How to make my thighs less muscular?

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Yoga, and do exercises with a high quantity and lower weight... and don't drink a protein recovery drink after a leg workout so the torn up muscle can be excreted out instead of repaired
    From where does one excrete torn up muscle?

There's a small access portal in your lower intestine where the body can add solid waste that's too problematic for the kidneys to filter out. This way you can extract and excrete solid mass straight from the body. Medical scientists refer to this as the back door back door. Gaa. Read a book.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i found that the elliptical really bulked up my thighs! and id imagine biking would too
    i found that running made them a lot leaner (like long slow runs)
    so maybe try that? and lots of stretching and yoga :)

i wish i could bulk up that easily!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Yoga, and do exercises with a high quantity and lower weight... and don't drink a protein recovery drink after a leg workout so the torn up muscle can be excreted out instead of repaired

I am curious to see what the answer to this is as well.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Also, you are doing a lot of "bulky" leg workouts. The elliptical and rowing are mainly leg workout and tend to bulk you up. Running, lunges, squats are toning and leaning you out.

So ahh, just to be clear. You're saying that the elliptical and the rower are leg workouts and build leg muscles. But running, lunges and squats are not leg workouts and therefore do not build leg muscles? You don't use your legs on these exercises at all? Could you post a video to demonstrate how you accomplish these exercises without using your legs?

I iz confuzzled also.

I think I must be doing squats wrong. I thought they were primarily a leg exercise.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options

WAT

lolNO

I heard someone was excreting muscles and I wanted to volunteer mine. That would be so handy!

Is excreting out muscle the reason why I've been pooping so much recently?

Yes, you should increase your protein intake.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    This is the best thing I've ever read on MFP.
    "muscle can be excreted out" Mhhhmm, okay!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of fat on my thighs and would be happy to donate!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

You don't wanna know. :noway:
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This is the best thing I've ever read on MFP.
    "muscle can be excreted out" Mhhhmm, okay!

One must be careful not to give thyself a pink sock.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It looks like you had another post asking how to make your legs less fatty in February. Now they're too muscular? Low BMI and 18? Girl, go talk to a counselor. You're not seeing yourself accurately, and in the meantime, you're a low weight already eating at a continued deficit. That's not good, especially that young.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Also, you are doing a lot of "bulky" leg workouts. The elliptical and rowing are mainly leg workout and tend to bulk you up. Running, lunges, squats are toning and leaning you out.

So ahh, just to be clear. You're saying that the elliptical and the rower are leg workouts and build leg muscles. But running, lunges and squats are not leg workouts and therefore do not build leg muscles? You don't use your legs on these exercises at all? Could you post a video to demonstrate how you accomplish these exercises without using your legs?

I iz confuzzled also.

I think I must be doing squats wrong. I thought they were primarily a leg exercise.

Well clearly one should only do "toning" exercises, which obviously use the muscle in a different way and will create an entirely different look.

rhony-luann-eyeroll.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

You don't wanna know. :noway:

Maybe it's the white chunks that come with pee?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Huh?

I......I just......I just can't even........
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    It looks like you had another post asking how to make your legs less fatty in February. Now they're too muscular? Low BMI and 18? Girl, go talk to a counselor. You're not seeing yourself accurately, and in the meantime, you're a low weight already eating at a continued deficit. That's not good, especially that young.

Please, please, please..... listen to her.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    People seriously need to read :grumble:

her bmi is at the minimum range but is fine for her age, i did look at your profile and noticed you are only 18 wish i had been 123 pounds at 18 lol. i think its fine if your legs are bulky, if its not fat but muscle i don't see what the problem is, you are a young healthy girl and should be proud of who you are, if you think your thighs are too big show us a pic, i love that my thighs are getting solid, they no longer wobble when i walk :smile: give yourself a break sweetie
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You know who has tiny thighs 90 year old emaciated people who can barely walk on their brittle bones...why would you want emaciated non muscular thighs?

Must be a female posting this.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    One question no one answered was, what do the levels mean on the cardio machines. The higher the level the more resistance the machine gives you..level 5 is harder than level 1 and so on. Also, you are doing a lot of "bulky" leg workouts. The elliptical and rowing are mainly leg workout and tend to bulk you up. Running, lunges, squats are toning and leaning you out. But as others have asked, are you doing upper body workouts, because if not then of course your legs will appear bigger if you have no muscle on the upper body. Good luck!

I DOUBT elliptical and rowing machines could bulk anyone up..EVER
    especially in a calorie deficit.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Swimming is a great exercise. You get cardio and strength training in one workout.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

tumblr_llqgg8lwjj1qbnk3uo1_500.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters. It's quite simple really:

Lose Fat: Eat Less, Exercise More.
    Gain Muscle: Eat More, Exercise More
    Lose Muscle: Eat Less, Exercise Less.

Nuthin to it.
This discussion has been closed.