My hips look huge :/

Options

Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    nah they don't look huge, you just got curves. you can't spot reduce and it's probably just how you are built now.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Your hips are fine! But hey, I can understand there's always something on all of us we want to change.
    Sometimes we do have what we have though - even when I was a 100lb ballerina, I still had a butt. (It wasn't til I was older I learned to appreciate it.)
    You might be able to do a little for your size, but not so much your SHAPE. And shapes are good btw.
    As already mentioned here, you can do things to reduce fat all over but not spot reduce, so focus on that & love the rest of yourself. :smile:
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help. I was told on squats your knees shouldn't go past your toes. I will try to get my form down before doing heavy weights. What weight should I be using on those?

To those who think I am fishing, I'm not. I am honestly asking about working on something that bothers me personally. I would never say you're fishing if you asked a question as I don't see that is supportive at all and I thought that is what this is all about.
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    brazil butt lift! try it!

I've always wanted to try this and never have. I may see if a friend will let me try hers out!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Body dysmorphia

Check this topic, then listen to what others tell you.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's your shape. I'm slightly pear shaped (bigger on bottom than on top) and no matter what my weight has been, I look the same proportionally. When I was 155lbs (I'm 5'6") I had big thighs and hips (big boobs too) and when I was 112lbs my thighs and hips weren't considered big but they were still the biggest part of my body and my boobs disappeared. That's just how it goes. I do lots of squats and lunges to add muscle definition which helps how they look though
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    I'm a pear too, as much or more than you. I think when I get to my goal weight, I still will be. It's genetics, I guess.
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    I guess so, don't get me wrong I don't hate my body or anything I would just like to slim that area up a little.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    No really though...how do you slim your hips down? lol!

Get different parents

:laugh: ^^^ Yep. Saddle bags are genetic.
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    lol Well I better keep my parents I kind of like em lol!
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Please leave them alone!
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    I think I need to tone it up a bit :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Are you fishing for compliments?

You obviously like your body and hips enough to make it a profile picture. The only person's opinion that will ever REALLY ever matter is yours.

Quitcher *****in' miss perfect hips. Mine can squash yours cos they're triple the size. So nya nya!

Oh, and have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    Are you fishing for compliments?

You obviously like your body and hips enough to make it a profile picture. The only person's opinion that will ever REALLY ever matter is yours.

Quitcher *****in' miss perfect hips. Mine can squash yours cos they're triple the size. So nya nya!

Oh, and have a great day. :flowerforyou:

I didn't know how to post a picture on the board. So I thought I could get some tips. But thanks for the flower.
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options

Thanks
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    Someone suggested that you might try increasing your upper body - but then the picture only shows your waist, hips and thighs...but if you think you need to increase what's on top...go for it I guess.

From a male perspective, the proportion looks very sexy to me
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Umm, you look a lot hotter than I do with no hips.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think your hips look great. I'd love to look like that

But the only suggestion i have is leg exercises (lunges, squats, and some heavy lifting) to help lower bf% and your hips will eventually slim down
  • JustAGirl0916
    Options
    I think your hips look great. I'd love to look like that

But the only suggestion i have is leg exercises (lunges, squats, and some heavy lifting) to help lower bf% and your hips will eventually slim down

Thanks will be doing some lunges and squats tonight...Oh question how heavy of lifting are we talking about for someone just starting?