• diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    Done my 30 for the day
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm missing something.

I've been doing about 200 crunches a day for the past three weeks, sometimes more, but 200 average. I used to split them up in 4 sets of 25 in the a.m. while Im at the gym, and the other 100 I do at night after 30 day shred (actually more than 200 since 30 day shred have crunches in there also).

Anyway....is everyone doing 30 for the day and thats it? I'm trying to figure out where it says DAY 1 for 30 crunches, is that 30 everytime you do crunches that day or just 30 TOTAL for the day?

I feel stupid asking this, just want to make sure. thanks.
  • Sogj76
    Sogj76 Posts: 21
    Options
    sure!
  • AngieSitaAustin
    AngieSitaAustin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop fancy a challenge....im in
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Sure!! Ill put these ab muscles to work!
  • monacooper5
    Options
    Count me in!
  • monacooper5
    Options
    Count me in!:smile:
  • wizkklx
    wizkklx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    pannellkat,

They mean a total of 30 for the day, hopefully all at once.

I didn't look at your photos so I don't know how fit you are but do you find it challenging to do 200 each day? I wonder if you are doing them slightly wrong... I found them very easy until I got a trainer and she corrected me (a very slight difference in bring my chin toward the ceiling instead of toward my knees) - instantly harder!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    pannellkat,

They mean a total of 30 for the day, hopefully all at once.

I didn't look at your photos so I don't know how fit you are but do you find it challenging to do 200 each day? I wonder if you are doing them slightly wrong... I found them very easy until I got a trainer and she corrected me (a very slight difference in bring my chin toward the ceiling instead of toward my knees) - instantly harder!

When I first started in february of this year, I could barely do ten without struggling and wanting to cry. I do different variations of crunches between bicycle crunches to reverse crunches to regular crunches and I'm very big on "form" or at least watching my form. There have been times where I caught myself extending my neck or using my neck to lift and then I will correct myself. I do find it challenging yes of course...but I feel stronger and more educated on form than I did a few months ago when I started. My bff is a trainer at 24 hour fitness, I'm meeting up with her this weekend, I think I will have her check out those crunch forms just in case lol.
  • CherJem
    CherJem Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm late on this but I am in. I will start with day 1 today
  • MzJanelleee
    Options
    I'm a bit late but count me in. I will start tonight after work!
  • btrflyrider
    btrflyrider Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5 days late for this but I am in. Starting with day 1,,,right now!!! :bigsmile:
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Day 5... 40 crunches DONE....
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join if its not too late! I guess I'll just be a bit behind.

It's never too late! I started a 30 day squat challenge half way into it! it is better to start late than never :)
  • Dinerarose
    Options
    Hi, it's funny I came across this post, as the other day one of my mfp friends had a post about her stomach being a big issue for her and she mentioned seeing as she was a part of a 30 day squat challenge if anyone would be interested in starting a 30 day crunch challenge and I immediately said yes count me in as thats my problem area as well, I had mentioned that she should start the challenge seeing as she suggested it, but I have been waiting for her to start the challenge and she hasn't so I am quite happy to come across this post, I will also tell my MFP friend about this as well, maybe she will join in. So yes count me in!!!
    I will try to knock out day 1 and 2 today, then do day 3 tomorrow, so I won't be too far behind.
  • HeadedToHealthy
    HeadedToHealthy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    40 crunches DONE!! haha might not quite cover the ice cream I had today but I am taking it one day at a time!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done!
  • mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm in, starting Wednesday May 1.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot....Although I may include some oblique crunches and lower ab ones....Sounds like a neat idea.
  • danastiles73
    danastiles73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a squat challenge & I'm going to do this as well.