How often do you weigh in?

Options
124»

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week under the same conditions. Same day.

I weigh because I am still trying to find my TDEE soft spot.

Once I find it, i'm waving bye to the scale. I've gained 6 lbs and lost over 4 inches all around plus 6% body fat.

If I went by my scale i'd have lost my mind.

Say no to the scale ;)
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Officially once a week, but unofficially every morning when I get up! :)

Same here! haha, I always tell myself that I will only weigh myself every Monday...still hasn't happened :P
  • kbunn19
    kbunn19 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think it totally depends on you and what can possibly motivate you or hinder you. I weigh in every 2 weeks only because I find that even though I know its normal to fluctuate in a day I get very discouraged when I see a gain. So this time around, and on this particular journey, I decided to focus less on my scale and weigh in every other Tuesday at the same time!!!
  • HONEYLUVGAL
    HONEYLUVGAL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weighing in more often than once a week is not a great idea from every dr. And nutritionist I have ever asked... weight goes up and fown during the day and can mislead us by every day weigh ins.
  • tshear123
    Options
    once a week. too often can get discouraging.
  • BOBCAT620
    Options
    Weighing in daily is very important for me. It gives me a daily reality check. If I have gained a pound or two I look back at my sheets to see where I can improve. Sometimes it's just water weight. Not much to do about it. I weigh when I get up, after a trip to the potty. I need the daily reality checks. Does it make me a slave to my scales as many say ? If so, so what ? I'm losing weight ! Not as drastic as having parts removed, lips stapled or taking dangerous pills. I record every day and weekly I check the " reports / weight " page. My meal plan starts about 15 minutes after I get out of bed. It's the first thing I do each and every day. The plan changes, sort of evolves as the day goes on.... it's not a problem for me so long as the numbers are good. Sometimes I need to adjust UPWARDS. When I don't log, I gain. When I don't weigh in, I gain. I only have 199.4 lbs to go ! Recently when I purchased a prepaid burial plan the saleslady told me matter of factly " You know, we charge by the pound . " She chuckled and said I was going to tell you we'd have to cut you in half and roast you in two pieces ".:laugh: If i don't laugh everyday I'll eat and cry.
    Good Luck to you. I found prayer helps a lot.
  • Turtle1794
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and then record it on MFP if I lost anything. :)
  • karlbrow
    karlbrow Posts: 8
    Options
    Every other week, strictly. i know where I'm at, and the scale makes me feel bad. It seems I usually lose something every other, I need the positive reinforcement and time to succeed......
  • LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-in day is Sunday but sometimes I will weigh myself mid-week just to make sure I am on track to reach my weekly goals. When I first started trying to lose weight and bought a new scale I would weigh my self several times a day but that got old fast. I was making myself crazy! I eat way too much salt ( I am slowly trying to cut back ) and my weight fluctuates as much as 5lbs in one day O.o
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Considering I fluctuated 2lbs in one day, I don't see the point in me weighing every week, I may even delay it until every month, and keeping track of my measurements, too. I know i'll just obsess over it otherwise...
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning but only count it on Friday
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Everyday. And I will log a loss if I see it two days in a row.
  • Falyesai
    Falyesai Posts: 41
    Options
    I try to weigh in every day as a habit. But I also try to take gains/losses during the week as fluctuation. I try to only take serious the saturday weigh log ins to see what I am losing per week. (I have a dry erase calendar in my bathroom that I log my weight onto each day)
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I weigh myself every time I go to the bathroom (which is where the scale is). I don't know why, but I feel like if I weigh myself all the time, it motivates me more to lose weight.

But I record my weight whenever I see progress in weight loss. If I see a number that I haven't seen before, I will definitely log that.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    When I was losing the bulk of my weight, only on Friday. For the last year every day. 1) I like to see how my body reacts to things & 2) my OCD demands it at this point.