For the love of god women EAT!!!

Options

Replies

• SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You know, I said this same thing yesterday, and everyone yelled at me for being "judgmental" and "uncaring." And then I was told that I'm "insensitive to anorexia." I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the '1200 is to much' people are ridiculous.
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Forgoodness sake, if I hear one more person say they cannot eat above 1200 cals I may scream.

My GF is the same. Logging with a different sight and claims she "cannot" get above 1200 calories... well you didn't have that problem before!!!

Just eat. Why is it so hard? Genuine question. I have no problems getting to 1600 calories in oneday, nay I could do it in one sitting if I let myself.

grumble grumble grumble... and Happy face :)

i dont go above 1200 =D *covers ears and waits for the scream* before i didnt have a problem no because i ate crap .. burgers chips ect now all my food if not most of it is vegan .. veg fruits beans lentils ect and they dont have as many calories and fill me up alot faster x

Do you work out?

unless physio counts then no ... i did go for a walk today with my son threw the forest very slow walk as hes only 2 lol but i logged it and will eat extra today saying that if im hungry i do go over my calories but im usually not my hubby whos 9 stone eats all the time we logged it one day and it came to 4000 cals hes been eating vegan ect and says he cant eat as much now as hes soo full
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Any day I am not close to my goal I can easily fix that with some Nutella. It ain't that hard.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 a day (ish) for 5 weeks, because MFP told me to. Then I came on the forums and saw lots of posts about calculating my TDEE/BMR and i've worked out I should actually be eating around 1400, without counting exercise. There's a lot of information out there...a lot of it confusing, misleading or just plain wrong.

Burt boiled it all down to make it as simple and accessible as possible for new folks...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I love food. I have a hard time staying under 2000 calories a day if I'm not careful. I tried the 1200 calorie thing for a couple days and found myself in the fridge at 11 pm eating everything that rhymed with cheese.

you binged on peas?

that's weird.
  • SusanleeBee
    Options
    I have occasional days like that. Not often, though. It's usually related to, as thecakelocker said, trying to eliminate less healthy choices along with a change in schedule. For example, on Friday I worked out after work instead of in the morning and just wasn't hungry for dinner when I got home. I ended up eating 1100 that day, with a net of something like 800. But that was the first time that's happened in quite a while.

I have really low days like this occasionally too, but that's different than just all the time being "unable" to eat 1200 (and most of them aren't eating back their workout calories either). You are not the person that we're hating on here. ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I eat like a man, like 1600-2100 a day

Since when was eating 2000 calories a 'man' thing?
  • SusanleeBee
    Options
    Right?!
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Forgoodness sake, if I hear one more person say they cannot eat above 1200 cals I may scream.

My GF is the same. Logging with a different sight and claims she "cannot" get above 1200 calories... well you didn't have that problem before!!!

Just eat. Why is it so hard? Genuine question. I have no problems getting to 1600 calories in oneday, nay I could do it in one sitting if I let myself.

v6r8yt.jpg
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Its a physiological thing. When you eat at 1200, your body dials back your metabolism and burns muscle (that pesky tissue that requires so many calories to maintain) in order to survive at 1200. So the appetite gets dialed back too. If you eat at 1200 long enough, you honestly won't get hungry for more than that. If you try to eat more, say have breakfast of 600 calories, your body thinks you've gotten half your calories for the day so you won't get hungry again until dinner.

Goes to show why you have to follow your mind out of that mess, not your body.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't get being full at 1200 calories either, I am starving with my cut at 2000 ;/
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

:heart:
    It's hard because they started eating significantly less and got use to it. You wouldn't believe how bloated you'd feel eating normally. And on diet sites 1200 is the new 2000. I made an uneducated decision when I first came here and let a site take care of things. I didn't even have it set to high. But I was sedentary. Bad decision. And I learned from it...about the time my hair started falling out lol. A lot of people complain to the 'eat more' people. I thank to God they spoke up to me. For every person who spoke up there were about 10 telling me I was fine. I didn't link the 2 together because I "felt fine". I thought it was stress.

My opinion, if you truely are in your sixties, very short, very sedentary, and trying to lose weight fast, you're still doing it wrong. If you ask me, the problem isn't that you have to eat so little (particularly since I know 4 footers who eat more). The problem is you need to move more. Moving is a lot healthier on your body and is far more beneficial in the looks department.

An unhealthy over weight person 'eating healthy' dieting away by hardly eating isn't getting enough fat, protein or nutrients (considering they can't absorb the nutrients in the food they're eating with so little fat)...that's not the way to go. Particularly since it can be linked to death:
    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/56/1/230S.full.pdf
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I love food and besides i use to be much the same because i wanted to eat better but didnt know how to balance i platued and didnt lose any weight for 3 months i started eating a lot more eating back cals i burned and wham the weght loss was back lost close to 5 pounds in a few weeks
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    *Scruffy the Janitor*
    Second.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

QFT. Eating 2100 cals a day I felt light-headed all the time.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love food. I have a hard time staying under 2000 calories a day if I'm not careful. I tried the 1200 calorie thing for a couple days and found myself in the fridge at 11 pm eating everything that rhymed with cheese.

You made me snort! Glad to know I am not the only one who loves cheese and this sounds like me. I have never gone on the 1200 calorie thing though. My goal is 1670, and I think that is a good fit. I have to be careful and make sure I have calories at the end of the day for a snack otherwise I too am doing the cheese thing.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I must really eat like a man! My average calories consumed for the last week was just over 2100
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

QFT. Eating 2100 cals a day I felt light-headed all the time.
    quoted again 'cause wtf. I'm a nearly underweight female who can put that down sometimes in one sitting.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Any day I am not close to my goal I can easily fix that with some Nutella. It ain't that hard.

Mmmm nuttella
  • dmmalmberg
    Options
    The problem is all these people dont actually know how to lose weight and think starving themselves will help. When in all honesty if you are not eating an average of 7 - 200 cal meals/snacks /day your body goes into starvation mode and decreases metabolism.

They should focus on the fact that you need to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound. So from a 2000 cal/day diet that means you should eat 1500 cal/day, to lose 2lbs per week this means add fitness totaling 3500 cal/week. SO many people think "oh 3500/lb so then cut my diet to 1000 cal/day and I will lose 2 lbs per week. Wrong kind of thinking and you will binge and you will not lose weight after the first 2 or 3 weeks.

I usually go will 1400/day, if im under for the WEEK (9800 cal) I will make sure I eat extra to meet this minimum requirement. Then I try to make up the difference for losing 2 lbs per week with exercise, so burn 2800/week in exercise.

Sadly most people are not educated enough to lose weight in a good manner.