is hanging up laundry considered exercise?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think its all up to you. I have my setting on sedentary because I don't leave the house, and barely do house work but I do all the clothes washing for my husband and myself and down here we can only hand wash (no washing/drying machines) and trust me if you want a good strength workout you should get into hand washing and wringing out jeans lol! I don't log it because I like to think of it as a bonus. I also think that if you can, you should definitely get one of those fitbits or pedometers or HRM or something that will help you get a better idea of your activity levels in terms of caloric burns and steps taken. I wish I could get one but they aren't available here either :(.
  • Logical_Integrity
    Options
    This is ridiculous. Just count it. You want to fool yourself or if it makes you feel better that you burnt calories doing laundry log it. Doesn't change the fact I will roll my eyes in disgust when I see it as an exercise entry. Make sure to add breathing, cooking, defecating, and the walking between in 30-120 second increments. This is absurd. :noway:
  • jhopp
    jhopp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    To me hanging laundry is an exercise in taking care of the items that shouldn't go in the dryer. However, I would never consider counting it toward my daily fitness routine.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg

Sheeesh, I fall for it every. single. time!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything you do burns calories, but the rule of thumb that I'd follow if I were you is if you don't put on your gyms shorts then it's better not to record it.

Best case scenario, you just add a little extra to your deficit. Worst case scenario you over-estimate how much you burn and hurt your weight loss.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Why are so many really old posts coming back again? :\
  • dbmata
    Options
    Why are so many really old posts coming back again? :\

Dunno, I haven't used search recently, maybe it's borked?
  • dbmata
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Thread_NecroRD.jpg

Sheeesh, I fall for it every. single. time!
    LOL.

It happens.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do alot of cleaning at home, and i was wondering is hanging up laundry outside considered a exercise?I know most of you probably use a tumble dryer but in south africa most people hang up there clothes on sunny days
    Eh, I count it as walking, just because my line is waaaaaaay out in the boonies (stupid me for putting it there, but I digress). I call it "laundry day" and log it since I do about 5 loads of clothes once or twice a week

• philwrightfitness
    Options
    Yes if you wear chainmail......
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Is rolling over in your sleep considered exercise?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Depends on who you're rolling over.