How far up/down from your age would you date?

Replies

• maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    The real question is how far up and down your weight would you date?
    I thought it was asking if you'd date a butterface.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    I am 33...husband is almost 25. B-)
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    I'm 36...so 30-50
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    I'm 26- so 24-40s (I say 40s because at that point it really depends on the individual and how they wear/act their age etc)
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    42 is my cut off
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    I'm 40.

From experience... 32-50.

My current "crush" is 32 and it seems to work fine. I've also recently dated a really hot 50 year old. So yeah... Whatever... I'm game!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    I married the only woman I ever dated, 32 years ago. I don't have a clue what dating is anymore!!!

But it seems to me that if you have shared interest +/- 10 years or so seems natural (provided they're over the age of 17 :tongue: ).
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    I generally stay within 10 years either side (28-48), but I've stretched it to 17 years older and 15 years younger. Yowza! I'm an equal opportunity dater.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    18-24
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'd prefer 5 years up or down, just to keep it in the same generation. I want to have something in common, you know, like familiar pop culture references. My in-laws are 15 years apart and they just don't get each other's jokes or cultural references or anything. I love being able to say, "Remember that?" and have my husband totally get me. But to each her own.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    im 29 and my range would be 27-37
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    26-38
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    I am 37

21-45 and have dated both ends of that range.
  • mercedesbenz5979
    mercedesbenz5979 Posts: 132 Member
    30-38
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    apparently 13 years older… I married him!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    I'm 46. I get hit on by a lot of 20-somethings. They are fun to play with : )

+/- 10 is my usual limit.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    I've dated 7 years older and 11 years younger. Both long term - 7 and 8 years respectively.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    I don't like to date anyone the same age or younger then me... I prefer older...less then 8 years preferably..... Sad thing is my current boyfriend is 6 months younger

I have never dated anyone besides him younger then myself but the oldest I went was 14 years older then myself
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    The real question is how far up and down your weight would you date?

I don't go by weight. I go by similar fitness goals. I mean my husband is a lot taller and more muscular than me, and I'm pretty slim, so of course he's gonna weigh a lot more than me. But I know what you're getting at. Someone like me needs a partner who is a bit more active, outdoorsy, and into healthy habits. I wouldn't be happy with a total couch potato or someone who spent a lot of time in a buffet line. It's all about shared values for me. My man doesn't need to be perfect - he can even carry a few extra pounds, but he needs to show a certain level of respect for his health and be willing to go out and do the kinds of active things I like to enjoy.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I'm married to a man who will be 45 this year...I'm 38 he is the 1st older man I have been with. I've gone 6 years younger than me.