Coffee Creamer

Options

Replies

• HoneyCashew
    Options
    I LOVE that Italian Sweet Cream creamer...I understand...the taste is crazy good. Now I just have it once in a while for a treat. I usually do coconut or almond milk in my coffee now...much less sugar and calories. SO Delicious makes an awesome vanilla coconut creamer. So Delicious and Silk have some yummy ones to try! You might like them and not even miss the other one :)
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Fat free half & half.
  • ssb1662
    ssb1662 Posts: 26
    Options
    Lots of great suggestions.
    I will add a suggestion, that no matter what you decide to do, make the transition over a week or two or three. I love coffee too, but not black. :drinker:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Need my coffee sweet and creamy. I can get by with Splenda, but I have had to get used to a little less half n half to keep the Calories down. I can't stand milk, especially skim (why bother) and the "fat-free" substitutes (and all the other replacements) taste like hammered poop to me.
    I used to drink it black. I can't remember why.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I have one LARGE cup of coffee in the morning...and I now measure two tablespoons of my International Delight French Vanilla creamer at 70 calorie total. Not giving that up, but I have DEFINITELY cut back on the creamer amount once I looked at the calorie content.

^^^^^this, except I use International Delight White Chocolate Macadamia. 70 cals a day and it's factored into my cals.

Me too, only chocolate caramel. This is my one extravagance and sometimes I splurge and drink 2 cups.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am a serious caffeine addict. I used to drink numerous cups, latte's, coffee with cream, hundreds of calories a day. Here is what I did. First I have one cup the way I like it in the morning. Quad shot of espress with some sugar free syrup and a tablespoon of heavy cream. Yummy and kick starts the day. After that, black only. It did have the side effect of cutting back my caffeine, at first that is. Then, the most amazing thing happened. I grew to love it black. I don't even like it with cream anymore! It takes some time, but your taste buds will learn to appreciate the clear taste of a good cup of coffee. I don't say that lightly, I have never been able to get used to the taste of diet sodas.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I include 1/4 cup of half and half in my daily calorie budget. Creamers are full of all sorts of crud, I just go for the real thing. After my workout I throw a tbsp of double chocolate cocoa mix into my second cup of coffee. Makes a great recovery drink.

The fat in the half and half is satisfying and keeps me from feeling hungry during the day.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I cut my creamer with some skim milk. I can't drink straight black coffee. Ick. Must have some creamer in there!! I don't add sugar or splenda...but I will put 2 tbsp of the flavored creamer in there...or 1 tbsp with some skim milk :)
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try the powdered sugar free coffee mate. They are really good. Gives you a better flavor than the liquid. Also try a scoop of protein powder sometime in your coffee. My trick to make it not lumpy is to mix the protein powder with just a bit of water before adding to the hot coffee.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm literally adding 300+ calories a day on my coffee creamer addiction (Nestle Italian Sweet Cream) and i don't use the term addiction loosely. I love my coffee but without this creamer I find that I don't like it quite as much. What do you all put in your coffee in the morning? and if I consider giving up coffee altogether (which is a heavy heavy HEAVY consideration!!!) what can I substitute in it's place. It's not only the calories i'm worried over but also my sugar intake. The amount i'm taking in daily goes over my goals every day and I'm almost positive that can't be healthy! Thanks guys!

Instead of limiting it all together - just limit your portion to one cup a day fixed how you like it.
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I use sugar-free creamer or stevia to sweeten it up.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the love for that artificial goo. Sorry.

I use real half and half. At 20 calories per tablespoon, I don't even bother logging it.
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use trader joes light coconut milk
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The ONLY creamer I found that taste the same and low in calories is Land o Lakes FF Creamer. Love it, and add a couple Splendas;)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    1 tsp of stevia and a tlbs of Internationa lDelight, various flavors.
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use 1 packet of real sugar and 1 individual International Delight Hershey's Chocolate & Caramel creamer for 8 oz. of coffee = about 43 cal =))
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    1 tsp of raw sugar and 2 tbsp of organic half and half 60 calories
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    300 calories... WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nestle makes the natural bliss ones in sweet cream with it yummy. I use Jordan's skinny syrup.. 0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugars. Or I use nestle consensed milk. EIther way, its better than 300 calories of creamer. Holy cats.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Half a scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 tsp mct coconut oil, and 1 tsp grass fed butter blend it up and it's delicious, but also high in calories. But not empty calories.
  • yenna42
    yenna42 Posts: 17
    Options
    bump