What Is It About Bacon?

Options

Replies

• Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I love thick-cut pork bacon because it tastes and smells good. So good that I had five slices of it for breakfast on Sunday and four slices as part of my lunch today

It looks very pretty on top of waffles and/or inside pancakes. Did I already mention it tastes good as well?

Bacon bits in dark chocolate bars rule. And yup, they look and taste very pretty.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I love bacon as a side or flavoring, but I'm more of a breakfast sausage girl myself.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love bacon. Not the healthiest choice, but since it's in thin strips, it doesn't have THAT many calories a pop.
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's meat candy.

so true..
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    BACON : The world's most perfect food.

BACON : I have a Christmas ornament of the Patron Saint of Bacon

BACON : I used to buy 5 of the pre-cooked Costco packages and 2 bags of bacon bits every couple of months.

BACON : I take 1 pre-cooked package of bacon with me on vacation to add to the free waffle breakfast at La Quinta Inn.

BACON : I must stop now to wipe up the drool.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It's okay, but I find it too salty for my taste. I never buy it intentionally, but if I go out to eat and my salad has bacon crumbles or something, I don't mind.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    In South Korea, at their traditional "Korean barbecue" restaurant, they cut hugely thick cuts of pork belly and we roasted it over hot coals. Oh &%$#@! It was AMAZING! Half inch THICK, roasted bacon. I ate until I almost made myself sick. Bacon Heaven ! ! !
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I can take bacon or leave it, it's no big deal to me. I've eaten it more since starting this new lifestyle, well moreso weeks ago when I was trying to go low carb. But I haven't eaten it in weeks and honestly wouldn't bother me if I never did again. It doesn't gross me out, nor turn me on, I'm just blah about it. Meanwhile I cook it most weekends for Sunday breakfast for the family and very rarely have I been tempted to have a piece.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Love it! But it has to be totally crisp for me. Won't eat it if it is not crisp.
    A co-worker made "candy bacon" for our Christmas party. EVERYONE asked for the recipe. It was just 1# of bacon baked in the oven with 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper mixed together and sprinkled over the bacon and baked until crisp. It was the one food that I ate that I felt guilty about eating at the party.

Turkey bacon is not bacon, tried it, hated it.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, I've grown quite tired of hearing how awesome bacon is over and over and over on the internet. YES WE GET IT. You like bacon.
  • lcardullo
    lcardullo Posts: 22
    Options
    Okay - I don't like fat.....gives me the creeps, but lean bacon like center cut that is cooked right....OMG.....it's good. And it doesn't take much to really improve the flavor of vegetables!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    It's meat candy.

QFT
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly, I've grown quite tired of hearing how awesome bacon is over and over and over on the internet. YES WE GET IT. You like bacon.

Thank you. :drinker:
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It's meat candy.
    ^this! Im gunna make a bacon and egg pie for dinner tonight... wont be having as much as I used to but I know my family will enjoy it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like bacon it's good is it my favorite meat?...eh give me a nice filet minon. How come we dont hear a much ado about duck pate` and how good it is on everything or chorizo MMMMMMM now that is truly the meat of the Gods.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    What is it about bacon that makes people like it so much?
    It tastes like bacon.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like bacon but don't eat it regularly since I heard a radio ad that made the point that pigs are smarter than a 2 year old, and I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and it just doesn't seem right somehow to eat something smarter than they are (just try playing hide the iPhone from the baby a few times and you will see what I mean).
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i think the allure is in the unhealthy, "forbidden" aspect. you aren't going to find many people going on and on about the benefits of how healthy bacon is. since it shouldn't be eaten in large amounts, it becomes that much more desirable. that aside, the high fat content is probably what does a lot of people in. fat makes pretty much ANYTHING taste better. lol.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks you just reminded me I still have homemade bacon in the fridge, its now in the pan for lunch :D