Help me out! Where are you at and how far have you come?

Options

Replies

• Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 243
    My Target weight is 175
    My weight now is 206
    My calorie count is 1240 daily
    I started my quest July 2012
    :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 228 lbs as of when I started using MFP. I had lost a little weight before using this site, but I wasn't really weighing myself then.

-What's your target? My goal is set at 135 lbs but that might change by about 5-10 lbs depending on how I look and feel when I get there.

-What are you now? Last week I weighed in at 193 lbs

-How many calories/day do you consume? Currently 1630 is what it is set at, but I consume more or less depending on my exercise levels that day, etc. This is I should eat to be losing 1 lb per week. I started off with a lower calorie count in order to lose 1.5 lbs per week, but I have since changed it.

-When did you start your weight loss journey? I started MFP at the beginning of November 2012

Also, i'm 24 years old and 5'7. :)
  • cjmcmillan
    cjmcmillan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 332
    -What's your target? 150
    -What are you now? 247
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1855
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? May 2012
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight?
    -What's your target?
    -What are you now?
    -How many calories/day do you consume?
    -When did you start your weight loss journey?

Hiya *waves*
    I started off at around 172-175lbs.
    My target is to get between 132 and 140lbs.
    Currently, I'm at 149lbs (finally broke free of the 150s on Monday morning's weigh in)
    Originally, I was eating at what MFP had set for me which was around 1400-1500 calories each day, however, after being stuck in a plateau for a few months, I decided to go down the 1200 calories route - this week, I lost 2.2lbs which got me down to 149lbs :smile:
    I started my weight loss journey just over a year ago. I've been a member of MFP for about 2 years but never really got into the swing of things so deleted my account. Reactivated it last year and never looked back :smile:
  • cmart69
    cmart69 Posts: 15
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 270 highest on 12.1.12

-What's your target? 160

-What are you now? 251

- How many calories/day do you consume? started by trying to eat 1200 calories per day. After the scooby site and many calculators I now try to eat between 1450-1650 per day depending on my exercise schedule.

I started this stage of my weightloss journey (as I have tried and failed a number of times) on 2/1/2013. I kept losing/gaining the same weight for the first 6 weeks. I'd barely lost 6lbs from 12/1/12 - 3/15/13....that's a pace of less than 2lbs per MONTH and I was really frustrated! Once I figured out the right amount of calories and got into a decent routine for working out, I started losing weight regularly. Since 3/15 I've lost 13lbs - much better pace and I'm not a crazy person who makes her kids crazy trying to survive on 1200 calories a day. :happy:
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 242.5lbs
    -What's your target? Initial target to get out of the Obese category - Achieved 2nd April. Current target to hit Healthy weight level 154lbs - expected July/August 2012. Will re-evaluate from there.
    -What are you now? 175lbs
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1200 and I rarely eat back exercise calories
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? End of November 2012
  • chadgard
    chadgard Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 270 lbs
    Starting date: 27 December, 2012
    Current Weight: 244.3 lbs

Calories/day:
    Varies widely. My activity level varies as much as 2000 calories on a day that's busy at work, and on the farm (I run a small organic farm), and is a hard workout day vs. a day that's more computer driven at work, frozen on the farm, and a rest day. I use a BodyMedia arm band, and have found it invaluable to track my widely varying activity levels.

I'm currently aiming for a deficit of 500 calories/day, which is a net of 2250 calories. For the first 25 pounds I was aiming for a 750 calorie deficit, but decided to slow down my weight loss as I started to loose lean mass.

Target:
    I set mini-goals, then re-evaluate when I reach them. That said, I think 14% body fat tends to remain an ideal for me. At my current lean body mass, that would make a goal of 202 pounds. There was one point in my adult life when I did have a healthy body composition, and I had 14% bf at the time. But a lot more lean mass - I weighed 248 pounds! I was doing a lot of weight lifting then, and was actively trying to gain muscle mass. However, presently, I'm more interested in functional strength and endurance for work I want to do, and am doing more running, as well as thinking about getting into triathlons. I think a lower weight would be more helpful for that. So, basically, as I progress, I'm constantly re-evaluating what is working and not working with my body compared to the activities I want to do, and moving the target.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 260
    -What's your target? 160 then reevaluate
    -What are you now? 193
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1200
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Feb 17, 2011
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 162
    -What's your target? 110 (I'm 5'0")
    -What are you now? 128
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1300 + (some) exercise cals
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? November 12, 2012

No dietary restrictions, but I do aim to hit my protein targets and eat more veggies than usual (since usual was next to none..)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 265-270lbs
    -What's your target? 160lbs or 20% BF
    -What are you now? 189lbs (though that was 3 weeks ago)
    -How many calories/day do you consume? Never followed a specific diet plan, started by watching portion sizes, then counting calories - 1200/day, then cut out processed foods and increased cals to 1614 (before exercise)
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Jan 2012
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 196
    -What's your target? 160
    -What are you now? 169
    -How many calories/day do you consume? Currently 1580. Was more when I started.
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 02/20/13

I was bulking immediately prior, so the first 10 pounds I lost was mostly water weight, and came off very quickly. I think my daily calories were up around 1700-1800 when I started, and has adjusted down as I've lost weight. Reached a plateau around 10-15 pounds ago, and then starting intermittent fasting with 4-hour eating windows. Has made a huge difference for me, but its not for everyone.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 218 pounds. I am 5'9", 54 year old female.

Current weight 168.5

Goal weight to be determined. I set goals for 5 pounds at a time. Currently I am in a normal BMI range, but the very top of that range.

My daily goal for calories is 1200 if I am sedentary. Exercise days I will sometimes eat half of my earned calories, only If I am extra hungry. I have had many exceptions to this caloric goal over the course of my 50 pound weight loss. Special occasions, holidays, vacations etc.

Never thought I would ever be this weight again, certainly not at my age. I am pretty proud of myself. And feel confidant I can maintain, once I reach goal.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 319 lbs

-What's your target? 140 lbs

-What are you now? 137 ish

-How many calories/day do you consume? 1600+ more on days when I am active

-When did you start your weight loss journey? January 2011
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Started about 4 years ago, sometime in 2009 I guess?

-What was your starting weight? 162lbs
    -What's your target? 135lbs
    -What are you now? 133 -137, depending on the day
    -How many calories/day do you consume? For the past year, 1800-2000+
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? Started about 4 years ago, sometime in 2009 I guess?

I started with other websites, stopped and started with keeping track of food and doing regular exercise. Joined MFP in April of 2011, but have been consistent with it for over a year now, logging my 600th straight day last weekend. :drinker:

Best success I've had has been over the past 12-13 months, since eating more calories, using weights in my workouts, and cutting back on the cardio - basically realizing I don't need to gonzo on the workouts for a huge calorie burn, but to make my time count, quality over quantity. Reading and understanding, and then implementing the info in this thread changed it all for me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

I can do this for the rest of my life - never going back to the way I was! :bigsmile:
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Restarted 5 months ago.
    Starting weight around 222
    Target around 171-176
    Currently at 190
    I take around 1600-1700 kcal daily ...
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 287
    What's your target? 111
    What are you now? 196-ish
    How many calories/day do you consume? 1,300-1,400
    When did you start your weight loss journey? October 1, 2011
  • FitCrystalLina
    FitCrystalLina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 198

-What's your target? 140

-What are you now? 179

-How many calories/day do you consume? 1500

-When did you start your weight loss journey? I started in sept and gained a couple of pounds back after my wedding and started again in mid january
  • Jocmc631942
    Jocmc631942 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What's your target?
    -What are you now?

I started at 212 at about Eastertime. My target is about 150 and currently I am 202. My calories I am still trying to figure out, I'm eating 1200 now but have raised that from 1000 and will likely increase it again to prevent troubles down the road (I like losing the weight fast but not at the risk that I could damage my metabolism later).

Starting weight ; 187 (I accidently put 182 on mobile fitnessplal)
    Target ;115 (in 5ft 2 inches tall)
    Now ; 167
    Calories ; I am for 1200 but I've been way under that, and need to eat right and not skip meals.

I started 40 days ago.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

This time around I started out at 383.

-What's your target?

My target weight is 150ish. I'm 5'6".

-What are you now?

Atm I'm 300.2

I've gone from 1960 to 2260 by changing my activity level to light and my goal from losing 2 lbs a week to 1 lb. This is closer to my TDEE-20%.

I started (this time) March 23, 2012 on WW and now MFP exclusively.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started back in 2010 after my son was born. I actually gained weight after he was born and got to 204 in November of 2010 That is when I decided to do something about it. I have had many stops and starts in that timeBut I have managed to get to 165 over the last few years. I am now starting at the hardest part the last half. I am so close to my goal and I know I can but it just isn't going fast enough. I have used calorie king and just going it on my own. ATM I am doing intermittent fasting at the 20/4 lvl I have given up all pop and artifical sweeteners. I am hoping this helps get me to the finish line and to my goal by the end of summer!

SW: 204
    CW: 165
    GW: 130
    35lbs to go!!!!!!