How far up/down from your age would you date?

Options

Replies

• LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the man. I am 28 and dated a 34 year old recently that was immature as all hell (my cat was less of a ***** than he was) and I've met younger guys that are a lot more mature. That being said, I couldn't see dating someone more than 10 years older than me, and wouldn't go more than a year or two younger than me.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    Probably about 24-45....I'm 26

Hey how you doin lol
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've dated men up to 7 years younger and 13 years older, but prefer to stay within the +/- 3 range. But, age is just a number; I'm more interested in his ability to make me laugh, smile, and challenge me intelectually in everyday conversation.
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I think 5 years up or down. Of course, there can be exceptions based on the individual...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    i'm 39.....i say 29-45....:blushing:
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My friends think I am crazy but I tend to be attracted to the maturity and lifestyles of men that are a few years older than I am and usually am annoyed by guys that are my age. So, age range that I would date? I'm 25. So... 25-37. I'd go 12 years older than I am... max.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Being married, I would date nobody at this point. However, that being said, to me it is relative.... At 20, my range was far less than when I was 30... I was 32 when I married my 26 YO wife... yet, had I been 20 when we started dating, I would have been in jail (not to mention it just would not be right)... If for some unfortunate reason, I found myself needing companionship at 75 YO, I would think 10-15 years would not be unreasonable... depends on compatibility and what you are looking for in a relationship...
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, I wouldn't date younger than me... but I would date up to about 28, or so the oldest.
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    32-48ish. I'm 39. I'm more interested in a good sense of humor and an adventurous side. If he's got those two things, he's golden.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I've dated people 1 year younger to 14 years older.

I tend to go for mature men who have their head on their shoulders and that usually ends up being older men but I don't have a set age range... it's just how it's worked out.

I think my limit on older age would be when my parents start to get uncomfortable lol.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, my last boyfriend is currently 38, but the oldest guy I dated is now 45. Age isn't really important to me!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I'm 26, I would date up to age 32. So +6.

Men over 35 who aren't married or established are like a big red flag.

And I'm not attracted to significantly older men. Maybe because I have a good relationship with my father (ie. No daddy issues) and he is only 50.

I wouldn't date younger, with one exception (someone I never got over) who is 11 months younger than me.

Dating younger for me is not ideal, I have more responsibilities than most single 26 year olds : child, work school.

Most younger guys or even guys under 30 have a hard time accepting that unfortunately.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 & very happily married

BUT if I wasn't I wouldn't go younger than 30, giggly young girls drive me nuts

& not much older, haven't had the hots for anyone over 55
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not younger, and up to ten years older used to be my rule of thumb, now I'm happily in love with someone 16 years older than me and have never been happier. So I guess it depends on the person!
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Im 19 and would not date anyone my age or younger and would go up to age 35
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, so most younger guys are still at the immature stage :laugh: . I'd go up to 23, maybe 24.
    when I'm older the age gap could be bigger, but for now no more than 24 even though the "formula" says 29
  • bcchick33
    bcchick33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    the rule is half your age plus 7 is the youngest you can go. so, I guess for older... as long as you are within "half their age plus 7"
  • MurrayBigH
    MurrayBigH Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Id date up one post
  • bjemar5
    bjemar5 Posts: 61
    Options
    18- 28
  • pmcovert415
    pmcovert415 Posts: 1,472
    Options
    I am 42 I would go either 10 up or down