Help me out! Where are you at and how far have you come?

Options

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 154lbs
    -What's your target? 135lbs
    -What are you now? 122lbs (trying to get back to 126 which I'm happy at)
    -How many calories/day do you consume? honestly, I don't know. Haven't logged in a while and my appetite keeps waning. It's not enough, I know, but I'm hoping once the stress in my life goes, I'll feel like eating again
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Properly about a year ago
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? -265

-What's your target? My original target was 180 but I'm now focused on dropping my bf% which is currently 10%
    -What are you now? - 155
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1800-2000 per day

-When did you start your weight loss journey? Feb 1st 2012.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 170 lbs

What's your target: 125 lbs

What are you now: 130 lbs

How many calories/day do you consume: I used to consume around 1200/day + part of my excercise. However, I've recently started running a lot (25-35 miles/week), so I've increased them to about 1450/day + all of my excercise calories.

When did you start your weight loss journey? I started in January 2011, where I lost about 30 lbs pretty quickly (by my Wedding in May 2011), then I plateaued forever (although most of that had to do with the fact that I stopped counting calories). Then in January of this year I was training for a Half Marathon and decided to start trying to eat healthy again, and since then I've lost another 10 lbs. Now I just have 5 to go until I reach my goal!
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What was your starting weight?
    -What's your target?
    -What are you now?
    -How many calories/day do you consume?
    -When did you start your weight loss journey?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

Starting weight: 144lbs
    Target: 130lbs
    Now: 136
    Calories a day: NET 1500
    Started: February 2013

(I got down to 133 and then went back up and have been stuck for a few weeks at 136 :-/ I'm about to try eating 1800 calories instead of 1500 because my exercise has increased a lot since I started this whole thing)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? --> 238 lbs
    -What's your target? --> 160 lbs
    -What are you now? --> 231 lbs
    -How many calories/day do you consume? --> 1400-1800 Calories a day
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? --> February 22, 2013

I noticed you said you were eating 1000 calories and now 1200. Please eat more than that. There are so many threads on here that can help you calculate what you should be eating. 1200 is WAY too low.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 221 lbs
    What's your target? 130 lbs
    What are you now? 178 lbs
    How many calories/day do you consume? 1,200 calories/day
    When did you start your weight loss journey? January 2, 2013
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

Start weight: 211lbs
    Now at: 134lbs
    Cals per day: 1400
    Started weightloss journey: A year and a half ago

I lost most of my weight in about a year, about 72lbs. The other 7lbs I lost in about 6 months, just relaxing and upping my calories.
  • lori6542
    lori6542 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 316
    -What's your target? 230 (then reassessing to see how much more I need to lose)
    -What are you now? 260
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1700 - 1800
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? December 16, 2009. That was the day that I had my lap-band surgery. I originally got down to 230 lbs, but gain back 30 lbs due to relapse. It has been a long journey for me because I have had a weight problem since my late thirties. I am now 58 years old and still trying to get to a good weight. My goal is 200 because for me that is a realistic weight, I have not seen 160 since the birth of my daughter, who is now 36, so it has been awhile. Hoping to get myself back to walking, had to quit due to severe bursitis of my right hip. Tried getting the cortisone shot but didn't help me. I am willing to help anyone who needs encouragement or advice, because I know what to do, just don’t listen to myself. If I did I would be at my goal weight. So I know it is a hard journey, but this is a first step. It can be done, “so keep on keeping on” and you will make it.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Okay, going to give you my personal stats first. 30 Years old and 5'3".....

So, my original starting (heaviest) weight was 174 lbs. I lost 10 pounds starving myself to try and make weigh ins last October, which I failed and still weighed in at 164 (160 to pass).

My current target is 130 ish...but I am more focused on Body Fat % and look rather than weight (which is about 18-20%).

Currently, I weigh 148 lbs and am 29% body fat.

I currently eat 1800-1900 caloires a day, and have been eating this way since I began. I actually took the time to look around and read the forums and when I saw that people were losing weight and still eating A LOT (I like food) I was like..."That is the way I wanna go."

I actually got down and dirty with this January 1st. I quit smoking in December and found a different addiction (running). Since then it has been salads at most meals, fresh or frozen veggies, and lots of fresh fruit (have watermelon today, yum!). Since then I have ran 2 5Ks (used to dispise running, now in love with it), started heavy lifting (deadlifts and squats baby!) and pretty much given up soda (I still have one every now and again).
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

180lbs at my highest.

-What's your target?

115lbs.

-What are you now?

123lbs ish.

Right now, trying higher calories and feeling great although not losing weight. I'm currently consuming 1900 calories per day.

Last March. =)
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 199
    -What's your target? 130
    -What are you now? 190
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1300 - 1400
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? started back in 2010 (fell off the wagon) and now April 1st, 2013.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    -What's your target?
    -What are you now?

SW: 290
    TW: 170-180
    CW: 239
    Calories: 1600-2000
    Started: May 2012
    Workout 6 days a week for about an hour each day. Currently doing 30 DS in the morning, and hitting the gym 5-6 days a week for 45 minutes to an hour.

I hit a Plateau at 30 lbs lost, and found out I was not eating enough. Most days I eat around 1700-1800 Calories now.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

Start Weight: 193
    Target Weight: 130
    Current Weight: 171
    I consume anywhere from 1200 to 1600 calories a day.
    I started on November 23, 2012

I will not stop until I reach my goal. Period. (and then after that I will not stop)
  • rowl61
    rowl61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi i started yesterday (23.04.13) my start weight : 147 i would like to get to 130 .
  • lunaliberi
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? At my heaviest I was a size 24 jean, not sure the weight. When I started being serious about my weight loss, I was 255, and in a size 22, 20.

-What's your target? 170 (I want to keep my curves for the most part)

-What are you now? Just got to 220lbs :)

-How many calories/day do you consume? I usually try to stay under 1, 400. I aim for 1, 200'ish.

-When did you start your weight loss journey? Started it seriously a year ago in the middle, end of Feb.
  • ynsurf
    ynsurf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? I started at 406 lbs
    -What's your target? I am on my third target. 210 Lbs I already hit my two other targets of 240 lbs and 225 lbs.
    -What are you now? I weight 221 lbs
    -How many calories/day do you consume? workout days 1500-1700, non-workout days 1350-1475
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? August 1, 2012

It has been a good journey, in that I have become healthier, and have found my true love again.. surfing :-) It has made work and personal life better, and reduced my stress. I have had a great deal of support from Family, friends, my coworkers, my boss and Kaiser (who hooked me up with a nutritionist, psychologist, an RN and a doctor in case I needed surgery. Also this site and the app have helped me get my life back. Good luck to all on their journeys.
  • lorenavanessa
    lorenavanessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 216 (doctor's office)
    -What's your target? 135
    -What are you now? 179
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1450-1550
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 2 years ago
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    -Vital stats? 50 yo female, 5'4"

-What was your starting weight? 232

-What's your target? 140ish or 28%BF

-What are you now? 211 (averaging 5 lbs/mo)

-How many calories/day do you consume? 1800cals/day - I started at the MFP default of 1200cals/day, then found IPOARM and ran the numbers. Set my daily caloric intake to TDEE-25% (b/c I have so much to lose 92lbs), based on moderate activity levels (walk 3 miles/day, cardio @gym 3x/wk, moderate strength training 3x/wk). And I don't eat back my exercise cals.

-When did you start your weight loss journey? I joined MFP in October 2012, but that was all. In February, I started logging all food. In March, I joined a gym and started an exercise program.
  • annemhouse
    annemhouse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started this stage of my weightloss journey (as I have tried and failed a number of times) on January 2nd 2013 when I weighed 89.2 kg (196.6 lbs). My aim is to get down to 60 - 65 kg or around 10 stone. I started off eating 1200 calories but have now increased to 1400. I am currently 75.9 kg :smile: