Help me out! Where are you at and how far have you come?

Options

Replies

• saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My biggest revelation from my journey: it's 80% diet and 20% activity. You'll never out run your fork.

I love that!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What was your starting weight?
    -What's your target?
    -What are you now?
    -How many calories/day do you consume?
    -When did you start your weight loss journey?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

My starting weight was 184
    May target was 150
    I am currently 140
    When I started 1200 a day plus half my exercise calories back, Now 1750 and I don't always reach that, I do not eat my exercise calories back.
    I started Aug 1 2011

I have lost 44 Lbs to date, i work out 4 to 5 days a week. I now know what my body needs to fuel it and what it's going to do if I don't eat well. This is no longer a diet or a lifestyle change, this is now how I live and I love it.

You can not think of it as a "DIET". Diet, to me, means deprivation and misery.... I do not deprive my body of something I want, I allow myself to have it, within moderation....... Change your lifestyle and your eating habits and you will see change, and it will be amazing!

So take before pics and take them monthly, you will see a change!

Best of luck to you!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    *Highest weight 262,
    *Joined MFP 1 yr ago at 257. (April 22, 2012)
    *Down 65 lbs from there and 12 lbs away from my first major goal of 180
    *I'm at 1400 cals but will be increasing to 1600 soon
    *After I get to 180, I will continue to count calories and exercise to see where I end up
    *I also plan to become a Personal Trainer
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? I started at 165 then joined MFP when I hit about 155

-What's your target? 118 because I'm at 124 now and could be tighter.

-What are you now? 124 pounds

-How many calories/day do you consume? Well I started at 1200, then bumped up 4 months later to 1400, then to 1600, now I'm bumping down to 1400 since I've stalled and I'm assuming my body doesn't need 1600 if I'm maintaining weight and have been for a few months.

-When did you start your weight loss journey? I started over a year ago. January 1, 2012
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 415 range LAST January, 360 THIS January when I got serious about it due to medical conditions
    -What's your target? 260, then reevaluate if I can loose more
    -What are you now? Just about to break through 300 for the first time in I can't remember when!
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I've been SHOOTING for 1400-1500, but really should be higher, working on eating enough (Medical reasons for a carb restriction, which cuts out a TON of calories for me.)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? It started LAST January, but I didn't get serious about it until THIS January.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Starting weight - 260 pounds, November 2009
    Goal weight - 157
    Current weight - about 175

Just recently increased my NET calorie goal to 1700 to be more in line with the TDEE-15% concept. No loss yet but I did indulge a bit last week so it wasn't a true test. However, I will say that I'm seeing less fluctuations.which I think is a good sign.
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    SW 202
    CW 161
    GW 136
    Started Jan. 1, 2013
    41 pounds lost in 4 months
    Goal is August 2013 to be 136 pounds
    Viki
  • pmurphy5318
    Options
    I started this time(Jan.17, 2013) at 223. My goal Is 150. I am currently at 183. I eat between 1300-1600 calories per day. I eat a gluten free diet and eat a lot of protein. I use my bodymedia arm band to see where I am at through out the day with calories burned.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)
    My starting weight was 185 on Jan. 4th, 2013
    My target has been 130, but I may feel differently once I reach that goal. I really am more focused on general health and fitness and body fat percentage. I'd like to be between 20 and 25 percent BF.
    I now weigh 153 pounds, and have lost 32 pounds. :) I feel fantastic!
    I fiddled with my MFP goal to get it to give me something like 1,400 per day...it's at 1,390 cal per day. I almost always exercise and I eat back close to what I've used...sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more.

If I have a social event to attend, I can tend to go over somewhat, but not usually more than what I would have burned for the day anyway. Since most of my social events involve concerts or some sort of live music, dancing, walking a lot, etc...that can be quite a bit.
    My biggest thing is clean foods lifestyle, which is my preference anyway, so no big chore. I've been packing healthy food choices to go with me on my journeys for years, so that is a habit now. I'm never without some healthy munchie available. :)
    So, even on a social day, when I may go over my goal, it is mostly healthy foods anyway.

My one stray from this is that I may have 2 to 4 beers or hard ciders while I'm out....depends on the type of event. Since I don't do that very often...maybe once or twice a month at most, I don't worry 'bout it.
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I started in June, 2011 at 430 lbs. I'm now at 260 lbs. My goal is 180 (BMI below 25). I had the gastric band surgery in April, 2012
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    SW 220

CW 195

GW 184

Been at it for a year, combined with a "boot camp" at the office three times a week. Been on a weight plateau since Thanksgiving, but have lost a lot of inches. I usually eat 12-1700 net calories per day.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4
    SW: Around 143 in January
    CW: 130
    GW: (Started at 130; now I'm just focused on getting a 25 inch waist. Don't care about weight.)
    Diet: 1400 calories plus eating back most exercise calories
    Exercise: C25K (now training for a 10k) and combo of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and her 6 week 6 pack abs

Started this in January. Had a stomach flu for two weeks in March that sped up weight loss but slowed down training for 10k.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

-What was your starting weight? 212
    -What's your target? 135, reasses from there
    -What are you now? 148.8
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I started at 1200 I upped it to my bmr and eat on average at least 1500/day
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? I originally started my journey April last year fell off the wagon in October (went from 212 ish down to 165). I restarted I'm February and have l last about 14 lbs since restarting so far

-What was your starting weight? 204
    -What's your target? 140
    -What are you now? 184
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I also started too low at 1200 (MFP calculated that) but figured out finally to go from the BMR/TDEE number and upped it to 1400 and lose weight much more consistently with those calories :)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? February 17th 2013....just about 2 1/2 months ago
  • JustCallMe_Lee
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 213
    -What's your target? 150 ish or whenever I feel confortable in a two piece!
    -What are you now? 181
    -How many calories/day do you consume? as of last week-1200, but before it was 1600 or so
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? January 2012, half-heartedly
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

-What was your starting weight? 212
    -What's your target? 135, reasses from there
    -What are you now? 148.8
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I started at 1200 I upped it to my bmr and eat on average at least 1500/day
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? I originally started my journey April last year fell off the wagon in October (went from 212 ish down to 165). I restarted I'm February and have l last about 14 lbs since restarting so far

-What was your starting weight? 204
    -What's your target? 140
    -What are you now? 184
    -How many calories/day do you consume? I also started too low at 1200 (MFP calculated that) but figured out finally to go from the BMR/TDEE number and upped it to 1400 and lose weight much more consistently with those calories :)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? February 17th 2013....just about 2 1/2 months ago
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 313

-What's your target? 140 It's just above healthy on BMI charts and I may keep going, but I needed a number to shoot for when I started this.

-What are you now? 199.4

-How many calories/day do you consume? 1700 It decreases as I lose weight which is getting annoying because I don't get as much food to eat. I go by the TDEE-20%, eating what I want in moderation. I've never eaten back exercise calories.

-When did you start your weight loss journey? January 9, 2012
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 130
    -What's your target? 110
    -What are you now? 113
    -How many calories/day do you consume?I usually eat between 1250 and 1350 per day plus any makeup exercise calories

-When did you start your weight loss journey? Three years ago. I took about a year, going very slowly and carefully, to drop from 130 to 115. Then I got divorced and the stress took me from 115 down to 101 in three months! Over the last year I shot back up to 117 and I'm trying once again to get back to my ideal weight of 110. I am a Very Petite person, so every little pound shows. I just switched to MyFitnessPal from MyNetDiary so the history really isn't available, but if I don't track everything, I tend to overindulge. I miss my ice cream....
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 350lbs. in 2009, 317 when I started MFP
    -What's your target? current target is 250lbs, when I reach that I will re-evaluate
    -What are you now? as of this morning 266.5lbs
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 2000cals or slightly more per day
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? This round January 5th this year.

of special note *Stopped :smokin: 2 days into the journey*

That's right weight loss and :smokin: cessation!:drinker: :heart:
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    starting weight 327lbs
    target weight is 163.5 lbs (i make mini goals at a time then re-evaluate. 300, 250, 200, half my starting weight) & then 150 for now)
    currently weigh 198.1lbs
    calories consumed: about 1200 on no excercise days & 1500 on excercise days
    started my journey on december 12, 2011 (500 days ago today)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

-What was your starting weight? 229
    -What's your target? 130s
    -What are you now? 131
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1800-2200 (but I ate between 1700-1800 during most of my weight loss)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? February 2011