The wisdom of the young

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Also, I would like to add, what magically happens at 23 that makes you not a dumbass anymore? Do you get your smart card on your 23rd birthday? I thought no one likes you when you're 23, anyway?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Also, I would like to add, what magically happens at 23 that makes you not a dumbass anymore? Do you get your smart card on your 23rd birthday? I thought no one likes you when you're 23, anyway?

Ahh, much better! Well played :).
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

I had to cut it off somewhere. 22 was only one key to push instead of having to hit two different ones for 23. Damn you for making me do it anyway.
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    About nutrition? Nah. Some 21 year olds have known how to eat right and exercise their whole lives, and some 40 year olds have 40 years of bad habits behind them before they started trying to lose weight and get healthy. Age doesn't mean a thing here.

And some 21 year olds are bad at reading comprehension. Sound out the big words sweetheart.

Aww and some 40 year olds are patronizing

Yup. Wouldn't have had to be if you had actually read the OP.

"I'm sure there are SOME in that age range who have been through a ton, are well educated and are thoroughly qualified to give advice dealing with medical questions..."

I'd say nutrition falls into that, more often than not, on this website.

There it is. Thank you for proving my point. Nutrition is NOT the same thing as a medical question.

I didn't say that. But nutrition is an important aspect of medicine, and on this website, which focuses on nutrition, the two are often coupled.

But I don't know anything, I'm 24.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    About nutrition? Nah. Some 21 year olds have known how to eat right and exercise their whole lives, and some 40 year olds have 40 years of bad habits behind them before they started trying to lose weight and get healthy. Age doesn't mean a thing here.

And some 21 year olds are bad at reading comprehension. Sound out the big words sweetheart.

"I'm sure there are SOME in that age range who have been through a ton, are well educated and are thoroughly qualified to give advice dealing with medical questions..."

There it is. Thank you for proving my point. Nutrition is NOT the same thing as a medical question.

I didn't say that. But nutrition is an important aspect of medicine, and on this website, which focuses on nutrition, the two are often coupled.

As long as you recognize it.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just cuz u were a dumbass doesnt make me a dumbass
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Didn't you receive your 'smart card' in the mail last year? I think its issued by the Department of Social Services. Unsure though, only 20!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

To be honest I've found that most medical doctors know pretty much squat about nutrition. So that kinda blows the whole 'nutrition is an important aspect of medicine' thing out of the water.

Not that I'm claiming you're a dumbass because you're 24. I paint my pictures with a much finer brush than Mr. Celo lol.
  • alychil820
    Options

Didn't you receive your 'smart card' in the mail last year? I think its issued by the Department of Social Services. Unsure though, only 20!

DAMMIT, OBAMA
  • alychil820
    Options

As long as you recognize it.

white+flag.jpg

because ffs.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

No, the fact that you construct a sentence the way you do makes you a dumbass.
  • bluecrayonz
    Options

I can construct a sentence just as well as you can. Because I can get my point across in fewer words, I choose not to. Nobody wants to read long, proper sentences anymore. Stick to the times, and get to the point.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Okay so I can't reported if I like someone's insult, right? I will just sit here quietly then :flowerforyou:
  • crisanderson27
    Options

I can construct a sentence just as well as you can. Because I can get my point across in fewer words, I choose not to. Nobody wants to read long, proper sentences anymore. Stick to the times, and get to the point.

This is a sad commentary on the laziness of todays youth :(.

Which is why if I catch my 15yr old daughter using text speak on her cell or anywhere else, to myself, or to her friends...she loses it for a week.

Period.
  • bluecrayonz
    Options

Which is why if I catch my 15yr old daughter using text speak on her cell or anywhere else, to myself, or to her friends...she loses it for a week.

Period.

I feel bad for your daughter....
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

You're in for a rude awakening when you join the real world. Professionals absolutely want to read long, proper sentences. Thank you for proving my original point.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I will never again know as much as I knew when I was 18 :)
  • alychil820
    Options

Period.

My dad uses more text speak than anyone I know. It's hilarious. But I guess it's because he's a gamer.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I know you are but what am I? :bigsmile:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

DAMMIT, OBAMA

thanksobama_zps0593cc54.gif
This discussion has been closed.