and an MIT cop shot to death last night. And an MBTA cop in critical condition, also shot last night. And 170+ others wounded.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Glad they were able to take him alive, but is the cheering in the streets really necessary? I know it's a relief that he was apprehended, but it's not a damn party FFS.

The cheering is in support of the BPD, not a party.

It irked me is all. I'm all for thanking those who were able to get the bomber without having to kill him, but the cheering I saw on the news was like their sports team just won. It just felt wrong.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about America...if you kill us, we will kill you back. Of course there is still a chance he could not pull through in hospital, but I'm hoping he does. And I don't want him to have the death penalty either. I want him to have to spend the rest of his miserable life rotting in a jail cell living with all those lives on his conscience. "Only" three may have died, but countless others' lives are ruined.

Four deaths... 3 bombing victims and an MIT cop shot to death last night. And an MBTA cop in critical condition, also shot last night. And 170+ others wounded.

Oh I apologize, I did not count that poor young officer. 26 years old...and the 8 year old...don't get me going! And exactly, so many wounded. And not just physically, either.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad they found him!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

ETA: for some of you that will inevitably say that we should care more about what goes on in other countries...we do. But just like every single other country with some sort of news station, things that hit closer to home are reported more than things that do not. It's not that no one cares, but America does not deal well with terrorists. Charity begins at home.

Agreed. Our country is in a mess right now... we need to focus on us, at least until we are strong again.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    388105_10201148433501446_189265500_n.jpg

I LOVE this!! LMAO!:drinker:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Boston is the home of Cheers!!!!! You should cheer! Im so happy you are ok!

cheers_wallpaper_800x600_2.jpg

cheers.gif
    Glad they were able to take him alive, but is the cheering in the streets really necessary? I know it's a relief that he was apprehended, but it's not a damn party FFS.

This manhunt took place blocks from my house. The bombings took place opposite my office. *kitten* got real this week, okay? You know what's a party? Not waiting for a homicidal 19 year old who is heavily armed and desperate to break down my door in an effort to hide here. You know what else is a party? Not checking out every person with a backpack on the T apprehensively every morning. You know what else is a party? That justice prevails. I hope to whatever higher powers out there that you never have to experience something like this that hits as close to home as the sheer terror of this past week has.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Firing squad or burn him at the stake....choices, choices.

Gosh, execution or proper due process? Choices, choices.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Boston is the home of Cheers!!!!! You should cheer! Im so happy you are ok!

cheers_wallpaper_800x600_2.jpg

This manhunt took place blocks from my house. The bombings took place opposite my office. *kitten* got real this week, okay? You know what's a party? Not waiting for a homicidal 19 year old who is heavily armed and desperate to break down my door in an effort to hide here. You know what else is a party? Not checking out every person with a backpack on the T apprehensively every morning. You know what else is a party? That justice prevails. I hope to whatever higher powers out there that you never have to experience something like this that hits as close to home as the sheer terror of this past week has.

Everybody does know my name... you know how many times a day someone yells "Hey Yo!" when I walk by? It's amazing really.
  • wineroom
    wineroom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your years of service, I too spent 28 years in law enforcment...great work....just wondering why thermos didn't pick him up. I am sure we will learn more in the upcoming months. I by the way am cheering here at home n thanking god no one else got hurt.
  • wineroom
    wineroom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So now the news is saying they knew he was there. Who knows what really happened. It will be months before we know...if at all. Just thankful no one else got hurt. By the way I'm all for feeding him to the Lon's.:-)
  • betsy179
    betsy179 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you to all of the officers. Prayers for the officer who died and the one that was hurt. Thanks for keeping all of us safe.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I think the death penalty is too easy an ending for people like this. I like to put a little more thought into my punishments....How about life in prison while making him run a marathon every day for the rest of his life??
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

It irked me is all. I'm all for thanking those who were able to get the bomber without having to kill him, but the cheering I saw on the news was like their sports team just won. It just felt wrong.

Before I knew he was captured, I was commenting to someone on how I couldn't imagine a city being on lockdown and having to stay away from doors and windows. I can't imagine how people felt, especially families with children, the sick, or the elderly to protect. How much pressure had to be building in them. The relief that must have been felt had to be tremendous. I'd so much rather have people blow off that steam through celebrating and cheering than doing so many other things angry people have been known to do, including hurting innocent people based on racial profiling.

I also agree that the loss of life in other countries is tragic, and that the US should be just as responsible and accountable for its actions as anyone else. But that's a topic for another thread, because that 8 year old boy didn't bomb anyone. He's not responsible for the actions and reactions that have been going on and on for who knows how long. His family's pain is not less because other families have pain too. If we truly attempted to mourn every tragic loss, it's literally all we'd do and we'd still fall short. So would the people in other countries. It's just not possible.

Speak up and out about issues that concern you, about actions your government takes overseas. It's one of the only things an ordinary citizen can do about foreign policy (in my jaded opinion, anyway.) But don't do it in comparison. Do it for its own sake. When you make it a versus, people stop listening anyway and get (rightfully) defensive and defense mechanisms kick in. So doing that in a thread where people are celebrating something good (again, a man who caused the death of an 8 year old needs to be caught) is not the time or the place.

Edit: Oops, most of post not directed at poster I quoted. Got derailed in my own thoughts.