Your fave stupid food myth you've heard

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• ZimmerFly
    ZimmerFly Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My mother's fav saying when I was little in the summer time...."You can't go swimming for at least an hour after you eat". Never once did I cramp up from eating a PB & J!!
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as skinny

apparently this person never had a double whopper with cheese no tomato

^^^LOVE THIS!!
  • volatiledreams
    Options
    that if you don't eat enough you'll put on weight/the whole starvation mode crap

and also the people at my old job were convinced that tortilla wraps were better for you in some way than white bread. and i hate it when people treat all types of fat like they're the devil
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Saw a pin on pinterest the other day with a long list of "foods that burn more calories during digestion than they contain, therefore you can eat as much of them as you want!" The list included celery (of course) and apples and blueberries, pomegranate, etc. There was a long argument in the comments with one girl basically saying "this pin is dumb, of course apple calories count" and the other saying "no, you can eat as many of these calories as you want and not gain because you burn these calories just by breathing."

Apparently there is a whole other kind of calorie that disappears from your body when you breath and you can't overeat them. Good news.
  • michael300891
    Options
    If you don't eat enough protein, your muscle wastes away. Your heart is a muscle, and so your heart muscle wears away leading to heart attacks.
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    "If you drink Diet Coke then you can make up for the calories with treats!"
    Lolno.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Fat free foods are better for you.

I used to work at a candy distribution center. We had tons and tons of chocolate and candy.
    I used to work chocolate into my WW points for the day.
    The girl I shared an office with ate gummie bears all day because you can't get fat if the food is FAT FREE. :noway: :laugh:
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Anything that you eat after 8pm will turn into fat.

^this :laugh:
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If the nachos are stuck together, it's just ONE nacho.

Wait...that is true. 0:) right????????