Don't be that guy...

Options
124»

Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Don't be that creepy guy who sits behind the treadmills on a machine for 20 minutes staring at my *kitten*.

Really? I just assumed that is why the gym put machines behind the row of treadmills.

Hey, if you're working out and just enjoying the view that is fine with me. If you're sitting there hogging a machine in a busy gym just for a view, that's ridiculous. :noway:

Eh, guys are guys. Whenever I've had guys blatantly WATCH me (as in not just glancing over occasionally, but sitting/standing and watching me do my lifts), I typically assume it's because I'm doing something they don't normally see women doing in the gym, like Turkish get-ups or pretty much anything involving a heavy kettlebell. But even if they're staring at my *kitten*, who cares? It's a nice *kitten*. They'd hardly be men if they didn't notice. As long as they don't bother me, I'm indifferent.

Oh course this response would have been much better if you had a results pic of your *kitten* as your avatar. :wink:

I guess you're THAT guy.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Don't be that creepy guy who sits behind the treadmills on a machine for 20 minutes staring at my *kitten*.

^This

No problem. Just don't be that girl that gets gets all offended because I am in the treadmill row behind you staring. Then you get off your treadmill walking away in a huff thinking I was staring at you only to realize I was staring at the girl next to you. Then you think..."*kitten*....why wasn't he staring at ME????"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Eh, guys are guys. Whenever I've had guys blatantly WATCH me (as in not just glancing over occasionally, but sitting/standing and watching me do my lifts), I typically assume it's because I'm doing something they don't normally see women doing in the gym, like Turkish get-ups or pretty much anything involving a heavy kettlebell. But even if they're staring at my *kitten*, who cares? It's a nice *kitten*. They'd hardly be men if they didn't notice. As long as they don't bother me, I'm indifferent.
    So where do you workout again?:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Really? I just assumed that is why the gym put machines behind the row of treadmills.

Hey, if you're working out and just enjoying the view that is fine with me. If you're sitting there hogging a machine in a busy gym just for a view, that's ridiculous. :noway:

Oh course this response would have been much better if you had a results pic of your *kitten* as your avatar. :wink:

I guess you're THAT guy.

Actually, I am not THAT guy. If I am on a machine at the gym, I am kicking *kitten* and burning calories. If there is a nice view in front of me, I consider it a bonus.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Who wears spandex to the gym and gets a boner.

Hey, I gotta show off for the ladies SOMEhow.....
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Don't be THAT guy that makes these threads where people lose hope in humanity because by the end of it, you realize that anything and everything you do can be considered annoying

right?
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    But wait. I thought everyone was so in tune to their own workouts that they weren't paying attention to what anyone else is doing. Isn't that what you tell people that are nervous about going to the gym and looking like an idiot? "Hey, no one's looking at you. They're all into their own thing, man. Just go in like you own the place and wreck **** and no one will even pay any attention."

But then I come here and I see all you judgmental ****s talking about all the attention you pay to people who have paid their dues just like you have so that they can use the gym how they see fit because it happens to be different than the way you use it. I can go as fast or slow on any available treadmill in the whole place and it's none of your damned business. Or I can judge you for being on a treadmill at all. What a horrible way to exercise. If you're not walking outside you're just wasting space in the gym that could be better served by more squat racks for people who "really" work out. "Not leaving a dent in the leg press seat" - leg press is a red-headed *kitten* child exercise, don't be that guy that doesn't have the balls to squat and has to use the sissy machine.

/rant
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Here Unfurling, sounds like you could use this today

68690.jpg
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Who wears spandex to the gym and gets a boner.

Hey, I gotta show off for the ladies SOMEhow.....
    :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    But wait. I thought everyone was so in tune to their own workouts that they weren't paying attention to what anyone else is doing. Isn't that what you tell people that are nervous about going to the gym and looking like an idiot? "Hey, no one's looking at you. They're all into their own thing, man. Just go in like you own the place and wreck **** and no one will even pay any attention."

But then I come here and I see all you judgmental ****s talking about all the attention you pay to people who have paid their dues just like you have so that they can use the gym how they see fit because it happens to be different than the way you use it. I can go as fast or slow on any available treadmill in the whole place and it's none of your damned business. Or I can judge you for being on a treadmill at all. What a horrible way to exercise. If you're not walking outside you're just wasting space in the gym that could be better served by more squat racks for people who "really" work out. "Not leaving a dent in the leg press seat" - leg press is a red-headed *kitten* child exercise, don't be that guy that doesn't have the balls to squat and has to use the sissy machine.

/rant

Walking, running and lifting weights are excellent ways to release the anger inside. Good luck to you.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy who has a brother/cousin/uncle who used to be huge, ripped, had 19 inch arms, bench 500 and is bigger than me. Also, don't be the guy that says"I used to look like you"
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy/girl who worries about what other people do.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxn0BYvIthI&feature=player_embedded#!

Don't be the guy or girl that doesn't know how to use a machine, just ask.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxn0BYvIthI&feature=player_embedded#!

Don't be the guy or girl that doesn't know how to use a machine, just ask.

I feel really bad for people that end on YouTube like that. Maybe they are too embarrassed to ask, or hell, maybe she knew exactly what she was doing and that's exactly what she wanted to be doing!

And if we're posting videos, this one is much funnier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

And if we're posting videos, this one is much funnier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8

Awesome. :)
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Don't be that guy that doesn't re-rack the weights

^amen!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Don't be that guy who grunts at 100 decibels while pumping heavy weights. We get it, you're strong. No need to rub it in.

Or that guy who's constantly dropping the weights after every set, despite the fact that the sign that says "please do not drop the weights" is right in front of him.
  • TattednPierced
    Options
    This is why I wear the biggest pair of headphones I own so they know im not to be bothered lol

When I'm wearing headphones, people think that's an invitation to talk to me and make me continually pull one of them out. It gets quite frustrating.