What do you drink when you go out?

Options

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Sparkling or soda water with lime (cordial or fruit, if available), tonic water - not slimline as it has aspartame in it - with or without lime/lemon. Fruit juices, often mixed with sparkling water, ginger beer (non-alcoholic). If I'm having alcohol, usually sparkling (lowest cal's) or white wine, occasionally an alcoholic ginger beer, G&T or Pimms in the summer. Most spirit-based classic cocktails are surprisingly low in calories also - a martini or sidecar comes in beween 50 and 200 cals, depending on how it's made - if you want a lot of alcoholic bang for your calorific buck!
  • AlexNeedsHelp
    Options
    Sonj-poops
    PLENTY of options: orange juice and either lemonade or soda is good: Actually lemonade itself if you like that sort of thing.
    I think the cordial and soda water has already been mentioned
    J2O though they're probably quite sugary aren't they?
    But I think quite a few pubs these days are getting into elderflower and/or Schleur territory too. There's even Appletiser - which was offered to my boys as "apple juice" not so long ago!!
    :-)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Any time I am going out to eat - i always just get water - with lemon wedges on the side to squeeze into the water. I rarely EVER get anything else. I am already out and eating and spending money, i try to choose wisely both for my wallet and my body.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    dont go to the pub

iced tea, water, coffee are good options
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    club soda with lime is a nice choice, or club soda with cranberry juice. Club soda is high in sodium, tho, but it tastes nice.
  • chrisvinci
    Options
    Scotch on the rocks. 69 calories per serving. Or a glass of red wine if you really want to indulge in calories of about 140 a glass. The best part is if you don't want water, alcohol is better than any soft drinks.
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I'm out I drink grape vodka and plain water. If I go to a party I will get Skinny tangerine flavored vodka and drink that with water. Less cals and proof than regular vodka. Only 60 proof which is good for me cuz I don't want to get too tipsy because then I won't want to wokout the next day and it slows your metabolism.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just drink water. No reason to fancy it up. Lots of ice because I like water coldcoldcold.

Sometimes I have coffee, depending where and what time I go out.
  • gmital
    gmital Posts: 2
    Options
    Water with a fresh lemon slice is very refreshing.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My old standby is unsweetened tea. Meh...its not that bad once you get used to it. Maybe put in a lemon slice or something. Drinks are just so not worth the calories to me anymore.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    dont go to the pub

That's hard in the UK...its the center of a lot of UK socializing. Even if you don't drink. We live in a small village and there are THREE pubs all within walking distance and several more you could drive to in less than 5 minutes. I never understood the pub culture until I moved to the UK.

OP, I have cut way back on alcohol and we went to the pub Friday night with friends. I drank lime and soda all night, even though my friend kept asking me if I wanted a glass of wine. I like the taste...its really low in calories, plus I get to watch all the other people get tipsy and laugh :) Plus I don't wake up with a terrible hangover any more!!!
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I always have water with lemon.

Occasionally, if it's my first meal of the day and it's later, like after 4pm, kind of a dinner, and I got out.. I'll have a coke with my meal. But at the most it's maybe a can or so worth. I don't gulp it down.

But really if your going out and really need to get a soda, count the calories of it and adjust accordingly. I'd stick with water though. Makes the bill cheaper and the calories cheaper :D
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    If your not jazzed about drinking plain water, mabe you could bring some crystal light packets, or a mio to add some flavor, sugar free of course!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Club Soda and lime....or tonic water and lime? Tonic Water has quite a few calories but the diet option is good and tastes the same to me.

Or do the club soda with a splash of cranberry or OJ.

Sorry if these have already been suggested:)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I don't drink but when out it's usually iced tea or a diet soft drink, I will also my MIO to water.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have either water with lemon or unsweetened iced tea.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It depends. I almost ALWAYS drink water everywhere I go. But I have occasional glasses of wine or coffee. Never soda. It's just not worth it IMO.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Jack Daniels :D
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If you don't like diet drinks and would rather have something other than water I suggest iced tea. I can't stand diet sodas either so tea is typically my go to option if I don't want an alcoholic beverage or to take a hit on calories when I'm out to eat. Other than that I don't really have much help for you. Sorry!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Water with Lemon. Unsweetened iced tea. Citron & diet coke with a slice of lemon or lime. Cranberry juice/soda water mix.