My hips look huge :/

Options
I'm not sure if they're really or if they just look it to me. I'm not even sure how you work on your hip/butt/thigh area but I need to do something!

Replies

• Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your hips look fine! :)
    Your figure looks perfect! Wish I looked like you!
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    No really though...how do you slim your hips down? lol!
  • kfelux
    kfelux Posts: 34
    Options
    Your hips look fine! :)
    Your figure looks perfect! Wish I looked like you!

Ditto this. x100000000 :wink:
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    Thanks, I still feel like they're big!
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well if you find out how to slim them down please tell me haha!
    Mine are huge! I darent post a pic because they're massive :p
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    LOL ok I will when I find out the secret to it haha!
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, welcome fellow pear shape!

Seriously though, blame genetics for this one. Only thing I've found that works the "saddle bag" area is leg lifts, squats, and lunges. Basically anything that will work your bum and legs will eventually work it's way to your outer thigh/hip. But it'll take time. That's where your body likes to keep it's fat, so that's where it'll lose it from last.

Good luck!
  • Fobado
    Fobado Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    Thei'r fine, propotional to the rest of your body, and you cant do nothing to that, its genetics, you can lower body fat in that area by lower your estrogen levels, but im not into that area.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Squats and lunges. But you can do a million of them and still feel like your hips are "huge". What you also need is to look at yourself a little more realistically.
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    I used to not have this problem. I swear I hit 30 and BAM there is was lol! :laugh:
  • lagiggles18
    lagiggles18 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you look fine now we all wish we looked like you but keep us posted on the hip slimming dilema:wink:
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Are you fishing? You're a woman with a feminine hot shape. Hips aren't a bad thing!
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    I guess I have just never had hips like this. They seriously appeared out of nowhere!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    1. You can't spot reduce fat. Lose fat in general and your body chooses where from.

2. You're hips don't look that big.

3. That's your natural body shape. It's sexy. Embrace it, don't fit it.

4. My hips/*kitten* are 41".
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about my belly. I've always had a larger bum and legs, but at least I had a GREAT waist. Now... not so much :(
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    :noway: DAMN GIRL :love:
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    Ahhhh, welcome fellow pear shape!

Seriously though, blame genetics for this one. Only thing I've found that works the "saddle bag" area is leg lifts, squats, and lunges. Basically anything that will work your bum and legs will eventually work it's way to your outer thigh/hip. But it'll take time. That's where your body likes to keep it's fat, so that's where it'll lose it from last.

Good luck!

I'm a pear too and am very slowly and frustratingly realizing the above. Its where my body is happy keeping its fat and its a fight to get the fat off. I do squats, butt bridges, lunges, and donkey kicks every single day in an effort to try to "encourage" more muscle than fat in those areas. I can feel the muscle increasing under the fat so I can only assume its just a matter of time before I win the battle!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Just as long as they don't lie, everything will be fine.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Are you fishing for compliments?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    No really though...how do you slim your hips down? lol!

Get different parents