How does your body react to unhealthy food?

Options

Replies

• Moonbeem11
    Moonbeem11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sad that people think there is no such thing as unhealthy food. While I wish this were true - some food isn't really even food! The way it's processed - all the canola oil, GMO foods - corn, soy etc are only 2 molecules away from plastic! Now I know you don't think eating plastic is healthy..i hope! This is for the few that think everything is just food. It's just not the same as it use to be, please read up.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm a little sad that people think there is no such thing as unhealthy food. While I wish this were true - some food isn't really even food! The way it's processed - all the canola oil, GMO foods - corn, soy etc are only 2 molecules away from plastic! Now I know you don't think eating plastic is healthy..i hope! This is for the few that think everything is just food. It's just not the same as it use to be, please read up.

Canola oil, soy, and corn are "2 molecules away from plastic"?

WTF are you talking about?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Another thread on the evils of food.

In general, specific foods are not unhealthy. Not getting the right nutrition because you're eating too much of one thing and not enough of another, can be. Focus on a balanced diet.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, food being unhealthy.

When I eat "unhealthy" food. My energy levels in the gym shoot up and I can lift more weight. Why?
    Its calorie dense.

Most of you think that burgers and pizza is unhealthy?

lol ok

the same thought crossed my mind...

I eat a pizza big deal..if it fits into my cals and macros for the day...its all good...even if it doesn't and I go slightly over I do not get "ill" ....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

apparently we are in the matrix and the borg is dictating what we are eating...i think centennials are at my door...morpheus/out
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My diary may be scary to some... I eat pop tarts, pbj and pretzels almost every day. I also eat chicken breast, broccoli, banana and some whey protein.

Why do people classify foods as unhealthy or healthy beats me. Its just food people... Th body runs on calories it knows no difference between broccoli or chicken but then again what do I know. Sure nutrition is important but I think most people fail because they are brain washed into the whole healthy vs unhealthy dogma.
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Evil-Food.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

My ex used to say the same thing about Cheese Whiz. He also warned me that if I didn't cook chicken long enough I could get gonhorrea.
    He was really good looking.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Two molecules can make a huge difference. That's like saying you shouldn't drink water because it's close to H2O2, which is peroxide.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

My ex used to say the same thing about Cheese Whiz. He also warned me that if I didn't cook chicken long enough I could get gonhorrea.

Pretty can only make up for stupid so long....
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I only feel kind of bad if I eat too much. Doesn't seem to matter if it's broccoli or chocolate cake. Moderation in all things works for me.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Pretty can only make up for stupid so long....

Indeed. Hence the "ex".
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Wait wait... which was the unhealthy food? The hamburger or the sushi?

Well, we already established that Caesar salad is unhealthy, so probably both.

(Honestly, if I were ranking these on "healthiness", I'd definitely put the Caesar salad at the bottom. I've always thought of lettuces as mostly devoid of any significant nutrition. The dressing probably isn't adding much either. It certainly can be delicious though (when done right).)

Lettuces are devoid of nutrition? What are you talking about?

Believe it or not, romaine lettuce is 17% protein with 7.7 grams per head. It is also a complete protein! That means that it has all 8 essential amino acids, 9% RDA of some and up to 26% RDA of others.
    One head of romaine has 206mg of calcium (about 21% RDA).
    One head of romaine lettuce contains 44% RDA of Omega-3 essential fats.
    Romaine contains 167% RDA of vitamin C while an average sized orange contains only 92%.One head of romaine contains 6mg of iron, which ads a significant source of iron to the diets of vegetarians and vegans.
    Romaine Lettuce is Rich in B-vitamins: Thiamine (B1) – 38% RDA, Riboflavin (B2) – 32% RDA, Niacin (B3) – 12% RDA, Pantothenic Acid (B5) – 18%, Pyridoxine (B6) – 36 %, Folate (B9) – 213%!
    One head of romaine provides 16% of your daily water needs with about 20 ounces of water per head!
    Rich Source of vitamin A (as beta-carotene) and K. As with most leafy greens, romaine is super rich in beta-carotene with 1817% RDA per head and has 535% RDA of vitamin K.
    Low Levels of Oxalic Acid. If you have problems with calcium oxalate kidney stones, romaine lettuce might be a good choice for leafy greens since it is very low in this anti-nutrient.
    One head contains copper (33% RDA), magnesium (22% RDA), manganese (42% RDA), phosphorus (27% RDA), potassium (33%), selenium (5% RDA) and zinc (13% RDA).

WHAT? ALL THAT IN 1 HEAD OF LETTUCE?

lets be honest. i am not going to eat the whole damn head of lettuce
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The main thing for me is if the food I eat is really greasy, it shows up on my face. I'll look like I took a bath in oil. And of course the subsequent acne breakout.

Which is enough for me not to eat greasy food in excess.
  • pamla77
    pamla77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had my gullbladder removed during my pregnancy with my first child 15+ yrs ago and my body HATES ME when i eat fatty or greasy foods! At first i was very upset by this and consulted my doctor....who politely told me that at my weight he was not concerned that my body was rejecting fatty foods. :( he was right and i accepted that i could no longer eat like a teenager and lost alot of weight over a few years time. It also keeps me in check. I choose to take my chances occasionally but i do love food!
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am the same way... anything that isn't my cooking like a whole meal (with exception of Subway's, and any salad from anywhere) makes my body go into like a "shock mode" I'll have stomach cramps along with nausea, and sometimes I'll get the sweats.. oh and the next few days I will feel like I have rocks in my stomachs... It kind of makes me feel like I intoxicated or poisoned my body. :sick:
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    When I eat unhealthy food my body aches all over, my joints get stiff & I can't think clearly. I forget things.

That is why I eat healthy foods every single day & for every single meal. I don't want to feel bad!
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If i'm staying on my lowfat diet and then go out and eat crap bad things happen. Let's just say I won't go more than a few feet from a bathroom for a while. It's nasty but It's my fault.
  • FightingFox
    Options
    CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg

Pizza is a vegetable, Congress says so!
    Too funny!!!!! (:
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Greasy foods especially pizza have always given me stomach problems..I just notice it more now that I don't eat it very often, so when I do it seems like the end of the world!