How does your body react to unhealthy food?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, food being unhealthy.

When I eat "unhealthy" food. My energy levels in the gym shoot up and I can lift more weight. Why?
    Its calorie dense.

Most of you think that burgers and pizza is unhealthy?

lol ok

Highly processed food is unhealthy. A big mac is unhealthy, a burger with quality ingredients; whilst heavy on the calories, isn't..

But to answer the original post, I eat pretty clean and when I don't I feel like crap. I've had 2 days in the last 4 months when I ate lots of fat and salt (sugar has never been my poison) and I won't do it again.

so your saying your body knows the difference between a big mac and a burger that you made at home? I don't really see how ones body can distinguish between the two as it treats them both as calories and energy....
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    After eating well for a few months, I had chicken and waffles (what can I say, they were amazing...) and later that evening I felt like I was going to pass out. I actually had to go lay down and the person I was with said I turned very pale. Still trying to figure out if they were worth all that haha

I had Wendy's another day, and spent that night in the toilet. Don't know if that's because of my previously healthy diet, or just the fact that I ate at Wendy's...
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

When I eat "unhealthy" food. My energy levels in the gym shoot up and I can lift more weight. Why?
    Its calorie dense.

lol ok

Highly processed food is unhealthy. A big mac is unhealthy, a burger with quality ingredients; whilst heavy on the calories, isn't..

But to answer the original post, I eat pretty clean and when I don't I feel like crap. I've had 2 days in the last 4 months when I ate lots of fat and salt (sugar has never been my poison) and I won't do it again.
    mcdonalds is unhealthy. chemicals, preservatives to allow it to survive through nuclear war, etc.

Preservatives are fine but mcdonalds is ridiculous
    either way your body wont know the difference,

maybe the macronutrient composition will be different and then affect you.
    due to the macros composition

I asked about burgers and pizza
    if you make your own burger at home. tell me what is unhealthy about it
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gallbladder so any calorically dense food with lots of fat, whether it's an avocado or a cheeseburger, leaves me running and praying.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    I don't have a gallbladder so any calorically dense food with lots of fat, whether it's an avocado or a cheeseburger, leaves me running and praying.
    that sucks.
    my mom doesnt have one either and she is prone to diabetes.

probably one of the worst combos
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Food high in fat can give me heartburn, but the most evil food for me is cabbage. Half a cup of that stuff, raw or cooked and I'm in horrid pain, swiftly followed by... Well, just don't stand down wind, k?
  • fattyfoodie
    Options
    that sucks.

Huh, I am diabetic as well.... gestational diabetes that decided to hang around.

Running and praying is preferable to hyperglycemia, IMO.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    my body responds quickly as well. Depending on how bad i eat, i have stomach cramps and feel horrible. Once i get back on track though, i feel great! Dont know if its worth it.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    that sucks.

Huh, I am diabetic as well.... gestational diabetes that decided to hang around.

-_-

I am sorry to hear that.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Responds quickly I feel bloated and get cramps!
  • fattyfoodie
    Options
    that sucks.

-_-

I am sorry to hear that.

Thanks. Once I shed my fat suit I am hoping the diabetes will be under control as well
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go as far as calling a specific food unhealthy since there is nutritional value in all foods. However, Ive noticed that my body rejects foods that are high in grease (like lays potato chips) and at times eggs (every since I became a vegetarian). So, what I learnt from this: never give up sugar since I do not want my body to reject sugary foods. It already rejects oreos :-(
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Its calorie dense.

lol ok

mcdonalds is unhealthy. chemicals, preservatives to allow it to survive through nuclear war, etc.

That's completely wrong I'm afraid and has been debunked for a while now. Feel free to read this excellent article about how all burgers (the size and shape of a mcdonalds) can survive a nuclear war.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html?ref=carousel

There is no such thing as unhealthy food - all food is good in moderation. :bigsmile:

If you eat a low fat diet and then eat a high fat food your body could react as it is not use to the fat. Also you should never underestimate the power of the mind - telling yourself something is unhealthy can cause your body to have a physical reaction - well documented in the placebo effect.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy food doesn't contain the nutrients our body demands to live healthy. Conseqeuntly, you may feel ill and lack the energy you need to complete your tasks daily. Unhealthy food contains large amount of suger & it can also demage your liver and heart.

So what happens if you eat "good" food all day, get the nutrients you require, then eat some "unhealthy" food?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy food doesn't contain the nutrients our body demands to live healthy. Conseqeuntly, you may feel ill and lack the energy you need to complete your tasks daily. Unhealthy food contains large amount of suger & it can also demage your liver and heart.

So what happens if you eat "good" food all day, get the nutrients you require, then eat some "unhealthy" food?

You split, via mitosis, into a healthy you and unhealthy you. Duh.
  • DatMurse
    Options

Its calorie dense.

lol ok

That's completely wrong I'm afraid and has been debunked for a while now. Feel free to read this excellent article about how all burgers (the size and shape of a mcdonalds) can survive a nuclear war.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html?ref=carousel

There is no such thing as unhealthy food - all food is good in moderation. :bigsmile:

If you eat a low fat diet and then eat a high fat food your body could react as it is not use to the fat. Also you should never underestimate the power of the mind - telling yourself something is unhealthy can cause your body to have a physical reaction - well documented in the placebo effect.

Foods high in carcinogen, nitrates, heavy metals, transfat, and various chemicals are unhealthy.
    there is no such thing as moderation of any of those. There is nothing good that comes from those products.
    It isnt protein, it isnt calories, it isnt a NUTRIENT at all. it is ****.

If you can tell me the positive physiological functions of all that I listed I will be amazed.

There is something called unhealthy.
    stop being one sided with the whole healthy vs non healthy.

there are foods that are micronutrient dense, less processed and more filling
    you have food that isnt micronutrient dense, caloric dense, and less filling
    both which are fine

then you have food that just has a bunch of heavy metals, carcinogens, and nitrates.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Foods high in carcinogen, nitrates, heavy metals, transfat, and various chemicals are unhealthy.
    there is no such thing as moderation of any of those. There is nothing good that comes from those products.

If you can tell me the positive physiological functions of all that I listed I will be amazed.

both which are fine

then you have food that just has a bunch of heavy metals, carcinogens, and nitrates.

A lot of vegetables are high in nitrates.

As for carcinogens, heavy metals, and trans fats: McDonald's burgers don't contain any of those in any more quantities than a home-cooked burger.

And sushi? Caesar salad? Ugh.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Its calorie dense.

lol ok

both which are fine

Do you eat steak? Spinach? Celery? Fish? They all have or may contain these.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    it smiles because most unhealthy food is delicious
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I use to get sick from greasy food because my fat on most days was much too low. Avocado a day = problem solved.