How to make my thighs less muscular?

Options

Replies

• sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I, too, prefer a leaner looking leg, but God didn't see fit to give me the genetics to go along with my thoughts. It's taken nearly 20 years of fighting with my "thick thighs" to realize that they are strong, powerful legs. So, I put them to good use and I RUN. You may not have the option of long lean legs. You might need to make friends with your muscles and put 'em to work. Learn to love 'em! Advice from a 41 year old mom.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yoga, and do exercises with a high quantity and lower weight... and don't drink a protein recovery drink after a leg workout so the torn up muscle can be excreted out instead of repaired

WAT
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    People with healthy body images rarely ask this type of question. Please get some help, OP.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert, but I've heard good things about yoga helping get that longer, leaner look. Might apply to bulky muscle on thighs as well, worth a shot.
    Sorry but yoga does NOT make your legs longer. Genetics says no.

And OP, I think you should go see a counselor.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Let me just translate this so we all know what you're asking.

You're asking how to make your thighs more fatty?
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You can look into the routines that require the use of Resistance bands. Those will realllly lean you out. I wish I had big and muscluar legs I do leg routines twice a week intensely but I think im genetically just chicken legged lol Are you incorporating upper body strength training at all? If not it may just appear your legs are too "bulky" when in reality your just not porportioned correctly.
    As this person was saying- when you are lean like you are - your genetics play a huge part in what you look like. I bet you look awesome - so don't worry about it. You cannot get ballet thighs through exercise - you have to be born with ballet thighs and you can work within that +/-.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    People seriously need to read :grumble:

And others need to math.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I, too, prefer a leaner looking leg, but God didn't see fit to give me the genetics to go along with my thoughts. It's taken nearly 20 years of fighting with my "thick thighs" to realize that they are strong, powerful legs. So, I put them to good use and I RUN. You may not have the option of long lean legs. You might need to make friends with your muscles and put 'em to work. Learn to love 'em! Advice from a 41 year old mom.

I LOVE this ^^ Me too!! I realized I was never going to have Victoria secret model legs, however, my legs are strong and powerful and can do great things and having the muscle sure beats the cellulite fat things I used to have! :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Yoga, and do exercises with a high quantity and lower weight... and don't drink a protein recovery drink after a leg workout so the torn up muscle can be excreted out instead of repaired

WAT

lolNO
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    One question no one answered was, what do the levels mean on the cardio machines. The higher the level the more resistance the machine gives you..level 5 is harder than level 1 and so on. Also, you are doing a lot of "bulky" leg workouts. The elliptical and rowing are mainly leg workout and tend to bulk you up. Running, lunges, squats are toning and leaning you out. But as others have asked, are you doing upper body workouts, because if not then of course your legs will appear bigger if you have no muscle on the upper body. Good luck!
  • Hoosier_Kat
    Hoosier_Kat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you're changing the "numbers" on the stationary bike, you're changing the resistance. Basically, when you increase the number it becomes like pedaling uphill, the higher the number, the steeper the hill. That puts more work on your legs as well.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Maybe go into a self-imposed coma for a few months to atrophy your legs?

Came here to say this ^^^^^^

and this:
    Sorry but yoga does NOT make your legs longer. Genetics says no.

And OP, I think you should go see a counselor.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I wish I could accidentally get bulky from cardio :grumble:
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    People seriously need to read :grumble:

And others need to math.

this is how you get fat?..no wonder i hate math
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

WAT

lolNO

I heard someone was excreting muscles and I wanted to volunteer mine. That would be so handy!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Also, you are doing a lot of "bulky" leg workouts. The elliptical and rowing are mainly leg workout and tend to bulk you up. Running, lunges, squats are toning and leaning you out.

So ahh, just to be clear. You're saying that the elliptical and the rower are leg workouts and build leg muscles. But running, lunges and squats are not leg workouts and therefore do not build leg muscles? You don't use your legs on these exercises at all? Could you post a video to demonstrate how you accomplish these exercises without using your legs?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    From where does one excrete torn up muscle?
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options

WAT

lolNO

I heard someone was excreting muscles and I wanted to volunteer mine. That would be so handy!

Is excreting out muscle the reason why I've been pooping so much recently?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    So you got muscular thighs from doing cardio twice a week? I don't believe you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

:noway:
This discussion has been closed.