How far up/down from your age would you date?

Options

Replies

• MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6 years younger than me and I never dated or thought about dating anyone that much younger before ... keep your options open folks and don't rule out someone based on age alone ... says the 40 year old woman with the 34 year old husband, :smooched:

Cashback!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    32-42 and I'm 35.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    30-45...im 35
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    0 up - down to 22 - forever :)
  • 01gringo
    01gringo Posts: 5
    Options
    34........to .........55

I'm 45
  • xBethanyJadex
    Options
    20 - 30!! I'm 22. :)
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 39. I can barely tolerate guys my own age, so I probably wouldn't date any further down than about 35. As for the high end, my ex husband is 60, and my current boyfriend is 58. I don't think I'd go higher than 60, though.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 18 years younger than me, when we're through, I'm through. Could never imagine dating a man my age.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    17 - 70
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    24-35 (I'm 22 )
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 35. I don't dig younger men but holy HELL do I like older men. 40-50. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 25...I'd say 18 (as long as they were out of high school) to 35. Maybe up to 40...it depends.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I mainly like older men. Ive only dated one guy my age. He was an *kitten*, nuff said. My husband is 40...im 30 Hes almos 11 years older than me. I dated a guy 16 years older than me, I was 20 he was 36. I dont think I would date anyone older than my parents though...just couldnt get past that weirdness.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If I'm attracted to them, then I'm attracted to them.

Girls under 20 don't tend to have the maturity I like (but that doesn't mean some don't - I've got on pretty well with various less-stereotpyical uni students in the last few years - and further, that's not suggesting I'm in any way 'mature' myself :-P) and generally I wouldn't go much over my own age of 33 - but I certainly wouldn't care about a number if the other stuff was right.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've only dated one younger guy and he was only 8 months younger than me. I prefer older guys and the oldest guy I dated was 15 years older than me when I was 20 (though, I only thought he was 10 years older than me... translation: HE LIED). So, I'd say, 30-40 (I'll be 32 in July).
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    If I'm attracted to them, then I'm attracted to them.

Girls under 20 don't tend to have the maturity I like (but that doesn't mean some don't - I've got on pretty well with various less-stereotpyical uni students in the last few years - and further, that's not suggesting I'm in any way 'mature' myself :-P) and generally I wouldn't go much over my own age of 33 - but I certainly wouldn't care about a number if the other stuff was right.

18 and 19 year olds have the maturity that I like ;)

(Hint: physical maturity)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I dated someone 5 years younger and on the flip side thought of dating someone 19 years older (until he turned out to be a racist crazy guy).
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Happily married to a man that is 8 years my senior. Never dated someone much younger.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My age or older. I ain't got time to train a new puppy. Unless the bank roll ends in millions, then age is no matter. :laugh:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 30. Strangely enough, most of the guys I have dated have either been younger (by as much as 3 years) or older by 5 to 10 years.

Being more self-aware now and more sure of what I am looking for, I would say I prefer 5+ years older as a general rule. That is not to say I wouldn't date someone younger or closer to my own age. I know not everyone fits the stereotypes. But these days, it seems that guys resist becoming adults until they're in their late 30s.